Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cool New Website for Girl Gamers!!!

123457»

Comments

• JustinJosephJustinJoseph Site Co-FounderMember UncommonPosts: 602

Originally posted by vrtldave
    I am ready to get banned but I dont like being pushed around... I understnad you just want to stop this fight justin but it really annoys me when a person in power throws their weight around... lol I dont know how much longer I will have on this site... I do think its great and all, and this first time I saw someone throw around their power on these forums... I bet you cna understand the same feeling its like a teacher telling you to sit down and shut up... now that ticks me off... I am not trying to "rebel against the system"... grrr... anger... and the possibilty of being banned... makes me madder... errr... do you have prince albert in a can...

Hmm, I am not sure what to make of this..  I never have ever thrown my weight around much less do people know that I am one of the founders who started this website.   Secondly, this has gotten really out of hand and nobody seems to want to stop it.  I am really dissapointed in how I was ignored by members of the mmorpg.com, really I do believe I deserve atleast that amount of respect.  Unfortunately it seems that some of you feel differently.  I apologize if I seem to hard, because that is far from what I am.  But I wont let this go any further, its gone far enough so follow the rules and everything will be fine. 

I believe offending a member by calling them names with sarcasm is one of the worst rules that you can break and one we will not condone here at mmorpg.com, sorry if it seems harsh but we aren't going to let the website become like many of the others we have seen floating around, this is our home and hopefully yours too so relax and be comfortable, but try not to break nothing.

----------------------------
    Justin Joseph
    -MMORPG.COM Co-Founder-
    [email protected]

"In a world full of heroes, there are no longer heroes. Because it's as such.  In a world full of Newtons & Einsteins, no longer are there geniuses. Because being genius is the norm. In a world where everyone slays dragons, no longer are there heroes, because its the norm" -Finwe

• Rikimaru_XRikimaru_X Member UncommonPosts: 11,718

Originally posted by JustinJoseph

Hmm, I am not sure what to make of this..  I never have ever thrown my weight around much less do people know that I am one of the founders who started this website.   Secondly, this has gotten really out of hand and nobody seems to want to stop it.  I am really dissapointed in how I was ignored by members of the mmorpg.com, really I do believe I deserve atleast that amount of respect.  Unfortunately it seems that some of you feel differently.  I apologize if I seem to hard, because that is far from what I am.  But I wont let this go any further, its gone far enough so follow the rules and everything will be fine. 
    I believe offending a member by calling them names with sarcasm is one of the worst rules that you can break and one we will not condone here at mmorpg.com, sorry if it seems harsh but we aren't going to let the website become like many of the others we have seen floating around, this is our home and hopefully yours too so relax and be comfortable, but try not to break nothing.

Justin Joseph
    -MMORPG.COM Co-Founder-
    [email protected]
    "In a world full of heroes, there are no longer heroes. Because it's as such.  In a world full of Newtons & Einsteins, no longer are there geniuses. Because being genius is the norm. In a world where everyone slays dragons, no longer are there heroes, because its the norm" -Finwe

Your the Co-Founder and you never got respect?image

-In memory of Laura "Taera" Genender. Passed away on Aug/13/08-
    |
    RISING DRAGOON ~AION US ONLINE LEGION for Elyos

• FinweFinwe Member CommonPosts: 3,106

Originally posted by Drakaeon

In my post, our old friend "humor" came back and you missed him once again. Don't worry, I will give you his phone number and you two can meet up.

I doubt so, but I cannot call you a liar because I don't know your intent, maybe you just dont know that humor is a hard thing to translate onto the internet, and to make it known that your trying to be funny, and not inflammatory. You seem to not have the tact to make it known when your flaming, and when your just joking around. Considering you pretty much make it sound the same when you type.

"The greatest trick the devil played on humanity in the 20th century was convincing them that he didn't exist." (Paraphrasing) C.S. Lewis

"The greatest trick the devil played on humanity in the 20th century was convincing them that he didn't exist." (Paraphrasing) C.S. Lewis

"If a mother can kill her own child, what is left before I kill you and you kill me?" -Mother Teresa when talking about abortion after accepting the Nobel Peace Prize in 1979

Haha Justin. How amusing, you're like the silent stalker that never posts, and in one hour on one thread you make four posts? Is this the coming of a new era on MMORPG.com? Are the founders going to start posting again?

The apocalypse has come!

"If a mother can kill her own child, what is left before I kill you and you kill me?" -Mother Teresa when talking about abortion after accepting the Nobel Peace Prize in 1979

• vrtldavevrtldave Member Posts: 558
    As we all know teachers deserve respect.. and we should listen to them because they usually telling the truth... but do you like it when someone tells you you doing something wrong... and tells you stop with a ultimate consquence of being banned... You were right in all respects that this forum should stop... but as a teacher telling to stop doing something you are not willing to stop... anger is devolped for that teacher due to their commanditive tone... I am just saying that it makes me and I pretty sure a lot of other people mad when you flat out tell them stop or be banned... and just because you have that power....

As we all know teachers deserve respect.. and we should listen to them because they usually telling the truth... but do you like it when someone tells you you doing something wrong... and tells you stop with a ultimate consquence of being banned... You were right in all respects that this forum should stop... but as a teacher telling to stop doing something you are not willing to stop... anger is devolped for that teacher due to their commanditive tone... I am just saying that it makes me and I pretty sure a lot of other people mad when you flat out tell them stop or be banned... and just because you have that power....

