Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Race and Class decision

dakota123dakota123 Member Posts: 93

I am new to AIon foums and such, and i usually like playing the least played class/race in a game. (it gives me s ense of being different) What will most people be playing as classes and the 2 races go. I am really hoping that this will be an owning game (not a wow killer, because i try not to set hopes that high) I am currently in a void of endless bordedum with wow and its grinding and raiding treadmill.

Comments

• ScabbScabb Member Posts: 32

I'm really hoping too^^ but in this game you can customize your character more too end game.You can choose your stigmas (like ff VII materia system imo),possibles skills from other classes and customize your weapons and armors with more items : rares,uniques..... more than the only tiers that you has seen in wow for example,cuz the items pvp here are more important.

This and a good combat system with a envolved world makes Aion like a good game.

Think that there are only 2 playables races,maybe for a balanced game because the 3th race is a npc faction,the great novelty atm

• BrutralityBrutrality Member Posts: 1

Hi everybody.

I think that it would be very difficult to see 2 players with the same character, becose the customization is really excelent.

Its not a game like RO or WoW, where you can see a lot of players with the seam face, body, spells, armor and weapon.

• AdamantineAdamantine Member RarePosts: 5,085

Originally posted by dakota123

[...] i usually like playing the least played class/race in a game. [...]
    Teh. Now thats a funny approach.

With only 2 races and only 8 classes, theres not much of a chance you'll find a very "unusual" combination, though.

• ScabbScabb Member Posts: 32

only 10%(aprox) of game is instanced, it means that u could kill everywhere surely,more open pvp and flight combats.Think in abbys like a giant battleground with sieges,where farming is a constant conflict

• EphimeroEphimero Member Posts: 1,860
    Originally posted by Adamantine

Originally posted by dakota123

[...] i usually like playing the least played class/race in a game. [...]
    Teh. Now thats a funny approach.

With only 2 races and only 8 classes, theres not much of a chance you'll find a very "unusual" combination, though.

There aren't so many playstyles to fill out more classes imho, I'd rather get the classes versatile enough to give a good experience, for example, in games like L2, which IIRC you played, gladiator and warlord could have been easily merged in 1 class giving a richer class to play with, and thats how Aion's approaching it, which makes me happy (hooray for pole-dual swords, I-Use-them-as-i-please class) :)