Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Terrible game.

2»

Comments

• ZorvanZorvan Member CommonPosts: 8,912
    Originally posted by gstla

I'm not mad at you, but let me ask you a few questions.  How many games do you know of that offer a decent Transformers/Mecha experience (MMO)--There aren't many.  This game caters to fans of Transformers/Gundam/Robotech who are willing to give it a chance.
    I don't knock the idea of the game itself. I was one of the first beta testers, as I was truly interested in this game. I gave it a chance. And would again, IF they got some priorities straight.
    I do agree that the English is poor and I can see why you would uninstall it, but personally I find it to be superficial reasoning in my opinion.
    Being unable to understand 90% of the games functions due to lack of coherent english in an english marketed game is not superficial.
    Do you think that everyone in your life will speak english to the same level as you do?  Capable people don't always speak english.
    No, but capable people find capable translators when marketing a game to an english speaking audience.
    I however, DO, see your overarching point that people who market to a NA/EU market should make sure that their game has a standard level of english. 
    Thank you, I'm glad to see we agree.
    I'm sorry that you didn't enjoy your experience, but i do think people should give it a chance.  Language is a means to communicate.
    And the means to communicate being broken is what drives a majority of the games intended audience away.
    Not Everyone has the same amount of capitol to create a WoW or a Guild Wars.  I respect snail for bringing AOA to US/NA, but it does have its flaws.
    Perfect World ( for an example ) has a near perfect english translation, very easily understandable, and with no bigger budget than that of AoA. Making a game understood by those who are supposed to play it has nothing to do with needing to be WoW or Guild Wars.
    Good luck finding a good game sir.

• gstlagstla Member Posts: 57

When I said that language is a means for people to communicate the intended meaning was that you shouldn't knock people for trying. (Even if you think that they haven't)

What I found/and find superficial is how people don't want to experiment in a beta--If you understand everything before you play a game, why play it?

Another thing that you may or may not have known is the the source-code for AoA is written in Chinese AOA--meaning that it may be very hard to change some parts of the game. (Just a Thought)

Overall, I think AOA deserves about a 5-7, but it's probably the lack of English that keeps it at a low morale.

• LordZeikLordZeik Member UncommonPosts: 276

What I find amusing is how people try to say AoA is a beta.... You pay real money for items in a game. Although, some companies have done that and used the beta as a shield to protect them from all the bugs and problems. While they take your money freely it by no means that the game is a beta. Even this website has classified AoA as a final/released stage game. Fact is this game is and will continue to fail. Maybe it's Snail to blame. Maybe it's the game itself to blame, or perhaps a combination of things. But, to try and lie to people and say that this game is one big fun time is cruel and unusual punishment for the masses. This game was fun at a time before they gutted it major and made a lot of changes to screw over new players. Maybe they fixed it now months later...I could not keep one of my mmorpg gaming buddies in AoA while I played it. Now most games have a huge surge of people in closed beta and then whittle down to about 25% of the that crowd in open. For AoA not sure how many played, but if 25% was 30 or so constant players then someone dropped the ball somewhere. AoA in the us/eu region will never be booming with players under its current management. As time goes by and more mmorpgs spring up the remaining players that game has will slowly jump ship.... The one main thing that will always keep AoA down is that unless you commit yourself to making 20+ accounts to farm recons everyday in the same dungeons you will never be able to fight with the veterans. Not to mention using the item mall...Heard they finally did a small cut to the shop prices.....lol... In closing Snail isn't that bad a company when it comes to their other games. But, the red headed stepchild they left in charge possibly killed AoA.

