Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

AoC Official Forums: Why Can't I Use Them?! + Merge Topic

Comments

• adamch29adamch29 Member UncommonPosts: 71
    Originally posted by sassoonss

Originally posted by Nonnus

I had EA, converted it to retail and can get in the game, but I still can't get on the forums.  These monkeys have no idea what they are doing.  When the only support you provide is through e-mail (two day response) or forums, you darn well should allow at least read-only access to the forums.  How stupid can you be?  I defy anyone to find a phone number for Funcom in North America, btw.
    Same issue here

HAd early access key  ( i did access the forums then)

Added retail key this morning and setup the account with cc details + subscription plan

When i try to log in forums it 1st says logged in and bring ups the page no authencication , activate retail key crap page

You have to set a user name and password for forum access in your funcom account.  Did you try that?

• LokeroLokero Member RarePosts: 1,514
    Originally posted by adamch29

I had EA, converted it to retail and can get in the game, but I still can't get on the forums.  These monkeys have no idea what they are doing.  When the only support you provide is through e-mail (two day response) or forums, you darn well should allow at least read-only access to the forums.  How stupid can you be?  I defy anyone to find a phone number for Funcom in North America, btw.
    Same issue here

Added retail key this morning and setup the account with cc details + subscription plan

When i try to log in forums it 1st says logged in and bring ups the page no authencication , activate retail key crap page

You have to set a user name and password for forum access in your funcom account.  Did you try that?

I've done this like 8 times myself in the last day or two(have retail key registered, etc.), and it just won't let me in.

• sassoonsssassoonss Member UncommonPosts: 1,132

Originally posted by Lokero

Originally posted by adamch29

Same issue here

I've done this like 8 times myself in the last day or two(have retail key registered, etc.), and it just won't let me in.

lol i am not the only one

yes went over  the forum update even changed password a few times

First it says thanks for logging in and then stops it and brings to authenciation failure/ activate key page

• adamch29adamch29 Member UncommonPosts: 71

Weird.  I'm not having problems, but I was Early Access.  It says it's supposed to be available to all customers now, early access and retail.  They said that they would let non customers in as soon as they could.  There were over 5000 posts in the first few hours it was open.

It 1st says

..... Thansk for logging in Directing you to ......

and then

you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
    2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

• VetarniasVetarnias Member UncommonPosts: 630

Just amazing.  They not only prevent you from posting on their forums (quite understandable, if you ask me), but also from reading them?

Just great.

The worst part is, if I want honest reactions on the actual game, I will not be reading there, but on other forums such as here.  What I'm looking for, however, is whether people with similar systems to mine are capable of running it in a playable state.  I don't rely on system requirement figures, as they have been known to have been woefully underestimated in some cases.  Didn't they announce them just two months ago?  Already Wikipedia is mentioning (erroneously) that you need that universally reviled piece of junkware Vista to run it.  Yeah, right.

So right now my real decision is not whether I want to play the game or not, but whether I am ready to make a blind bet as to whether or not it is going to run on my system.

I'm not the type of guy to upgrade video cards or other hardware if a game doesn't run on my machine. If a game doesn't run, it doesn't run; I'm not going to shell out additional money just to play it, especially when I don't know if I am going to like it.  In a few cases I bought games I wanted even though I knew my then-current computer could not run them, because I was planning to change computers in a year or two, and that then I could play it with all the patches already released.  But for obvious reasons, you can't do that with MMO's.

So what happens then if the game runs in a below-playable status on my machine?  Can't return it.  So my only recourse is to give it away to one of my friends with both excess time and money.  That's why I rely on forums to find out that kind of stuff.  Secrecy might actually make it worse if I do not want to take any risks.

• kaedexkaedex Member Posts: 23

Does this mean our forum account got wiped without any warning ?

I made an account there since almost day 1 when those forums were made.. will it be possible to link the retail with the old forum account ?

It 1st says

and then

you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
    If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Getting the same page.

• the_troutthe_trout Member Posts: 84

It 1st says

and then

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
    If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Same here.

