Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Open Beta

BezinatorBezinator Member Posts: 5

Anyone know if there is going to be an open beta for EQII?

Comments

• killerTwinkiekillerTwinkie Member CommonPosts: 1,694
    Obviously yes, all games need open beta as a stress test.  The date of this event is still up in the air at this time.

- MMORPG.COM Staff -

KillerTwinkie - That one guy who used to mod mmorpg.com's forums.

• BezinatorBezinator Member Posts: 5

Ok, thanks.. im sure you will post about it :)

• RJCoxRJCox Member Posts: 2,686

Actually don't take that as gospel or set in stone or anything, SOE is notorious for NOT having an open beta on their games, so just ahve to wait and see.

Richard J. Cox
    "There were much of the beautiful, much of the wanton, much of the bizarre, something of the terrible, and not a little of that which might have excited disgust."

• rathmarathma Member UncommonPosts: 3,786
     I wouldn't be suprised if they didn't have an open beta. The closed beta has been behind scheduel for months now. Knowing SOE they would rather release it early than put out an open beta.

http://www.OriginNow.com - Official Fanboi

EverQuest II : Level 20 Paladin - Antonia Bayle Server
  • RJCoxRJCox Member Posts: 2,686

Well as far as I know they've never done an open beta before on ANY game, therefore I really don't see them starting now.

Richard J. Cox
    "There were much of the beautiful, much of the wanton, much of the bizarre, something of the terrible, and not a little of that which might have excited disgust."

• |MaguS||MaguS| Member Posts: 317

Originally posted by rathma
     I wouldn't be suprised if they didn't have an open beta. The closed beta has been behind scheduel for months now. Knowing SOE they would rather release it early than put out an open beta.

Closed Beta is right on schedule... Maybe later phases are alittle behind but the game is still in the early phases. :)

%43%75%72%72%65%6E%74%6C%79%20%42%65%74%61%20%54%65%73%74%69%6E%67%20%45%76%65%72%71%75%65%73%74%20%32%2E

• DjinnxDjinnx Member Posts: 18
    doesnt the game come out on November 17th? that is the rumor i have heard at least.

-Djinnx
    Runestone: Guild of Destiny

-Djinnx
    Runestone: Guild of Destiny

• OminisOminis Member Posts: 1,015

The November 17th release date is just speculation by the stores. (EB, Gamestop, etc) They are just giving a rough estimate from what little info they got from SOE. Quite often those dates change with all the delays that can occur. As of right now no one is exaclty sure when they are going to release it. Best idea is just to wait until SOE releases the official info.

Currently:
    Alpha: Guild Wars
    Beta: AO: Alien Invasion
    Playing: City of Heroes
    Interested: WOW & EQII (yeah, both... deal with it)

Currently:
    Playing: WOW & GW

• SynotSynot Member Posts: 2

Originally posted by Kunou

Well as far as I know they've never done an open beta before on ANY game, therefore I really don't see them starting now.

Planetside

• JcosbyJcosby Member Posts: 3

They had 3 closed phases for EQ, and the 4th Phase was Open.  Don't know about SWG.

• DulainDulain Member UncommonPosts: 616

I doubt there will be an open beta for EQ2. They have like 300k applicants as well as 10k winners from the PC Gamer contest codes. Which is more then enough for the stress test.

Forgot they're also using their Legends subscribers and those people who pre-ordered LoE.

• DewfireDewfire Member Posts: 89
    Planetside and SWG both had Open Betas...

Dewfire Gnome Paladin EQ2
    Retired: AO, DAOC, EQ, SWG

• ethionethion Member UncommonPosts: 2,888

I doubt they will have an open beta. I don't think it will be practical. If the game is going to be on 10CDs can you imagine trying to download that monster? Don't think so so they are gonna need to send testers CDs in the mail. This is gonna put a crimp on the testing process I'd guess....

Pure speculation of course. Maybe without the voice overs the game will be much smaller?

---
    Ethion

---
    Ethion

• NoisyMonkeyNoisyMonkey Member Posts: 220

bit torrent or fileplanet.. :O if its a huge open beta.. and they do it smartly then bit torrent might be good.. and fileplanet is 3 mb's a second if you subscribe :O

• |MaguS||MaguS| Member Posts: 317
    Neither of them...

%43%75%72%72%65%6E%74%6C%79%20%42%65%74%61%20%54%65%73%74%69%6E%67%20%45%76%65%72%71%75%65%73%74%20%32%2E