Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

CBT 3 Information Q&A

IceAgeIceAge Member EpicPosts: 3,118

Answers are given by the Aion Development/NCsoft Studio 5 team and originally posted on Korean sites.

Q: What is the focus of CBT3? Will characters and other information from CBT2 be deleted?

A: The focus will be on the Abyss, thus CBT2 data will not be deleted.

Q: Is the Abyss completed?

A: It is completed and will be revealed during CBT3. There will be testing of the details of the timed portals (rifts) also.

Q: Will new areas be unveiled?

A: Yes, several, including previously seen areas that were revealed in 2006. However these areas have been heavily altered and look vastly different from their original looks then.

Q: Many players are concerned that there is lack of content in the game. How will this be addressed?

A: The information released thus far is not the full content of the game. The areas released are only those requiring testing. There will be more content for players to experience when the game is officially released.

Also, the two new areas and the single Abyss area to be released in CBT3 contain a large number of quests and content, allowing players level 34 or more to be challenged, hence this should not be a problem.

Q: What is the reason why Asmodeans level faster than Elyos?

A: As stated in a previous interview, Asmodeans level fast in early game but after mid-game will face harder leveling. There will be penalties when attacking mobs with a significant level difference and lastly, the time required for both races to reach level 50 will be the same.

However, due to players' interests, the Elyos population is almost sure to be larger. Fewer leveling grounds and other reasons will cause players to feel that they are leveling more slowly.

Some people will think 'Since Asmodeans level faster, they will possess better skills more quickly and be able to complete higher level quests with better rewards. Wouldn't that mean they will reach the level cap faster than the Elyos?' However, Aion is not a game with quests at its core (the Abyss is core). The Asmodean population will be relatively smaller, with the same amount of experience required to gain levels, the time both races will take to reach the level cap will be the same.

Q: What is the lowest hardware specification for the best effects?

A: We hope that a GeForce 5700 series card or equivalent will be sufficient to play.

Q: What is the significance of the main quest?

A: The main quest serves to allow players to fully experience the world of Aion and its storyline via quests, as well as the special background stories and history of each locale.

Q: Regarding the time limit on aerial combat, how are you considering it?

A: We consider aerial combat as a type of battle skill used to aid in normal battle, hence there is a time limit to it. There will not be unlimited aerial battles, and there are no plans to have an arena for unlimited aerial battles.

Q: How are you handling the differences between the Elyos and Asmodeans?

A: As character levels increase, they will learn race specific skills. Thus, despite being the same class, depending on the difference in skills, players will get a different experience in combat.

Q: What is the usefulness of Abyss points?

A: They will be able to be used to purchase items in the future and when players gain higher levels, they can use these points to purchase special skills.

Q: Why is the one revealed Abyss zone divided into three areas? What is the difference between these areas?

A: The difficulty level in these areas is not significant, the main difference lies in their content, with some with more PvE content and others with more Fortress content.

Currently, characters of level 25 or more may enter the Abyss. The area is a large mixed PvP and PvE hunting ground. As players need to handle threats from all angles, the difficulty level is expected to be harder than one imagines but the rewards for hunting here are higher as well.

Q: How does one enter the Abyss?

A: There are teleport points for every Fortress in the Abyss as planned. Once the Fortress is conquered, there can be new teleport points opened from normal areas into the Abyss.

Q: Where does the crafting system stand now?

A: The crafting system will unveil its abilities as character levels increase, like all the other systems. There are areas where players will excel in at each level.

For example, the basic food from the cooking system may not help with leveling at lower levels but as levels increase, the complicated food will help characters significantly with increasing their abilities.

Q: How is the planned balancing being carried out?

A: Few games are able to fully balance all their classes, WoW is no exception. The main focus now is to ensure that all classes will be able to play smoothly throughout the game. Corrections will continuously be carried out and complete balancing is only expected during the official open beta.

The DP system is not meant for a one-hit kill during PvP but is to allow stronger and cooler attacks when dealing with mobs.

Q: The planned changes for each class are?

A: - Ranger: Will not be weakened. Skills to be maintained but changes will be done in terms of damage and negative effects able to be done on other classes.

- Assassin: Improvement to be done on PvP as there is little performance of the class during PvP

- Cleric/Chanter: Improved attack abilities, allowing for soloing. Attack damage and skills are to be added.

- Spiritmaster: Compared to increasing their nuking ability, we will be increasing their reliance on their summons.

- Templar/Gladiator: As previously stated, a skill to allow for instantenously increasing speed will be added, for increased battle ability in PvP and PvE.