I sent an email to CS, got an automated reply telling me why I couldn't access the EA ?!? Nowhere in my email did I even mention the EA. At least I got a case number. Sent another email in asking for a reply to the actual issue regarding the forum access. We'll see how it works out. Sucks, 'cause the game itself is just stupid fun. I'm having a riot but the logistics around the launch and other subsystems clearly needs work.

• voodookhanvoodookhan Member Posts: 267

Originally posted by Lokero

It 1st says

and then

Getting the same page.

Ditto.

And I pre-ordered, am currently now paying, can get in the game just fine, and have waited the 30 mins they asked you to wait when putting in the forum l login info. Well at least the GAME runs better than the forums! I've got that at least.

--------------
    Played: Age of Conan, DDO, Saga of Ryzom, SWG, DaOC, MxO, EQ2, and so on...
    Wish List: Jumpgate Evolution, Star Wars: TOR, Star Trek

• ltolmanltolman Member Posts: 55

I'm having trouble too

Registered both my retail and my pre order key on May 17th; I was able to view/post on the forums

Launch day was May 20th so then May 19th late at night I got a "You've been banned message" and my account "Closed"

Launch day morning; May 20th I heard how to unfreeze account by entering my retail key in again and voila; I'm open for business and I was able to play the game.

However my Forums still said "Banned"

So I went back to the Registration page and clicked "Update/Create Login for Forums"

Well it saved my original data, so I left it alone then it says "please wait up to 30min for full effect"

So 1.5hrs later it no longer said "Banned" it says I have insufficient priveleges (like another posted up top)

Here we are 24hrs later after trying to send a message to Customer Service ( I think it got cut off, my words) I havent heard any response, its not being sent to junk email, my email is a valid email address not like into google or web based mail and now I am trying to send them another request but alas it says:

Send Customer Service Request failed

(Ref. -1811466943)

error: (111, 'Connection refused')

The Site Administrator has been Notified.

Please try again later.

So I'm still stuck, it still wont log me into the Forums.

Maybe now what I'll do is change my whole log in information I guess; log in name and password al-together and wait 30min, still if not I'm very upset.

Oh and I tred re-entering my retail key again but it says "Nothing found" which obviously means that my retail key has been used lol

^

I tried changing my forum account information to something new and waited for several hours, it didn't work either.

pity no updates

just changed forum username and password

lets see what happen in an hour but atleast we have mmorpg.com lot of valuable info and helpful people around here

• grimmbotgrimmbot Member Posts: 302

Just FYI:

I changed my forum username *and* password yesterday (from "griminald" to "griminalde"), but while "griminalde" appears on my account for the forum info, the official forums don't even recognize it. It still does, however, recognize "griminald" (my OLD login), which brings up the same access error you're all experiencing.

So it's definitely something with how their forums are updating accounts, because my new username isn't even in their system after 24 hours.

• HarafnirHarafnir Member UncommonPosts: 1,350

*smiles happily* Good ole Funcom. I have missed their antics. It's like coming home again :D

"This is not a game to be tossed aside lightly.
    It should be thrown with great force"

• sweetdreamssweetdreams Member UncommonPosts: 190

NVM. Wrong topic.

• the_troutthe_trout Member Posts: 84

I just sent my 3rd email into CS regarding this issue. Still haven't recieved a reply that they are even aware there is an issue.

• FaoiteFaoite Member Posts: 30

Originally posted by ltolman

I'm having trouble too
    Registered both my retail and my pre order key on May 17th; I was able to view/post on the forums
    Launch day was May 20th so then May 19th late at night I got a "You've been banned message" and my account "Closed"
    Launch day morning; May 20th I heard how to unfreeze account by entering my retail key in again and voila; I'm open for business and I was able to play the game.
    However my Forums still said "Banned"
    So I went back to the Registration page and clicked "Update/Create Login for Forums"
    Well it saved my original data, so I left it alone then it says "please wait up to 30min for full effect"
    So 1.5hrs later it no longer said "Banned" it says I have insufficient priveleges (like another posted up top)
    Here we are 24hrs later after trying to send a message to Customer Service ( I think it got cut off, my words) I havent heard any response, its not being sent to junk email, my email is a valid email address not like into google or web based mail and now I am trying to send them another request but alas it says:

Send Customer Service Request failed
    (Ref. -1811466943)

error: (111, 'Connection refused')
    The Site Administrator has been Notified.

