Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Wow! It's a POSITIVE FFXI Thread!

ChronicRickChronicRick Member Posts: 569

It is truly amazing how a genuinely fun game can receive such hate and flames. Why? Perhaps too much hype.. Maybe because there ARE better games out there. Maybe the standard of MMORPG's is leveling by the hour and parties that just waltz into your lap. I see a game that has all the basic elements of an MMORPG along with truly fun gameplay and the Final Fantasy style. From reading the comments in previous threads I'd say that most people think FFXI is too hard. I can't contribute it to one thing I guess. Ask yourself this: "Why are most of the threads in the FFXI General Discussion section nothing but flames while other much worse games are actually talking about the gameplay and neat features-etc.?" It doesn't make much sense to me. image 

I figure I better put something positive in this post, so "FFXI is kool!".

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Comments

• MistiMisti Member Posts: 724

Its an odd thing but I think its often the most popular games that get the most "hate posts".  Its the same thing that happened with EQ and some others.

Maybe its because a much wider audiance tried the game so you have more people fired up and wanting to express their opinion over everyone elses. 

In general people seem to let their feelings for a mmorpg get the best of them and they post some really crappy/inflamatory stuff when they would probably get their idea across a lot better by simply talking about the game features calmly and what they did and did not like.

I personally didnt really care for FFXI but having played it for 3 months before deciding to quit, I definately can see where many people would love the game.

As is the case with most mmorpgs it comes down to taste and the more options we have the better.  Calling every game but the one we each pick and play crap doesnt help us or the community in any way I can imagine.

• ramadinramadin Member Posts: 1,304

LOL Rick.

City of Hero's Characters:
    - Black Samurai - Mezmo Man - Flare -

-----------------Censored------------------

• ChronicRickChronicRick Member Posts: 569
    You could certainly find better games (or just different) than FFXI. But it doesn't have the FFXI style!!

• k11keeperk11keeper Member UncommonPosts: 1,048

I agree Rick even if another game is fun or better then FFXI it's still not a FF game so it loses no matter how fun or good it is. I just love FF's gamestyle and being able to play online with so many other people is one of the things I truly love about it. Although I still have trouble finding time to play it with my new job's schedule and only being able to play for maybe 2 hrs a few nights a week just isn't enough to get anywhere in this game but I still love it.

• Libion27Libion27 Member Posts: 20
    Yeah im down with you Rick!! I LOVE THIS GAME!! and i dont care what Ram says hes just mad cause everyone plays FFXI instead of Eq LOL!

RamAss

RamAss

• ZordhasZordhas Member Posts: 40
    As I could see through the boards, people seem to flame this game like its a shame to simply think of playing it. Dude, this game has so many things to do, and of course has some bad points too, but look around, you can find many worse ones! ^^;

If you see me walking towards you, be at guard. If you also see my Blade, you should concider fleeing.

Wow, this popcorn looks good! I think I'll eat it!

Yeah there are many worse ones but some people are maybe ticked that FFXI is ruling the market!! But this game has everything that i like about an MMORPG and the FF series so im really happy about that!!

I am the King of Crunkimage

RamAss

RamAss

Originally posted by Libion27
    Yeah im down with you Rick!! I LOVE THIS GAME!! and i dont care what Ram says hes just mad cause everyone plays FFXI instead of Eq LOL!

RamAss

BAHAHAHAHA Rick quit FFXI and said he was sorry he didnt listen to me lolololol.  Dont worry you will too.  Dont say I didnt warn ya.

Lying in bed, looking up at the stars, a single thought passed through my head. Where the fuc|{ is my roof.

• ZordhasZordhas Member Posts: 40

Originally posted by ramadin

lolololol. 

*pukes*

what is it? laugh out loud of laughter over lau.. whatever man

If you see me walking towards you, be at guard. If you also see my Blade, you should concider fleeing.

Wow, this popcorn looks good! I think I'll eat it!

Ramadin dude i dont care if im wasting money its a GAME THAT I LIKE AND ENJOY AND QUIT TRYING TO BE ALL COOL AND BE LIKE OH THIS GAME IS GAY DUDE WE HEARD FROM YOU SO MANY TIMES SO can you like go tell it TO SE or something cause im tired of you FLAMING ON EVERYGAME THAT AINT EVERQUEST!

RamAss

RamAss

Originally posted by Libion27
    Ramadin dude i dont care if im wasting money its a GAME THAT I LIKE AND ENJOY AND QUIT TRYING TO BE ALL COOL AND BE LIKE OH THIS GAME IS GAY DUDE WE HEARD FROM YOU SO MANY TIMES SO can you like go tell it TO SE or something cause im tired of you FLAMING ON EVERYGAME THAT AINT EVERQUEST!

RamAss

I flame every game thats not EQ???  Like what for example?  Good luck finding one.  BTW I dont even play EQ, but yes EQ is a much better game.

Lying in bed, looking up at the stars, a single thought passed through my head. Where the fuc|{ is my roof.