Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

So...another Incredible Hulk

Hulk smash? 

Starting to see the trailers for the new Hulk movie. I'm not sure if I'm giving it its fair shake, I just hated the last one so very badly. I know it's a different director and a whole new movie and they're pretty much ignoring the last one they made, but I guess I'm just prejudiced against Hulk movies because of it.

Comments

• EnigmaEnigma Member UncommonPosts: 11,384

Well....there is aplus to this Hulk versus the 2003 Hulk.

1. This Bruce Banner is a great actor (Ed Norton from Primal Fear and The Illusionist

2. It's not being directed by Ang Lee

3. Hopefully they have learned (unlike G Lucas) that CGI isn't everything.

People who have to create conspiracy and hate threads to further a cause lacks in intellectual comprehension of diversity.

• MylonMylon Member Posts: 975

Superheroes are immortal and refuse to die, much to my disappointment. The stories have already been told, but the movie industry feels compelled to tell them again instead of getting something original. I don't mind the superhero genre, but give us more original movies like Sky High (decent), Incredibles (great) or the new Will Smith movie coming out.

• unconformedunconformed Member Posts: 700

more comic book movies or, at least adaptable to video game movies. hollywood is hedging its bets these days.

chips, dips chains & whips.

• AmpallangAmpallang Member Posts: 396

I thought the 2003 move  was unclear in exactly how the hulk stopped his father.  Still I am hoping for something more with this one.  I always thought it strange how the military never seemed to consider having a hot woman slip him a strong sedative in his coffee or whatever before trying to capture him.  Instead its "lets pull out all the hummers and choppers we can find to give a very big announcement of our presence."

I know its a movie but Im convinced that something a bit more sly would seem more believable.

If you are not being responded to directly, you are probably on my ignore list.

• DraenorDraenor Member UncommonPosts: 7,918

Edward Norton is an amazing actor...that alone would be enough to get me to go and see it.

Your argument is like a two legged dog with an eating disorder...weak and unbalanced.

• lomillerlomiller Member Posts: 1,810
    I suspect this movie is going to ignore the previous Hulk movie altogether. It looks like it may be a setup for the Avengers movie coming in 2010/2011. 
  • bamboob3bamboob3 Member Posts: 33
    Originally posted by Draenor

Edward Norton is an amazing actor...that alone would be enough to get me to go and see it.

I could not agree more. That's the same reason I'm gonna watch this movie.

• SagaBoySagaBoy Member Posts: 83

I may stand alone here, but I feel the last Hulk movie was really terrible.  I mean I hadn't read up on the Hulk or even knew who he was outside of those old reruns that use to air every now and again.  But, for such a strong "thing," the Hulk, as portrayed in that movie, was such a wuss that it just killed the whole image for me.  And, the bit with his father was not only unclear but it was so....so... poorly done that it just left a bad taste in my mouth.  It wasn't bad cinema, oddly enough; meaning I couldn't point to any one thing the movie really did wrong.  It just didn't have the vibe of a good comic book / superhero movie.  But, I suppose Batman Begins and now Iron Man are really raising the bar as it pertains to comic book-to-movie films.

I have to see this movie just to gain faith in the Hulk.  It can't get much worse than that last attempt...I HOPE!

• FrostHearT09FrostHearT09 Member Posts: 93

Comparing the last hulk movie and this new one, I say this one is more Achieving than the 1st one.. Looking from its visual graphics this new one is very much much better! the 1st one just Su**S. Im looking forward to this movie cause as the creator say, they will make more dc super heroes movie and combine all them in one movie.

• MajesticoMajestico Member UncommonPosts: 481

One of the biggest let-downs of the last movie, I thought, were the special effects.  The Hulk is meant to be this unstoppable monster, an anti-hero, but you did not get that impression with that movie.  From this trailer, the special effects do not seem to have been greatly improved, and the Hulk still looks unreal, and fake.  Although I shall wait to see the movie before properly judging.  One thing that was sorely lacking from the first movie was presence of a decent 'bad guy', or adversary for the Hulk.  The comic book has a plethora of excellent villians, that would have made for a great, CGI slug-fest.  I heard this time around that The Abomination is going to be in it.  So two great brutes, duking it out.  Could be a great spectacle if done properly.