Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New Player Starting.... Shall I bother?

TidusRTidusR Member Posts: 42

Hello Me and my friend have both just ordered the game and expansions and am thinking of giving the game ago. We are both seasoned veterans of mmo's and both love final fantasy games. The thing i wondering is A has this game got much life left in it and B will there be many others starting out like us and if so which is the best sever for the noobs. Also if anyone has some good tips etc i would love to hear them......

oh just 1 other thing shall i go white, red or black mage?

Comments

• dannydarkodannydarko Member Posts: 11

You should come to sylph and I'll level a new job with you guys! Bring back some old adventure for me!

• RictisRictis Member UncommonPosts: 1,300
    Originally posted by TidusR

Hello Me and my friend have both just ordered the game and expansions and am thinking of giving the game ago. We are both seasoned veterans of mmo's and both love final fantasy games. The thing i wondering is A has this game got much life left in it and B will there be many others starting out like us and if so which is the best sever for the noobs. Also if anyone has some good tips etc i would love to hear them......

oh just 1 other thing shall i go white, red or black mage?

Im sorry TIdus, but the players that are left on the FF servers are all vets of the game now.  There are few and far between noobs left to that game.  Its mostly now a die hard small community that play it, ultimately because the MMO in itself was done so poorly by Square.  The characters anc concepts are there, but poor execution.  I recommend WoW for noob MMO players, easy to learn and fun to play with friends

• lilfoolilfoo Member Posts: 38

It is unlikely that you will meet new "Fresh" players. but you will see people lvling multiple jobs. dont think of it as a bad thing. everyone has to start somewhere.

• gnitroxgnitrox Member Posts: 20

Well I just came back to the game starting a new character on the Bahumat server. I have a friend on too who is also just starting. I don't think you'll have any problems with lower lvls and other noobs,.

• k11keeperk11keeper Member UncommonPosts: 1,048

Well due to the way the job system works on this game it won't be hard to find people do lvl with and such. I was actually thinking about picking up sch once i finish lvling my war to 75. It's good that you have a friend to play with as well. I would find jobs that you both can lvl with easily but when it comes down to it you should lvl what you like and have fun with. As far and stuff besides lvling if you get into a decent linkshell you should be able to find people willing to help you get quest and missions done. You could also try shouting in lower jeuno or aht urghan whitegate once you get to that point.

True much of the player base is seasoned veterans but there are still people out there starting the game. Also people that used to play come back now and again that havent got to 75 yet. I would say if you are a MMO fan and final fantasy fan then i recommend this game for you. I was not fan of the FF series when i started but since then i have played 9-12 minus X-2 and enjoyed all of them. The storyline for each mission is wonderful and if you know how SE loves to make great cutscenes you won't be dissapointed here.

Well hope you give it a go try getting on sylph with the guy who said he'd lvl with you maybe you'll meet some nice people and he will be able to help you and your friend get you foot in the door so you can do all the fun and enjoyable stuff in ffxi. See you Vana'Diel

• CDCostaCDCosta Member Posts: 90

Hey.

I played FFXI since launch and i quit a few months back due to time issues with my new job.

You wont have much trouble finding parties during the lower levels, as FFXI you need to level more then one job.

It will probably get harer through the 30-40s but you should manage, and the game isnt dead yet, i see it still having a few years left in it.

FFXI is one of my favorite MMOs, but things like Gilsellers and botters did ruin it at one point, but that goes with every game.

The three mages you listed are all differnt play styles:

BlackMage: The nuker, gets a lot of party invites and has good end game importance, but is slowly going down because everyone just uses blackmages to beat anything and they are trying to stop that.

WhiteMage: The healer, most needed in parties, and engame, Id say this is the most sagfe choice, but most people dont like to heal.

RedMage: The jack of all trades, pretty fun to play at the beginning and soloing endgame, but ater lvl 41 you become a refreash/buff whore.

Hope this helped!

• Jerid13Jerid13 Member Posts: 465

Originally posted by lilfoo

It is unlikely that you will meet new "Fresh" players. but you will see people lvling multiple jobs. dont think of it as a bad thing. everyone has to start somewhere.
    Personally on Diabolos I see new players quite regularly, and I also see old players who are returning and leveling new jobs they never considered before.

The Community is still very much alive and there is much to do in FFXI now, from raising a chocobo, to racing it in the circuit, even getting a pet monster and making it fight against other monsters (Monster rancher style).

The game should be listed as a 2-6 player game, its really not made for soloing but its becoming easier and easier to get around and level.

I still see a lot of new players running about, and even if you can't find any the way this game is made it makes it so you can always find someone to play with because there are so many jobs to level and every last one of them is different.

So be it Noob or Vet, you'll find a buddy I'm sure.

• k11keeperk11keeper Member UncommonPosts: 1,048

I agree with what costa says on most of his points. It will get more difficult to get a pt around 40ish because most people stop lvling jobs at 37unless they plan to take it to 75. Lvls 40-50 can go by very quickly as well if you have a decent pt and a rdm to non stop pt.

Gil sellers seem to be a thing of the past though which is great for new players and awesome for old players that made loads of money when they were around and everything was really expensive. SE has taken many steps to insuring that gil sellers lives suck prices on AH are going down and if you check gil prices for money im sure its way over priced so no one is going to buy it.

• TidusRTidusR Member Posts: 42

Originally posted by dannydarko

You should come to sylph and I'll level a new job with you guys! Bring back some old adventure for me!
    That Sounds Good I will log onto your Server You will Have to let me know what your player name is.

And to everyone else thanks for the comments I will DEFINATELY be giving this game ago