You and fwine is right and i totaly agree with them . . .i also got to go to bed image

night

|

• JustinJosephJustinJoseph Site Co-FounderMember UncommonPosts: 602

Vt, I completely understand where you are coming from but the fact is that I did not come right across with any threats of "banning", as a matter of fact this was my first post:

"Well, isn't this just filled with a lot of DRAMA?  Lets get to the point.. there is a lot of "Rules" being broken here.  I am not going to point them all out, but let me put it to you like this guys and gals.. The "ad" is the least of the worries in this post, it is true that she should have a mmorpg.com link on her website and it's never to late to add one! ;)

Everyone, please read our Rules of Conduct before pursuing to go any further in this thread.  It is important that we all follow the rules ( including me ) so that our website continues to have constructive conversations and continues to be what you all have made it so far. "

After I was completely ignored and I steadily watched the thread, I made another post in regards to "trying to be nice".  But that failed as well, one of the members decided to make a very Rude comment, it was deleted on site and he was warned that the next time he would be banned and has since returned to this thread. 

Don't take me for a teacher, really I didn't pay that much attention in school.  It's very easy to misconcept or take posts out of context, because words can only show so much expression.  You must understand that I have to stay professional at most times here and allowing such a Soap Opera go on here at mmorpg.com is something that I am not gonna allow to go on, especially when someone is on the other end being verbally mistreated.

When you have some free time I ask you all to revisit our rules of conduct here, I believe it will really shed some light on this darkness. 

Fin, thats number 5 image

Justin Joseph
    -MMORPG.COM Co-Founder-
    [email protected]

Number 5? Hrm....What next...Admin starts posting frequently. Hahahaha!

• Smelly_ArmorSmelly_Armor Member UncommonPosts: 571

I am ready to get banned but I dont like being pushed around... I understnad you just want to stop this fight justin but it really annoys me when a person in power throws their weight around... lol I dont know how much longer I will have on this site... I do think its great and all, and this first time I saw someone throw around their power on these forums... I bet you cna understand the same feeling its like a teacher telling you to sit down and shut up... now that ticks me off... I am not trying to "rebel against the system"... grrr... anger... and the possibilty of being banned... makes me madder... errr... do you have prince albert in a can...image

vrtldave, I don't see how Justin_Joseph is throwing his weight around. He has actually been very tolerant of this thread in trying to allow as much free speech as possible in accordance with the mmorpg.com ROE.

I've visited mmorpg.com almost a year before becoming a member and have not seen an mmorpg.com staff member, admin or mod "throw their weight around" or abuse their power. Most of the staff members and mods are pretty tolerant in accordance with the ROE except when it comes to things that are really outrageous violations that could severly harm the crediblilty and integrity of mmorpg.com. I have been gaming and surfing the net for a long time, and mmorpg.com is one of favorite sites to come and be a part of.

Most important point, a staff member has read this thread, posted to it, and should've anwered any questions you had about whether or not Serrafina's, sorry if I misspelled your handle because I've been up quite awhile with no sleep, thread is kosher or not. People need to understand that if they don't agree with a person, don't like a game or certain web site that personally attacking or flaming that person is not the way to disagree and debate.

Justin_Joseph ty for your and all the staff's hard work and dedication to this site.::::28::

Serrafina, again ty for being apart of the mmorpg.com community and please do not let those that flam and attack discourage you form being apart of this wonderful site. And again, I wish you the best of luck and much success with your site and endeavors into the online world.::::28::

To all my fellow MMORPG.COM'ers, I'm going to bed because I've reached the point where caffeine is no longer being an effective stimulant at keeping my head from falling into the keyboard. Good night or good morning depending on where ever you are.::::39::

imageimage Well I dazed out from all of this and I have to get ready for school.

|

• ramadinramadin Member Posts: 1,304

Originally posted by Serrafina

Justin Thank you....send me your banner and I will post it!!

Serrafina

Funny, only 15 pages into the thread she suddenly wants to follow the rules after admin makes an appearance.  Serrafina, you have contributed nothing to this site except to cause an uproar and to try to dip into someone elses web traffic.  How about posting on some other topics and leave this one grow cold.

Lying in bed, looking up at the stars, a single thought passed through my head. Where the fuc|{ is my roof.

-----------------Censored------------------

• SerrafinaSerrafina Member Posts: 33

Originally posted by ramadin

Originally posted by Serrafina
    Justin Thank you....send me your banner and I will post it!!
    Serrafina

Funny, only 15 pages into the thread she suddenly wants to follow the rules after admin makes an appearance.  Serrafina, you have contributed nothing to this site except to cause an uproar and to try to dip into someone elses web traffic.  How about posting on some other topics and leave this one grow cold.

Lying in bed, looking up at the stars, a single thought passed through my head. Where the fuc|{ is my roof.

Have you read the rules....cause I have followed them. But you don't I see your signature doesn't follow the rules.

Serrafina

Cause it is all about the Girlz!!
    www.girlzgametoo.com

Cause it is all about the Girlz!!
    www.girlzgametoo.com

This discussion has been closed.