Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The phrase that makes me unleash an ass-whooping...

And the phrase that wins is:

Get a life.

I am breathing. Shut up.

Doesn't matter what people do. They can play games 20 hours a day, that is their life. They don't need to conform and get a "life." Everytime someone says that I either kick their ass, or ask them to definite a "life." I usually get something like, "Well, you know... it's like, you know... doing stuff." Oh thanks, Captain Noshit. If someone wants to play games in all their free time, if they want to study in their free time, or if they want to hang out with their friends in all their time, they have a life. You can't tell them to get one for the mere reason of it being im-freaking-possible.

Comments

• numaticnumatic Member UncommonPosts: 670

As long as they are supporting themselves, They can play games as much as they like. But if they are sitting at home all day long(and are at least 18) playing video games and not contributing to there own welfare by living off there parents pity for them, then they really need to get a life.

My idea is this. I guess you can consider me anti social. I have had my fill of drugs, parties, clubs, and skanky girls. It's just unappealing to me anymore. I have seen some of the lowest forms of human interaction and this is why I prefer to be "antisocial". After working, il come home, play some games etc.. I may go out now and again, but the basic jist is, I hate people. They are stupid, crude, idiotic, immature, and snotty. 9 out of 10 people I meet, i end up wanting to beat this piss out of them because of how childish they act. Some may say Im more mature for my age, I say, the ones my age just arent acting mature enough.

the moment you become an adult you need to take responsability for yourself. If you can't even take care of yourself, you need a swift kick in the azz like I did when I was playing MMO's so much I rarely left my room.

• DrakaeonDrakaeon Member Posts: 630

Yay for numatic. I agree with you completely except when you say that the person has to "get a life." That isn't a phrase. You can say that you think the life he is living is sad and you recommend he change it. But you can't say "get a life" because you have one, and to get a "new" one is impossible. However, to alter the one you have is sometimes real easy.

• XzaroXzaro Member UncommonPosts: 1,719

And I hate it even more when a person that plays his computer 20 hours a day, tells a person to "get a life" on the internet and acts tough. It's just so stupid that it's funny.

You could play as an indian or human

• TorxTorx Member UncommonPosts: 205
    get a life.....  *pushs up glasses*

MMORPG's I Have Played:
    Lineage 2 - 38 Orc Monk
    Saga of Ryzom

---------------------------Desolation Guild WebSite-----------------------------

System Specifications:
    Coolermaster Haf932 Full tower Case
    2x 2 Tb Hard Drives

• rathmarathma Member UncommonPosts: 3,786

Originally posted by numatic

9 out of 10 people I meet, i end up wanting to beat this piss out of them because of how childish they act

You are being much too considerate. It's more like 1 in 100. When i find someone that is intelligent, easy going, and funny.. I hold onto them like grim death. Because chances are for every 1 person that is reasonable i meet, there are 200 jackasses waiting to piss me off.

http://www.OriginNow.com - Official Fanboi

EverQuest II : Level 20 Paladin - Antonia Bayle Server
  • UmbroodUmbrood Member UncommonPosts: 1,809

Worst phrase is:

"can i have your stuff"

In whatever context it is used but usually to tell someone to leave the game.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Originally posted by Jerek_

I wonder if you honestly even believe what you type, or if you live in a made up world of facts.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• FinweFinwe Member CommonPosts: 3,106

Anyone who asks what the term get a life means, and really doesnt know, needs to get out more, now if they do know, whats the point of being a smart-ass? Its short-term for social life.

Get a life=Short term for, "Get a social life you nerd. Go find some friends. Get a girl. Quit being a loser."

Anyone who stays at the computer for the majority of their day, every day, is living a very unhealthy life. Even if no one likes you, work out or somethin. Find a hobby.

And people wonder what causes these people that played computer games the majority of their life to snap. Violent video-games isnt the problem, they just give the nutcases the instructions to murder so it wont be sloppy!

