Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Unexplained Crashes

navajinavaji Member UncommonPosts: 22

All during the EA I have been getting dumped out of the game.  Prior to Sundays patch I could stay in for a while than crash...however after Sunday's downtime, I can't stay logged in more than 5 mins at a time.

I have a NVidia 8800 GTX (have tried with old drivers as well as the latest drivers)

4gigs of 800MHZ RAM

Duel Core 6700 Intel

Windows XP HOME, and Cable modem...

My computer plays everything else fine, I logged into EQ2, COD4 and many others and left them to run for hours just to see if I would crash...they all still work. Not sure why CONAN keeps dumping me without even an error message. Has anyone else had these problems?

EA for me was a waste of $5, I only got to Lvl 13 with one charector due to these crashes.

Any help would be nice...

PS --- I can't seem to registor and log into the actully FUNCOM message boards to see if there are answers there, I can only get to the TECH fact and questions site. When I try to registor for the forum they say that the registration for forum has been disabled.

Comments

• navajinavaji Member UncommonPosts: 22

Lots of posts fast! I don't think anyone even had time to see the topic

• tvalentinetvalentine Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 4,216

did you run the repair tool in the patcher???

Playing: EVE Online
    Favorite MMOs: WoW, SWG Pre-cu, Lineage 2, UO, EQ, EVE online
    Looking forward to: Archeage, Kingdom Under Fire 2
    KUF2's Official Website - http://www.kufii.com/ENG/ -

• skeaserskeaser Member RarePosts: 4,181

What's your power supply?

Sig so that badges don't eat my posts.

Yes I have ran the repair tool many many times...only once did it show an error.

I have a 600w power supply that is actully SLI ready (not using that option however).

What would power supply have to do with the game crashing, keep in mind that this is the only program that crashes to desktop I have. COD4 does not and I find the graphical requierments are pritty close between the two games.  However if you know something I don't please let me know.

• unsane13unsane13 Member Posts: 160

a lot of folks (including my wife) had this problem after the Sunday downtime/update (for some reason my pc wasn't affected, but if the wifey doesn't play then neither do I). lots of posts about it on the official forums and no real fix or else I would post it here. hopefully whatever they did will go away after today's downtime.

"For a wounded man shall say to his assailant, 'If I live, I will kill you. If I die, You are forgiven.' Such is the rule of honour..."

Unsane,

Any idea how I can get into the offical forums? For some odd reason I can't registor to get in.

Stupid me I never joined before the game launched =/

• unsane13unsane13 Member Posts: 160
    Originally posted by navaji

Unsane,
    Any idea how I can get into the offical forums? For some odd reason I can't registor to get in.
    Stupid me I never joined before the game launched =/

on your main account page scroll down a bit and select "Create or Update my Forum Login"

"For a wounded man shall say to his assailant, 'If I live, I will kill you. If I die, You are forgiven.' Such is the rule of honour..."

• SigneSigne Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 2,524

Don't you create the forum login on the subscription page at register.ageofconan.com?

oopsie.  I'm too slow!  :)