• ZorvanZorvan Member CommonPosts: 8,912

When I said that language is a means for people to communicate the intended meaning was that you shouldn't knock people for trying. (Even if you think that they haven't)
    No, you shouldn't knock somebody because they don't speak/read/write good english as a person. But you should knock people trying to market something without developing it in terms of the intended market. I don't knock the devs or whoever for not knowing english. I knock the devs for not having the sense to hire someone who does to translate.
    What I found/and find superficial is how people don't want to experiment in a beta--If you understand everything before you play a game, why play it?
    Not understanding something because it's complex and thus leaving is a superficial reason ( I see many new people leave Anarchy Online all the time because of this, and it's laughable ).
    However, not understanding anything because it's unreadable is faulty game making/publishing.
    Another thing that you may or may not have known is the the source-code for AoA is written in Chinese AOA--meaning that it may be very hard to change some parts of the game. (Just a Thought)
    Then they should have waited until they had it done, or left it in the asian market. It's not rocket science to figure that out.
    Overall, I think AOA deserves about a 5-7, but it's probably the lack of English that keeps it at a low morale.
    A score of 5 would make the game "average". An average game at least has readable and understandable text. So my score would be no higher than a 3 when it comes to a game marketed to North America. And I agree, the lack of english is a fundamental reason it has a low score.
    I mean, I could handle if it just had a few bugs, which could be reported and fixed. But if you can't even tell what something is supposed to do, due to being unable to understand it because of garbled translating, how then do you tell if it's bugged or not?
    As has already been said, they accept money for this game. This means they have higher standards to live up to than a game in beta. Once you accept money, your game is released. Whether you think so or not. And for a released game to be in such shape is just ridiculous to support.

• HypergolicHypergolic Member Posts: 11

Snail Game has screwed themselves over and over again with this game.

They came into the market thinking that EU/NA gamers would accept a half finished product that requires reward-free(tm) grinding bordering on slave labor to advance your character.

Then they opened the overpriced item mall and immediately screwed that up by binding all cash shop items so that stuff bought with real money was worthless and un-sellable in the game after you finished with it, oh boy what a smart move.  (this has been recently changed, but the damage is already done)

Let's get back to that reward-free(tm) grinding...

In Age of Armor there is really only one type of mission: Fedex collect missions for mob parts.

And that's it, nothing else to do except grind on mobs over and over and over and over and the mobs, including bosses, drop nothing but crap so getting a weapon at level 35+ is damn near impossible.

There are a couple of horribly laggy instance dungeons that you have to grind 25 million times to get your armor reconfiged but even in those you are lucky to get a half decent armor part once in a while and Snail Game in their infinite wisdom has made those dungeons a once a day affair so you end up having to make 20 accounts, like Kage said, just to do the dungeons over and over to try and keep up with those kids that never sleep or spend a ton of money.

The PvP aspect of the game is very broken because there are only two types of players that can compete:

Cash shop big spenders or the 3-4 people that have played since closed beta, no one else could possibly grind enough to catch up to their reconfigurations unless they spend a ridiculous amount of time in game or spend a ridiculous amount of cash in the item shop.

There is really nothing about Age of Armor that remains "fun" after the excitement of a mech game wears off, the game just becomes a repetitive grind with nothing to do except wash, rinse, repeat over and over and over.

The game has completely failed in the EU/NA market and Age of Armor is a ghost town after many months of service, a sure sign that they should close the lid on the coffin and bury it.

• HypergolicHypergolic Member Posts: 11

I'm not 14, I'm 18 and going off to College in the fall

I'd suggest you take some remedial reading and English classes this summer.

Your sentence structure, spelling, grammar, and continual misuse of words you obviously do not know the definition(s) of, make you appear much closer to 14 than 18.

• SylvahraSylvahra Member Posts: 1

I played for a long time.. And i quit due to bordum.. Game was horrid.  idk why ppl would evn play this game. for one community sucked, 2 the lag was terrible and 3 when they merged the servers.. that made it even worse.

