Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

got an itch..

Azeroth1312Azeroth1312 Member Posts: 21

i have a strong itch to play a good sci-fi mmorpg.. used to play star wars galaxies for the longest time.. but we all know what happened there, i've been playing RF online a bit lately too, i remembered awhile back i had tried this game... liked it, just didn't get into it all that much.. I have questions..

1. are there vehicles like space ships or hovercrafts or anything that players can drive?

2. If so can froobs drive them?

3. is this game a grind fest?

Comments

• RogueSevenRogueSeven Member Posts: 321

1. yes, pretty fast ones, since i last played i believe they have added hoverbikes and hoverboards...

2. yes, not exactly sure about the bikes and boards though.

3. when i played it, kinda, but it was pretty fun because there were quests and such and, usually, could always find some people to make a group with. then the pvp was pretty good, i just couldnt stand the graphics after awhile, steep learning curve, but the game is great. cant wait for graphics upgrade later this year

• EkarosEkaros Member UncommonPosts: 367

1. There is many sorts of vechiles, may take some effort to reach as froob, but possible if you know what to farm and sell to players.

3. Sadly it is, it takes quite long time to reach end-game, but you can play end-game even if you aren't max level. It takes long time to get inside of game and long time to reach the most fun parts....

• burmeseburmese Member Posts: 546

The only vehicles fr00bs cannot use are a single line of air vehicles associated with the Alien Invasion expansion.  Also cannot use mechs (tied to Lost Eden expansions) but those are rarely used for transportation purposes.  Ground vehicles (and Hydro vehicles if you want something wierd) are cheap, air vehicles such as Yalmahas, are not.  The newer alternative is the 'Paid Points' vehicles (Jetbikes and Hoverboards).  Anyone can use them given a moderate amount of vehicle skill invested but they are obtained by buying 'paid points' with real currency then spending points in-game to buy the vehicles.  The Jetbikes are snazzy looking but will shutdown if you get attacked so not as flexible/capable as Yalmahas

land and water vehicles - 20k - 60k credits

Yalmahas (baseline air vehicle) - 4m-5m credits cheapest

Jetbikes - 250 paid points (1,000 paid points cost $10US)

note that all air vehicles have the same airspeed, their spec listings notwithstanding

note also that a hi lvl player with speed buffs on can, over flat ground, outrun an air vehicle.

~\_/~\_O