Please try again later.

So I'm still stuck, it still wont log me into the Forums.

Maybe now what I'll do is change my whole log in information I guess; log in name and password al-together and wait 30min, still if not I'm very upset.

Oh and I tred re-entering my retail key again but it says "Nothing found" which obviously means that my retail key has been used lol
    ^--- this

• XAlliedYouthXAlliedYouth Member Posts: 5

I still keep getting the "you don't have the permissions to do this" message.  It's getting very annoying when I go to click a like I found on google to find out that it's from the AoC forums.  Clicking the cached version works but is still irritating.

• valosnavalosna Member Posts: 1

I have been sending in tickets since monday about the forum you don't have permission crap .... oh and there is a funcom of north america phone number

Funcom Inc

5826 Fayetteville Rd # 201, Durham, NC 27713-8684, United States  (Map)

Phone: (919) 806-0707

I say a few of us that have waited for customer service tickets to be answered for 4 days now give them a call!

• kelathegypsykelathegypsy Member Posts: 7

I'm also having the same issue, I have an active (paid) account but cannot access the forums.  I had an early access code so thats when I registered on the forums, but when those got canceled, the forum accounts never were turned back on again.  I've updated my forum information on my account page.

I found an email [email protected]  for account issues.  Thats where I sent my request but obviously have not heard anything back yet.  The link on the account page for customer support does not function so I had to go looking elsewhere.  If there is an actual tech support number, I couldn't find it.  (I'm not calling some random phone number unless its specifically for customers)

• zerohastezerohaste Member Posts: 1
    I was getting the don't have permission error too, and CS finally emailed me back about it and this is what they said:

"Greetings Adventurer!

The reason your account is showing up as frozen or banned is because you
    need to enter your retail key, found in the box located with your game
    disks. Once you do this you will no longer receive any errors when you

If you still receive an error, please be aware that we are working to
    resolve the situation and we appreciate your patience and understanding.

This is for both Forum and Account accessing errors.

May your swords be sharp and may Crom grant you strength!

We appreciate your enthusiasm and look forward to seeing you in Hyboria
    soon!

Good luck and happy adventuring!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    GM Sojourn
    www.ageofconan.com
    "May fuzzy kittens purr for you."

I told them my retail key WAS registered and has been since the 20th. I was able to access the forums just fine until the last day of EA (which I didn't have). It's pretty much just a wait until they get around to it thing now.

• Admittedly, I like to read the forums (and I have no plans to play aoc) as I am an mmo junkie but remembering back to AO and the forums I can understand why funcom might be gunshy about the forums.  So I am reading these forums and am enjoying the descriptions and comments about the game. (sorry I skip the bad ones..I'm here for fun..not agony). :)

• ltolmanltolman Member Posts: 55

Well after changing my username and password to something completely different, if I havent already said this but now it says this:

You have entered an invalid username or password. Please press the back button, enter the correct details and try again. Don't forget that the password is case sensitive. Forgotten your password? Click here!

Which is ironic because thats exactly what is in my Fucnom Account.

Thank you for the phone #, if they do no send me an email, get it fixed, I will be calling them next Tuesday admist my other things to do that day.

I cannot enter my retail key anymore, now it says "no upgrade found or anything"; therefore I have fully registered my Retail Box Key

I have been playing Age of Conan since Launch: May 20th yet I still cannot read the forums or even post.

Its irritating because also the people in the game arent helping me with my questions either.

So how am I gonna get more out of this game "Age of Conan" when I cannot access the forums or the people in the game respond to my inquiries??!!!

Originally posted by grimmbot

Just FYI:

I changed my forum username *and* password yesterday (from "griminald" to "griminalde"), but while "griminalde" appears on my account for the forum info, the official forums don't even recognize it. It still does, however, recognize "griminald" (my OLD login), which brings up the same access error you're all experiencing.
    So it's definitely something with how their forums are updating accounts, because my new username isn't even in their system after 24 hours.
    same here

i have ended with 5 diff kinds of usernames and password s