Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Combat damage Question

MasterPain55MasterPain55 Member Posts: 257

Ok i've been playing the trial for few days and i have a pretty basic understanding on whats going on in the game. My complaint is when you shoot another ship there is no "Umpth" factor, it doesn't realistically feel like im damaging them until they explode. For example in a fps you shoot someone and blood comes out...Does anyone else feel this way? i wan't to be a pirate in eve but the lack of damage perception is drawing me away from the game, the only time i see damage is when i destroy the other ship and it blows up. Does this change with better ships or is the only "umpth" factor you get is when you actually destroy the ship?

Comments

• Nu11u5Nu11u5 Member Posts: 597

The current weapon effects haven't changed much since the game's release 5 years ago. A few new ones were added for variation (originally some effects were reused too much) but overall the effects system got simpler to improve FPS issues at the time.

Now that the graphics engine has been rewritten, more complex effects can be added for weapon fire and damage. CCP plans to get the new effect finished around the time the rest of the world models are released (not yet but Soon™).

If you can compare the difference between the old ship models and the new premium models you will get an idea what to expect when the effects upgrade rolls out.

//insert sig here
  • batolemaeusbatolemaeus Member CommonPosts: 2,061

A ship will start to burn when it hits hull by the way. ;)

• PegasusJFPegasusJF Member Posts: 268

I think missiles and particularly torpedoes would be more your thing, as far as more damage shown on the ship, not really, but I hear there is an effects graphic update in the pipeline, it may introduce some ship damage.

But think of this in how it affects gameplay in large fleet battles, such effects on so many ships would cripple frame rates. It's probably not an high priority update.