• DavioDavio Member Posts: 56

I have an idea where your coming from now.  However, if caring for a game that is akin to being a Fan Boy, then I do concede to being a fanboy. I'm not 14, I'm 18 and going off to College in the fall
    Graphic and Interface wise I can see where your coming from-- a pretty polished game (and i'll be sure to check out the SD gundam capsule game.  To me, Age of Armor represents an untapped genre, therefore I'm trying my hardest to make it a viable option for everyone to play.
    My guides on the forums at bbs.aoaus.com are designed to replace the tutorials in-game and explain some of the more vague and complex parts of the game.  I also loan much of my time to helping players learn the game.  I can see what your saying from a new comers perspective, I've been playing Age of Armor for about a year now.  Closed Beta -AoA was an amazing experience.
    I do think, as well, that games like Guild Wars or World of Warcraft spoil players with their interface.  Cumulatively, to me it seemed that you hated the interface of AoA--which I found to be acceptable.
    Depending when I play I tend to see at least 10 players in the Recruit-bases.  Sundays Siege had 35 players total--That's a good sized fight.  Weekends are pretty populated and Deaht Match has returned to the game.
    basically, I've found a game that I've liked and I'm a helpful person who enjoys teaching others!  I'm happy to help most players if the seek me out.  What I would appreciate, as well, is if you could point out what you found as fun and entertaining.
    If I could criticize WoW for example; Though I hate Blue Elfs and Trolls, the dwellers of thy World Of Warcraft.  WoW has a developed community of various age groups, a polished interface, frequent updates and an active development team.
    However, the fantasy genre perturbs me, it has been capitualized since the 1980's in FF games and in all sorts of various RPG's.  I don't like the grind that begins from the first levels nor enjoy the medieval battle system, I do concede WOW is a good game worth a try for a good solid month.
    -Example
    If you *want* to please.  AoA seems like its getting a good amount of attention, and I'm working to make the *Big changes* happen as best as I can to make the game practical and fun for those who stay.  Little things come later for me-- I believe the system needs a lot of renovation as it is now.
    Renovation that i'm up for.
    Waiting for UC online!
    -GSt
    Well for starters, Who would spell "asking" wrong? basic word?, your grammar and spelling is pretty horrid

But I wont go against certain games that you love, everyone Is different I believe, in one way or the other. If this is the game that suite you best, go along with it, I have no against you for that. As for the rest of you, If you hate it, then you hate it.

But don't go around making such a big fuss about it to everyone else, and leave the kid alone.....

Oh and like I said earlier....unless you were typing fast....but anyway....everyone knows, that you should always spell check yourself before confirming thats its done with no errors.

Im sure they teach you that at school kiddos ^^

SoF Main:Lvl 90 Snowster/Order Sword
    9dragon Main:FC8 Munoo/Wu-tang Sword
    Silkroad Main:Lvl 75 DAGZ/Sword
    Rappelz Main:Lvl 50 Munoo/Kahuna/Jblvl 40

• ArmitigeArmitige Member Posts: 2
    Originally posted by Davio

I have an idea where your coming from now.  However, if caring for a game that is akin to being a Fan Boy, then I do concede to being a fanboy. I'm not 14, I'm 18 and going off to College in the fall
    Graphic and Interface wise I can see where your coming from-- a pretty polished game (and i'll be sure to check out the SD gundam capsule game.  To me, Age of Armor represents an untapped genre, therefore I'm trying my hardest to make it a viable option for everyone to play.
    My guides on the forums at bbs.aoaus.com are designed to replace the tutorials in-game and explain some of the more vague and complex parts of the game.  I also loan much of my time to helping players learn the game.  I can see what your saying from a new comers perspective, I've been playing Age of Armor for about a year now.  Closed Beta -AoA was an amazing experience.
    I do think, as well, that games like Guild Wars or World of Warcraft spoil players with their interface.  Cumulatively, to me it seemed that you hated the interface of AoA--which I found to be acceptable.
    Depending when I play I tend to see at least 10 players in the Recruit-bases.  Sundays Siege had 35 players total--That's a good sized fight.  Weekends are pretty populated and Deaht Match has returned to the game.
    basically, I've found a game that I've liked and I'm a helpful person who enjoys teaching others!  I'm happy to help most players if the seek me out.  What I would appreciate, as well, is if you could point out what you found as fun and entertaining.
    If I could criticize WoW for example; Though I hate Blue Elfs and Trolls, the dwellers of thy World Of Warcraft.  WoW has a developed community of various age groups, a polished interface, frequent updates and an active development team.
    However, the fantasy genre perturbs me, it has been capitualized since the 1980's in FF games and in all sorts of various RPG's.  I don't like the grind that begins from the first levels nor enjoy the medieval battle system, I do concede WOW is a good game worth a try for a good solid month.
    -Example
    If you *want* to please.  AoA seems like its getting a good amount of attention, and I'm working to make the *Big changes* happen as best as I can to make the game practical and fun for those who stay.  Little things come later for me-- I believe the system needs a lot of renovation as it is now.
    Waiting for UC online!
    -GSt
    Well for starters, Who would spell "asking" wrong? basic word?, your grammar and spelling is pretty horrid

But I wont go against certain games that you love, everyone Is different I believe, in one way or the other. If this is the game that suite you best, go along with it, I have no against you for that. As for the rest of you, If you hate it, then you hate it.