"The greatest trick the devil played on humanity in the 20th century was convincing them that he didnt exist." (Paraphrasing) C.S. Lewis

"The greatest trick the devil played on humanity in the 20th century was convincing them that he didn't exist." (Paraphrasing) C.S. Lewis

"If a mother can kill her own child, what is left before I kill you and you kill me?" -Mother Teresa when talking about abortion after accepting the Nobel Peace Prize in 1979

• Rikimaru_XRikimaru_X Member UncommonPosts: 11,718

"And I hate it even more when a person that plays his computer 20 hours a day, tells a person to "get a life" on the internet and acts tough. It's just so stupid that it's funny."

I hate when ppl do that. I also hate it when girls say that. It's like their magic line that makes no sence (sumthin like that)

I would also like to give Hi Fives to everyone becuse we all know phrase mean! (sumthin like that)image

I just woke up so you know.  .  .

-In memory of Laura "Taera" Genender. Passed away on Aug/13/08-
    |
    RISING DRAGOON ~AION US ONLINE LEGION for Elyos

Originally posted by Finwe

Anyone who asks what the term get a life means, and really doesnt know, needs to get out more, now if they do know, whats the point of being a smart-ass? Its short-term for social life.
    Get a life=Short term for, "Get a social life you nerd. Go find some friends. Get a girl. Quit being a loser."
    Anyone who stays at the computer for the majority of their day, every day, is living a very unhealthy life. Even if no one likes you, work out or somethin. Find a hobby.
    And people wonder what causes these people that played computer games the majority of their life to snap. Violent video-games isnt the problem, they just give the nutcases the instructions to murder so it wont be sloppy!

"The greatest trick the devil played on humanity in the 20th century was convincing them that he didnt exist." (Paraphrasing) C.S. Lewis

I know a fat-a*s (excuse my language) that I hate who just sits at his computer everyday and I don't think he ever goes outside cuz if he was going outside he would have lost some weight. He knows all about computers dosen't even know 3 different type of birds. He makes fun of me saying i'm stupid when i make better grades then him. I hate jelious  people like that . . . man .  .

makes my blood boil. I was almost going to beat him up once. I just ignore him now.

|

Originally posted by Finwe
    Anyone who asks what the term get a life means, and really doesnt know, needs to get out more, now if they do know, whats the point of being a smart-ass? Its short-term for social life.
    And people wonder what causes these people that played computer games the majority of their life to snap. Violent video-games isnt the problem, they just give the nutcases the instructions to murder so it wont be sloppy!"The greatest trick the devil played on humanity in the 20th century was convincing them that he didnt exist." (Paraphrasing) C.S. Lewis

You try Finwe, god bless you.

The phrase "Get a life" doesn't mean anything, because it is impossible. When you add the adjective "social" in there, then it means something. If someone tells someone to get a social life, it is more acceptable than "Get a life." Considering the latter is impossible. As a side note, even if they live an unhealthy life, it is still there life. You can tell them to go get a social life, but then again... seeing as you are sitting on your ass in front of the computer screen (probably playing a MMORPG or MMOFPS), it really is quite a stupid thing to say.

• TaskyZZTaskyZZ Member Posts: 1,476

Originally posted by Drakaeon

You try Finwe, god bless you.The phrase "Get a life" doesn't mean anything, because it is impossible. When you add the adjective "social" in there, then it means something. If someone tells someone to get a social life, it is more acceptable than "Get a life." Considering the latter is impossible. As a side note, even if they live an unhealthy life, it is still there life. You can tell them to go get a social life, but then again... seeing as you are sitting on your ass in front of the computer screen (probably playing a MMORPG or MMOFPS), it really is quite a stupid thing to say.

"Get a life" is an accepted term in our language just as What's Up?! or any other of about a million terms.

And the way Finwe described it is correct. Just because you don't like it does not make it unacceptable.

In fact, I found it at dictionary.com. Get a Life

Quit trying to take it too literally. The English language is very flexible by design.

I know it is an "accepted term." But, it isn't inherently english. If you continue looking at your link, you will see it says it is "slang." Also, according to the definitely, it is more or less telling one to conform.

Acquire some interests or relationships of one's own.

Now that we have it right there to look at, let's break it down.

"Acquire some interests or relationships"

Well, that is alright. There is nothing like a relationship. But what if someone has a relationship (friends or lover) on a game? And what about if his interests are the game? If the "definition" of the word ended at that. We would be in hell. Except, the definition goes further. Sinking us deeper and deeper into Satan's ass.

