Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

This i my goodbýe?

Or not...

The thing is, i downloaded the 14days trial since ive been searching for an interesting PvP game with nice interaction(read guild/society) and nice Trading/crafting.

I found DAoC nice in the beginning, especially when i found the first PvP zone to slay some enemys in. The PvE was just plain boring and reminds me of any RPG you can play localy.

But what made me most dissapointed was the crafting part. You just make stuff, get better and thats it, no combinations, no blueprints or anything, you just craft arrows until you got the best and thats it.

Also, when i compare with other MMORPG:s i found that the veterans in this game was less helpful then in any other game i tried. I hope i was unlucky. I the end i found a guild with some nice ppl that had an positive attitude, but the interaction in soc seems so depending on what level your character is.

Anyway, i gave all my stuff to lovlevelppl that needed it now and i will take a week break and if i dont find a reason to come back i will delete my account.

The question is, have i missed the fun spot? What makes you go. Do i have to love xp-levveling to play this game?

Comments

• LhexLhex Member UncommonPosts: 262

First, how high of a lvl were you?

I think it gets better. My main is a lvl 39 infiltrator in Albion/Percival and I have a blast climbing the enemy keep walls and slicing those nasty Hibs and Mids.

There are many races / class combos and 3 different realms to chose. So there is alot of variety.

PvE gets more exciting the higher you go because most players have been playing awhile. Since all lvl 50 players can make a lvl 20 char at the start.

So yes, I think your missing out. If crafting is what you want in a game this may not be for you however.

---------------------------------------------
    Do not go where the path may lead; go instead where there is no path and leave a trail. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

• franqfranq Member Posts: 5

Thanks for your answer Lhex!

I had one LvL 12 Thane, one LvL 25 runie and one LvL 34 Hunter. Yes, i also noticed PvP where funnier and funnier the higher you came, but it was still a bit unflexible. If you camp outside the enemys spawn you can stay there forever, if you get some Zerg-friends run behind enemylines it can be done for hours, and if you just wanna ruin a keeps walls you can stand and gain xp for hours, but thats about it.

Im giving it a break for a cpl of days. Maybe some new nice angles of the game will come up here and i try it again. Or i simply walk on, nobody will cry anyway i guess :)

• Qbic07Qbic07 Member Posts: 91

Well mate if you are playing on excalibur and u need some help or a guild lemme know.

We will be more than happy to help you out.  You are right about the crafting part though you can inlay gems into pieces of armour so in a very limited way you can combine and construct something to your own taste.  I still play DAOC on a daily basis and I am loving every minute of it (unless of course when you are xp'ing in DF with a level 25 and you get wanked by a whole group of level 50 Hibs or Albs but that's part of the game image).

• panachepanache Member UncommonPosts: 397

For me Daoc still remains the best mmorpg i have ever played. Admittedly you took each toon you rolled to the same dungeon and camping spot for your achieved level. What kept me playing then? It was simply the people and friends i made there. In the early days i had great times with people i had met and was never short of a group when it was a comon sight to see 8 or 9 groups on salisbury plains and always 3 or 4 groups in catacombs. barrows or keltoi.

With the noobie part of daoc appearing dead and soloing becoming the norm, i can understand peoples frustrations with the game. Daoc was always intended as predominately a social affair with a heavy slant on forced grouping.

Pan

Pan

• unaydonunaydon Member Posts: 116
    u are right some old timers which is most of the people playing this game dont help . the crafting i like . but it is a comming and going thing befor toa crafting was great people asked for u to make things now not . at some point it will go back the other way when and if thay put def. things u can make. but the days of group hunting i think are over unless u are talking about master level stuff which is a shame , for that is one of the things i miss the most from when i started .but the level 50 pvp is fun and if u want pvp all the time anywhere u can always trymordred.

• sidebustersidebuster Member UncommonPosts: 1,712
    I am thinking about playing again when catacombs comes out, but the only time I never helped a lowbie was when they ask for gold for no reason or for too much. I ALWAYS helped if they were like level 1-5 and needed some silver for a horse ride to their friends or some gold for their armor. I never really nor ever seen any newbie as for help any other way. ANYWAYs I love this game and always end up comming back to my INF!! GO ALBION!!!!