Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

soo...dev chat

TheGreyManTheGreyMan Member Posts: 325

what happend? i missed it....anything good...

Comments

• MisiuMisiu Member UncommonPosts: 43

I thought it was pretty good myself.  But as always they never give out that much in the way of specifics.   I had to leave before it was over.  But the big things I took away from it were.

1) Healing.  They are going to look into making it more then complete heal chain casting,

2) There will be another progression server it looks like.

3) plans to upgrade char models.

4) Intiative to get old players to come back. (not much info on this one but it seems they are going to make catching up to your buddys a better experience)

There was quite a bit more but my brain seems to have locked up do to this confrence call im on, so I cant remember the rest... someone else can fill in the gaps.

Misiu

• TheGreyManTheGreyMan Member Posts: 325
    Originally posted by Misiu

I thought it was pretty good myself.  But as always they never give out that much in the way of specifics.   I had to leave before it was over.  But the big things I took away from it were.

1) Healing.  They are going to look into making it more then complete heal chain casting,
    2) There will be another progression server it looks like.
    3) plans to upgrade char models.
    4) Intiative to get old players to come back. (not much info on this one but it seems they are going to make catching up to your buddys a better experience)
    There was quite a bit more but my brain seems to have locked up do to this confrence call im on, so I cant remember the rest... someone else can fill in the gaps.

Misiu

thanks for this. sound sweet...would love to come back to this game....so there will be a new server? sweet :)

Thats the impression I got.  But no timeline on it.   They have more or less maxed out the progression server now. 

thx :) what did they say about the model update? anything intresting....with they update the landscape?

In general they have been upgrading the zones slowly.  I know the Dark elf starting zone and a few others have already had a complete overhaul.. Look good too.  I think GUK, freeport,  might have had an overhaul. 

Its been a while since I logged in.  But there are just so many zones in EQ that its not going to happen quickly and I dont think they have posted any kind of timeline on it.

As for the model updates.   No real timeline on that either but I think they are currently working on the human models

MIsiu

• pencilrickpencilrick Member Posts: 1,550

Progression server isn't good enough; many of us want a classic server.  And watering down the death penalty and/or making levelling go faster to "catch up to buddies" isn't good either.

If I wanted to play an easy levelling/solo questing game, I'd play WOW.   Many of us want classic EQ with all its difficulties and challenges.

Never thought I'd say this, but if Sony won't provide at least one Classic server, then maybe it's time to look online for an emulated server that recaptures the glory of early EQ.  After five years of waiting, it doesn't look like Sony is going to deliver to the customer.

I am one of thouse that wants a classic server.  Or at least up to velious.

But no matter how much maddoc has tried to appeal to everyone on the progression servers.  Sony is still a company.  I truly dont belive that a classic server would generate enough intrest to have a whole server to its self .  Or at least enough intrest in the long run. People would show up play a bit and then once they had done everything they would leave again and sony would be stuck with a server that they couldnt even merge.

Now one thing they have been talking about is changing the requierments for the progression server.   Increasing the time between unlocks,  Or what events you have to complete to unlock the next server.  Is it a perfect solution?? no... but.. It would allow you to enjoy the classic areas longer.

On a side note if your looking for a new classic experience you might want to try one of the bigger emulators some of them are quite impressive.  PM me if your interested I wont post about it.

Misiu

they have been hinting of a classic server for years...yet we still have nothing....

/shrug I dont see classic eq server happening.  It would be nice but the man hours vs reward just does not seem to match up.

• pencilrickpencilrick Member Posts: 1,550
    Originally posted by Misiu

/shrug I dont see classic eq server happening.  It would be nice but the man hours vs reward just does not seem to match up.

All a classic server would have to be is a progression server with only the first three or four expansions unlockable.

• BuzWeaverBuzWeaver Member UncommonPosts: 978

This should make it easier:

Dev Chat

The Old Timers Guild
    Laid back, not so serious, no drama.
    All about the fun!

www.oldtimersguild.com
    An opinion should be the result of thought, not a substitute for it. - Jef Mallett