"of one's own."

So now, not only am I being forced to find interests or a relationship, which is easy. My interests is the game and my relationship is my guild! w00t! Anyway, now I have to go and beat myself in the head until I understand this? The phrase above expresses that I need to find some interests or relationships of my own. Well, I am going to be hard pressed to do that. Maybe I will collect paper clips and be friends with so-and-so. Oh wait, this guy collects paper clips too and he is also a friend with so-and-so.

So that definition is crap.

But I understand where the entire deal is coming from, you know, besides from the crappy actor, William Shatner. I still think it is stupid. I know we have "adopted" it in to accepted slang, but that doesn't stop me from hating it. I am still perfectly capable of saying that the literal phrase makes as much sense as Bill Gates realeasing a version of Windows that is perfect. I am.

Now that I was completely side tracked because of that definition, where was I? Oh yes. No. This phrase is crap. Not only that, but the people who always say, "Get a life" are always the same idiots with their thumbs up their ass that do the same thing the person they are telling to "Get a life" do in the first place!

Drakaeon you nailed it again. It's amazing how a 37 year OLD MAN on mmorpg can be soo . . .soo . . . . wise and cool

|

I'm not 37.

::::28::

LOL, and is it higher or lower?

|

Actually, come to think of it, it has been said to me, yes. However, it wasn't that which caused me to post this. I saw someone say it to someone else in a thread here (I don't even remember which, heh) and it pissed me off in all kind of different ways.

Anyway, I don't have an age. I am immortal. ::::17::

• ChiramChiram Member UncommonPosts: 643

Rikimaru. Just because someone sits at the computer all day, doesnt mean what he does made him fat. Just by getting a person to "go outside" doesnt make them lose weight. I myself am large. As a matter of fact, I dwarf my friends. Reasons? am I lazy? no. Do I eat a lot? no. Is my metabolism low? YES. People fail to notice that 65% of todays overweight people have a genetic metabolism. Which means, they would have to run 3 times further, eat 3 times less and drink 3 times as much water to raise their metabolism and lose weight.

So before you go around judging every overweight person you see, just remember that the person you are judging might not be able to help it. Regardless of how hard they try. He is trying his best at playing the hand he was dealt in life.

Owner/Site Admin
    http://www.pvpplanet.com
    dedicated fansite for those who love player versus player.
    Published on august 10th, 2004.

It wouldn't hurt the person to go outside though. That could only improve his health, even if it doesn't result in weight loss. Well, you know, unless he gets hit by a car or something.

Depending on how big the guy is, might hurt the car more image

Owner/Site Admin

Good point. ::::20::

• killerTwinkiekillerTwinkie Member CommonPosts: 1,694

Green Tea
    Ice-Cold water
    Weight Lifting
    6 meals a Day

Walk and stay walking for at least a half hour.

Any person who is genetically Obese can lose their weight, It's more of a personal determination not to give up.  Those who do stay large, those who stay with it...well, they at least feel better and look better because they lost weight.

PERSISTANCE, DETERMINATION, DRIVE, AMBITION, THE NEED, THE WANT and KNOWING THE END RESULT.  This is what keeps people from quiting.  Remember, Ambition isnt something that comes before you do something, it comes after you take steps in your life to make a difference.

All easy ways to make your metabolism faster image

- MMORPG.COM Staff -

KillerTwinkie - That one guy who used to mod mmorpg.com's forums.

And NO TWINKIES! image

Owner/Site Admin

• killerTwinkiekillerTwinkie Member CommonPosts: 1,694
    AND...No Twinkies! They will KILL you!

- MMORPG.COM Staff -

KillerTwinkie - That one guy who used to mod mmorpg.com's forums.

Ding Dongs are better anyways image

Owner/Site Admin

• FilipinoFuryFilipinoFury Member Posts: 1,056

Ive had 5 boxes of Life cereal and i still dont have a life

The deep south? Isn't that the place where the black guys are really lazy and all the white guys are just as lazy but they're mad at the black guys for being so lazy?

On Time? On Target? Never Quit?