But don't go around making such a big fuss about it to everyone else, and leave the kid alone.....

Oh and like I said earlier....unless you were typing fast....but anyway....everyone knows, that you should always spell check yourself before confirming thats its done with no errors.

If you're going to be a grammar and spelling nazi, you should probably ensure your spelling and grammar are flawless. Also your grasp of the English language.

From dictionary.com

a⋅kin

   /??k?n/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [uh-kin] Show IPA Pronunciation

–adjective

1. of kin; related by blood (usually used predicatively): cousins who were too closely akin for marriage.

2. allied by nature; having the same properties: Something akin to vertigo was troubling her.

3. having or showing an affinity; kindred: They are emotionally but not intellectually akin.

You also use a capital letter after a comma, then a lower case letter after a question mark. Followed by a comma after a question mark, then fail to finish your last sentence of your first paragraph with a full stop (or period in some countries). Won't requires an inverted comma between the "n" and "t" because it's a contraction. You then proceed to needlessly capitalise the word "is" in the middle of a sentence. Then you mispell the, to quote you, "basic word" suit.

suit

–verb (used without object)

18. to be appropriate or suitable; accord.

19. to be satisfactory, agreeable, or acceptable.

suite

–noun

1. a number of things forming a series or set.

2. a connected series of rooms to be used together: a hotel suite.

3. a set of furniture, esp. a set comprising the basic furniture necessary for one room: a bedroom suite.

4. a company of followers or attendants; a train or retinue.

5. Music.

a. an ordered series of instrumental dances, in the same or related keys, commonly preceded by a prelude.

b. an ordered series of instrumental movements of any character.

6. Computers. a group of software programs sold as a unit and usually designed to work together.

There's a number of other errors in your post, but I won't go on. I think you'll get my point.

p.s you really shouldn't use multiple instances of the same punctuation...... <-----irony.

• DavioDavio Member Posts: 56
    Originally posted by Armitige

-Example
    Waiting for UC online!
    -GSt

If you're going to be a grammar and spelling nazi, you should probably ensure your spelling and grammar are flawless. Also your grasp of the English language.

From dictionary.com

a⋅kin

   /??k?n/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [uh-kin] Show IPA Pronunciation

–adjective

1. of kin; related by blood (usually used predicatively): cousins who were too closely akin for marriage.

2. allied by nature; having the same properties: Something akin to vertigo was troubling her.

3. having or showing an affinity; kindred: They are emotionally but not intellectually akin.

You also use a capital letter after a comma, then a lower case letter after a question mark. Followed by a comma after a question mark, then fail to finish your last sentence of your first paragraph with a full stop (or period in some countries). Won't requires an inverted comma between the "n" and "t" because it's a contraction. You then proceed to needlessly capitalise the word "is" in the middle of a sentence. Then you mispell the, to quote you, "basic word" suit.

suit

–verb (used without object)

18. to be appropriate or suitable; accord.

19. to be satisfactory, agreeable, or acceptable.

suite

–noun

1. a number of things forming a series or set.

2. a connected series of rooms to be used together: a hotel suite.

3. a set of furniture, esp. a set comprising the basic furniture necessary for one room: a bedroom suite.

4. a company of followers or attendants; a train or retinue.

5. Music.

a. an ordered series of instrumental dances, in the same or related keys, commonly preceded by a prelude.

b. an ordered series of instrumental movements of any character.

6. Computers. a group of software programs sold as a unit and usually designed to work together.

There's a number of other errors in your post, but I won't go on. I think you'll get my point.

p.s you really shouldn't use multiple instances of the same punctuation...... <-----irony.