All classes will be adjusted on as appropriate and will not be weakened as much as possible. Plans are to increase the number of skills to reach a balance rather than removing current skills.

Q: When is the next CBT trial?

A: It is estimated that CBT3 will start in late June/early July. We are still in the midst of preparing various game features.

Sources:

¾ÆÀÌ¿ÂÁ¶¼±

Taken from AionSource.com .

---

Now it's seems that those are some great news. You will be able to run the game with a video card like GeForce 5700 series? That's nice. Also the Abyss is all complete , good job NcSoft :)

Enjoy!

Reporter: What's behind Blizzard success, and how do you make your gamers happy?
Blizzard Boss: Making gamers happy is not my concern, making money.. yes!

Comments

• dakota123dakota123 Member Posts: 93

i love all the information they give

• EphimeroEphimero Member Posts: 1,860

on the 4th question, content there means zones, there were some complains about that in CBT2 cause devs couldn't finish 2 of the areas for level 30ish.

• lyankyjlyankyj Member Posts: 63

Also the Abyss is all complete , good job NcSoft :)

Yeah, all the three layers of it..... what, we expected like 9 layers?

Im not quite sure 3 layers could offer enough  endgame activity for a long time, but well, who knows.

I remember theyve said how enourmous size Abyss will have,  i just cant imagine this 3 layers could fill all that role.

We'll see, we'll see,  im a bit worried though.

• twistedvenomtwistedvenom Member Posts: 118

thanks for the info

• suu141suu141 Member Posts: 249

Originally posted by lyankyj

Also the Abyss is all complete , good job NcSoft :)

Yeah, all the three layers of it..... what, we expected like 9 layers?

Im not quite sure 3 layers could offer enough  endgame activity for a long time, but well, who knows.

I remember theyve said how enourmous size Abyss will have,  i just cant imagine this 3 layers could fill all that role.

We'll see, we'll see,  im a bit worried though.

The Abyss is divided into 9 sections, each section has 3 or so layers with at least one layer consisting a castle and another layer with nothing but random mobs running around with a possible dungeon. They only opened 1 section(3 layers) to concentrate all testers into one area.

"When you're born you're naked, when you die you're naked again, and in-between all we do is work, eat, and play MMOs." ~Forum Warrior #141

• lyankyjlyankyj Member Posts: 63

Can you please give me any official source on that?

Ive read the pre-cbt1 interviews about  the 9 sections (devs couldnt describe how big Abyss will be), then in April they released the pictures of the 3 Abyss maps (the same ones which were presented on G*07 on concept arts).  Jameinkaiser translated that one (Analyzing Abyss), it didnt mention a thing about 9 sections. In fact, they never mentioned the 'magic number 9' again since cbt1.

Maybe I missed some official comment or whatnot, but i got the feel we only have this 3 sections for release, and they will add possible layers later on, many months after launch.

Abyss test will be in stage 3. I dont think there will be more testing stages for every section of the Abyss, so unless they surprise us and pack all 9 sections into this test, there wont be more sections than that 3 :(

• foreweerforeweer Member Posts: 31

Thank you.Good post

• MarkJWMarkJW ColumnistMember Posts: 226

I'd really appreciate it if you'd post where you got the info at the top of the article instead of at the bottom. ;)

Anyhow, source is AionSource.com in case anyone missed that in the fine print. :D

Guess I'm going to have to start coming here right after I post news on AionSource.com and reposting it before someone else does, lol. :p

• ElliasEllias Member Posts: 52

Q: What is the lowest hardware specification for the best effects?

A: We hope that a GeForce 5700 series card or equivalent will be sufficient to play.

I'm actually quite impressed with this statement. I myself run a fairly good gaming rig, but statements like this make me feel like they are putting in the time to optimize the game the best they can.

• IceAgeIceAge Member EpicPosts: 3,118

Originally posted by MarkJW

I'd really appreciate it if you'd post where you got the info at the top of the article instead of at the bottom. ;)
    Anyhow, source is AionSource.com in case anyone missed that in the fine print. :D
    Guess I'm going to have to start coming here right after I post news on AionSource.com and reposting it before someone else does, lol. :p
    Well , as far as I know , the source must be put at the end of the article , as you put it on Aionsource that you toke it from .. that korean website and I am pretty sure that nobody has missed the line where it's saying "Taken from AionSource.com"  .

Hence , you are welcome to post here news from AionSource as soon as you post them there :)

Keep up the good job.

Reporter: What's behind Blizzard success, and how do you make your gamers happy?
    Blizzard Boss: Making gamers happy is not my concern, making money.. yes!