Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Character Models

JBO1JBO1 Member Posts: 277

A little whilw back I commented on how the characters looked to shiney and perfect...like a plastic surgry character. Some people agreed and said they were working on the models. Are their any recent pictures of the new models out? I have been reading in some of the posts that they have made better models and I was curious to see what they look like now? Can someone post some pictures if you got them or a web link. Please and thank you. ::::02::

Comments

• noobletnooblet Member Posts: 2,274

Poll

imageimage

EQ2 Qeynos Guild- http://www.imperium-arcanum.com

• dsorrentdsorrent Member CommonPosts: 1,627

Originally posted by nooblet

imageimage

Where did you get this pic from??  I thought there was not going to be any PvP at release?  How is this guy attacking is father???

• hapwnedhapwned Member Posts: 221

Nope, still looks all pasty. You think with all the hype about the graphics that the graphics would actually live up to the hype.

--Ha, Pwned--
    Pvp = godliness

--Ha, Pwned--
    Pvp = godliness
    Playing: WoW
    Waiting on: Gods and Heroes

• AciDicEdicTAciDicEdicT Member UncommonPosts: 156

YOURE RIGHT! lets get REAL people in the game so we can control them! NO they might look pasty!

"Stare at the Sun im bored..."

Desolation

Actually those pics were a bad example. Here is what the game will ACTUALLY look like when ur playing it.

imageimage

• KunarickKunarick Member Posts: 348

If you think

image image

Is plasticy....you need to get your eyes checked. imageimageimageimageimageimageimage

-----------------------------
    The True Oracle of all that is EverQuest!!

-----------------------------
    "You sir, are a moron"

• hapwnedhapwned Member Posts: 221

The monsters are detailed, and there's nothing in real life to compare them to, so you just have to imagine that that's what they could possibly look like. You can't offer huge high rez screenshots of monsters and claim that the game will look like that. With the screenshots of actually game interface, that looks pretty much like a cross between WoW and EQ1. I don't see the super graphics here, guys. Seriously. The last screenshot looked like some tech college kid in the 3d arts departments final project. That doesnt look professional at all.

Heck, Doom3 on low rez looks better than this crap.

--Ha, Pwned--
    Pvp = godliness

--Ha, Pwned--
    Pvp = godliness
    Playing: WoW
    Waiting on: Gods and Heroes

• JBO1JBO1 Member Posts: 277

Originally posted by AciDicEdicT
    YOURE RIGHT! lets get REAL people in the game so we can control them! NO they might look pasty!image

I wasn't trying to insult really, just looking for some new close ups of characters to see how they have improved on them...really.

• BlackMoonBlackMoon Member Posts: 177

Originally posted by hapwned

The monsters are detailed, and there's nothing in real life to compare them to, so you just have to imagine that that's what they could possibly look like. You can't offer huge high rez screenshots of monsters and claim that the game will look like that. With the screenshots of actually game interface, that looks pretty much like a cross between WoW and EQ1. I don't see the super graphics here, guys. Seriously. The last screenshot looked like some tech college kid in the 3d arts departments final project. That doesnt look professional at all.
    --Ha, Pwned--
    Pvp = godliness

Ahh... the wonderful world of differing opinions. :) Arguing is a lost cause around here, I don't think anybody can really win (or be right). For instance, personally I don't think they ever looked bad. I wouldn't dare call them plastic, and they are still great. I also think the overall graphics which we have seen are the best I have ever seen in an online game. Period.

Oh well... ;)

• carebearcarebear Member Posts: 188

Originally posted by BlackMoon
    --Ha, Pwned--Pvp = godliness
    Ahh... the wonderful world of differing opinions. :) Arguing is a lost cause around here, I don't think anybody can really win (or be right). For instance, personally I don't think they ever looked bad. I wouldn't dare call them plastic, and they are still great. I also think the overall graphics which we have seen are the best I have ever seen in an online game. Period.
    Oh well... ;)

Ah, I disagree. Ryzom has EQ beat. Proof you say?

http://www.ryzom.com/downloads/movies/teasers/

::::02::

Carebear, the Friendlist Gamer Alive!

Carebear
    *WoW = Level 60 Priest*
    *EQ2 = Level 25 Druid*

• Ken`ShieroKen`Shiero Member Posts: 289

Show some pics of things dead i wanna see how someone looks when they are deceased .null

Originally posted by carebear
    Originally posted by BlackMoon
    --Ha, Pwned--Pvp = godliness
    Oh well... ;)

Ah, I disagree. Ryzom has EQ beat. Proof you say?

http://www.ryzom.com/downloads/movies/teasers/

::::02::

Carebear, the Friendlist Gamer Alive!