Oh nice nice, I can see where you're going with this, but I must say the only errors I see in my speech, is when I said "But I wont go against" and "I have no against". Don't know about you kiddo, strange thing is I graduated from Yale university writing essays like that, guess you could say, everyone has there ways of expressing their thoughts or feelings through a piece of paper and pencil.

P.S I wonder if you even understand anything that you copied and pasted from dictionary.com unto here, Haha, there's nothing wrong with using multiple instances of the same punctuation marks in a sentence, phrase and/or essay. It looks great on a high/college paper, the reader can see and feel what you see and feel ^^

SoF Main:Lvl 90 Snowster/Order Sword
    9dragon Main:FC8 Munoo/Wu-tang Sword
    Silkroad Main:Lvl 75 DAGZ/Sword
    Rappelz Main:Lvl 50 Munoo/Kahuna/Jblvl 40

• ArmitigeArmitige Member Posts: 2

Keep proving me right by posting drivel Davio.

• TakaiTTakaiT Member Posts: 24

I'm glad everyone is still talking about Age of Armor here.

Anyway, I know this is kinda old, but I figured I'd give my two cents anyway. For me, Age of Armor was pretty fun at first. As time passed on, it seemed like the only real way to gain exp was for me to do Exotic Planet runs with a canister weapon. Fighting monsters one at a time would have taken forever. Even ignoring all the other problems with the game (such as the bad english), AoA just eventually turned into a grinder just like many other F2P MMOs.

In conclusion. Age of Armor isn't as god-awful as many people say it is, but it still isn't very good. It had some pretty good potential, and it is a pretty unique game, but it doesn't seem to be going anywhere fast.

Currently on a quest to try every free-to-play MMORPG. Okay, maybe not every single one, but most of them.

• gstlagstla Member Posts: 57

Age of armor is not worth playing.  I haven't touched it for Months, I uninstalled it and deleted everything.  It's an utter waste of time.  All of the PVP content is basically P2P (Whoever P2P the most Wins).

The PvE turns into a limitless grinder.  There's no point in touching this game.  It's fun for a week at most, and it had a lot of potential, but Snailgame failed to live up to it.

• GewbenGewben Member Posts: 11

umm, I dont think Age of Armor is rly bad game, I like the weapon system, also I like transformer in game, but the game sound is so bad

• julez79julez79 Member Posts: 19

Oh nice nice, I can see where you're going with this, but I must say the only errors I see in my speech, is when I said "But I wont go against" and "I have no against". Don't know about you kiddo, strange thing is I graduated from Yale university writing essays like that, guess you could say, everyone has there ways of expressing their thoughts or feelings through a piece of paper and pencil.
    P.S I wonder if you even understand anything that you copied and pasted from dictionary.com unto here, Haha, there's nothing wrong with using multiple instances of the same punctuation marks in a sentence, phrase and/or essay. It looks great on a high/college paper, the reader can see and feel what you see and feel ^^

He/she seems to understands their meanings quite well. You make more basic errors in your most recent post, including misplaced punctuation, capital letters after a comma, using "there" instead of "their", and so forth. Also, consider reading up on use of the ellipsis.

I went to university too, and I can assure you that graduating says exactly ZERO about your knowledge of English. It's amazing how easy it is to graduate with barely adequate literacy. The point is you do not have a basis to criticize others for their use of the language when yours appears to be no better.

--------------------------
    JULIE xx

• VikeyevVikeyev Member Posts: 12
    Originally posted by julez79

He/she seems to understands their meanings quite well. You make more basic errors in your most recent post, including misplaced punctuation, capital letters after a comma, using "there" instead of "their", and so forth. Also, consider reading up on use of the ellipsis.

I went to university too, and I can assure you that graduating says exactly ZERO about your knowledge of English. It's amazing how easy it is to graduate with barely adequate literacy. The point is you do not have a basis to criticize others for their use of the language when yours appears to be no better.

I dont wanna be rude tho.

But this isnt a english class.

Cant expect ppl who dont live in england to type perfect english.

As for myself yes i do make mistakes pretty much.

Home is where the Heart is.

• GewbenGewben Member Posts: 11

lol, age of armor 2 will come to US :)

This discussion has been closed.