Oh yeah your totally right , Ryzoms graphics are wayyy better then EQ2 yeah for sure (sarcasm)

And those are better looking how??? looks like a slightly improved shadowbane

::::07::

imageimage

Now lets compare it to EQ2

Yeah your right , Ryzoms are definetly ALOT better -(insert sarcasm here)-

imageimage

• OminisOminis Member Posts: 1,015

--Ha, Pwned--
    Pvp = godliness

Did you just compare Doom 3 to EQ2? There is no point to try and compare the graphics of MMORPG to any FPS, Adventure, etc... Each genre has completely different needs and trying to make a gigantic MMORPG world as detailed as Doom 3, Far Cry, or Half-Life 2 would take years. When people say that it has crazy graphics they are usually refering to other MMORPG games. It is pretty much a video game standard that you will find better graphics in a FPS, Action, or whatever game then in a MMORPG.

Besides, considering how much information that is being used in a MMORPG you would just lag like crazy no matter what your rig is. Try playing EQII with Doom 3 graphics in the middle of Freeport or Qeynos and time how long it takes for your computer to explode.

Currently:
    Alpha: Guild Wars
    Beta: AO: Alien Invasion
    Playing: City of Heroes
    Interested: WOW & EQII (yeah, both... deal with it)

Currently:
    Playing: WOW & GW

• DrakaeonDrakaeon Member Posts: 630

Ominis ::::28::

Anyways, Everquest II's graphics pumped to max settings (Impossible at the moment) will be better than Doom 3's graphics.

By the way, the two are, in my opinion, about tied right now. Doom 3 is probably a little better.

• Amari_Amari_ Member Posts: 22

Where are you good graphics? crappy imo.

Not very many graphics cards are going to run this game on the settings shown in screenshots etc. Probably will not look nearly as good played.

• |MaguS||MaguS| Member Posts: 317
    The game looks better then the screenshots make it out to be and you really don't need the newest Graphics Card, You can run it pretty dam well on a Radeon 9800pro 128MB.

%43%75%72%72%65%6E%74%6C%79%20%42%65%74%61%20%54%65%73%74%69%6E%67%20%45%76%65%72%71%75%65%73%74%20%32%2E

• ThoemseThoemse Member UncommonPosts: 457

Originally posted by Amari_
    Where are you good graphics? crappy imo.Not very many graphics cards are going to run this game on the settings shown in screenshots etc. Probably will not look nearly as good played.
    I juts got my x800 XT PE. It better look good on that card. ::::40::
    Btw: I think the models look fine. especially that lizardman pic looks AWESOME. Somehow i think it was edited by the devs though. I don't think it will be that high res textures since i can't find them on any other screenshots.

Wasn't edited.

%43%75%72%72%65%6E%74%6C%79%20%42%65%74%61%20%54%65%73%74%69%6E%67%20%45%76%65%72%71%75%65%73%74%20%32%2E

• LugnardLugnard Member Posts: 474

Ummmm no. Don't even joke around saying EQ2 will have better graphics than Doom 3...

I don't think there comparable since they both are trying to achieve a different look. EQ2 contains massive enviroments and something called... light. Doom 3 is almost completly dark and is in small corridors. If I had too choose though, I would say EQ2 was better because of what its doing.

I couldn't imagine the Doom 3 engine doing such large outdoor enviroments that the EQ2 Engine is capable of. But then again, I can't imagine the texture resolution in EQ2 that the Doom 3 is capable of due to the amount of lag that would happen due to the graphics quality when 10 people are on screen (ever notice how many monsters are never on screen at the same time...).

• dsorrentdsorrent Member CommonPosts: 1,627

Originally posted by Lugnard

Ummmm no. Don't even joke around saying EQ2 will have better graphics than Doom 3...

I think both Doom 3 and EQ2 both have superior graphics HOWEVER, this pic that you show to represent DOOM 3's capabilities seriously looks like a paint by number.  I think in comparing the DOOM 3 representations to the EQ 2 representations in this thread, EQ 2 definitely looks more "life like" where as the Doom 3 ones look more comic book like.
  • OminisOminis Member Posts: 1,015

Uh, I never said that EQII has superior graphics to Doom 3. I have no doubt about how that contest would end. What I was saying is that EQII and Doom 3 are completely different things. I don't know why you would compare a cramp, dark, spooky space station to a massive, open medieval city. They have nothing in common and require completely different perquisites to work.

Currently:
    Alpha: Guild Wars
    Beta: AO: Alien Invasion
    Playing: City of Heroes
    Interested: WOW & EQII (yeah, both... deal with it)

Currently:
    Playing: WOW & GW