Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Project X Gets Pushed

Comments

• bmd32bmd32 Member Posts: 38

<zombie mode off>

i DID say just in case =P

i wasn't trying to be serious.... i'm surprised i was taken seriously at all.... you guys need to losen up a bit.... sigh...

<zombie mode on>

me want project X now! rawr! droool....  image

~ bmd32

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

• TankerzTankerz Member Posts: 15

As do I...Project "X" Druils :) lol..sounds very interesting :)

• SeravajanSeravajan Member UncommonPosts: 192

OK! Sorry to tell ya Project X will be released at July 31 in the year 2666 bundled with Duke Nukem Forever! ::::02::::::03::::::04::::::08::::::20::::::24::::::28::::::31::::::35::::::36::::::39::::::40::::::18::::::17::::::08::::::12:: j/k ::::39::::::31::

Alphatesting (!): FreeWorld
    Betatesting: A Tale in the Desert 2; 2 unknown games coming soon! :D :P
    Betatested: AC2; Lords of Everquest; Horizons; Fung Wan Online; Wish; Saga of Ryzom.
    Testing: none
    Playing: Rubies of Eventide
    Retired: EQ; DAoC; SWG; Shadowbane; UO free shards, Ashen Empires; Horizons; AC1; AC2
    Attempt to test or play: Darkfall; EQ2; Dark & Light, WoW, Mourning

• Lurk3rLurk3r Member Posts: 1
    Why does it seem like only olderpeople get picked to beta test for anythingimage

• vrtldavevrtldave Member Posts: 558
    people might think its "TRUE", I am pretty sure no one thnkis its to... but I dont think it is "true"

• JustinJosephJustinJoseph Site Co-FounderMember UncommonPosts: 602

Hello MMORPG.COM!

Just to clarify a few things. here is a "mini" F.A.Q. :

Is Project X real or just a joke?
    Project X I can assure you is indeed real and is coming up on us quickly so keep your eyes open, because you never know if you will receive an e-mail from MMORPG.COM regarding the beta.

Is Project X a Game?
    No, nothing like a game so all expectations of it being a game are going to be a let down.  Although we are sure you will enjoy Project X, it will have downloadable updates! ;)

Is Project X a Foam Finger?
    Unfortunately we did not think of this first which means you will not be seeing Project X (normally) at your local sporting events.  But it was such a great idea, seriously!

Where in the hell is Project X and why have we not received any new information as promised?
    Like you we patiently await the arrival of Project X as well, we have no control over the time it arrives.  We only have estimates from it's creator/s.

When will we know and how will we know if we are chosen?
    Of course this is the most obvious, we will post news on our website and possibly tease you some more before letting you in on any information.  But if you are chosen, like every beta test before.. you will receive an e-mail at your mmorpg.com account, much like the contests and announcements appear in your mailbox.

Does the MMORPG.COM staff enjoy watching us act like "loons" over Project X?
    You can bet your ass we do, this thread is read to pass time personally by me every day.  We enjoy watching you crave more information, this must be what the developers feel like when they release a new mmorpg to the community. 

I hope that answers some of your questions as to where Project X is heading and what to expect, well ok it doesn't cover any of it.  It sure was fun writing it though!   Thanks for using MMORPG.COM, expect an announcement soon in regards to ( music that builds anticipation plays ) PROJECT X!

----------------------------
    Justin Joseph
    -MMORPG.COM Co-Founder-
    [email protected]

• dizirgeedizirgee Member UncommonPosts: 156

Thanx Justin for info, well at least for post coz now we know that our beloved mmorpg.com staff is still alive (to our sadness image )

Does the MMORPG.COM staff enjoy watching us act like "loons" over Project X?
    You can bet your ass we do, this thread is read to pass time personally by me every day. imageimage So you tryin to say that you guys usin us, your beloved (well i know i`m very optimistic with that expression image)members for your dubios sadistic orgy parties?! image to watch how we diein in pain to got to know somethin about Project X or/and to be choosen for beta?.imageGuys you have no image  indeedimage

And did i mentioned that already?no?here we go than: let me intoooooooooooo beta pls imageimage

Hope we will see soon somethin about Project X in news section.

Wu name dizirgee->Tough Destroyer ::::40::
    lordken->Friendly Mastermind

Wu name dizirgee->Tough Destroyer ::::40::

I`m Lawful Good Human Fighter Paladin
    and you?

• cedoricedori Member Posts: 500

Well, at least we no they are still working on it, what more can I say.....imageimage

Cheers

P-4 3.0, 120 HD SATA, Geforce FX5600/256, 2gig Dual DDR 400 (PC3200), WinXP-Home, SBLive, CD/DVD, Gigabyte 1000 Pro board w/FSB 800, AGP 8X, 2004 GT Edition, Intel 865PE chipset, DX-9.0b and cable ISP 2mb

• AmunetAmunet Member Posts: 136

Your lucky we trust you!! ::::08::

• EmilinEmilin Member Posts: 94

I'd like to know what this "Project X" is, but I
    m too lazy to sign up for Beta

*YAWN*

-Clothes and Armor Tradeskiller

Papa Smurf Can I Lick Your A$$

• BildgeratBildgerat Member Posts: 85

I was glad to get the report on what is up because now as least I do not feel like a Water Buffalo in the Desert waiting on the rain.

LOL keep us informed and we will keep you entertained

Bildgerat LiL'Pirate

Bildgerat LiL'Pirate

• iverhaegeniverhaegen Member Posts: 19
    Hmmm.  So mysterious.  I finally got off my lazy butt and decided to check out the MMORPG.com discussion forums.  This means that this is the first that I've heard of 'Project X'.  I even went and signed up for the beta.   The mystery actually makes it kinda fun.

Superstar Sam
    COH
    Triumph Server
    Blaster Girl, The Enchanted One

Superstar Sam
    WoW
    Cenarion Circle Server
    Hansola - Tauren Druid

• vrtldavevrtldave Member Posts: 558
    a tire iron upside the head of an mmorpg.com staff member would be much more fun... only if you a sadict freaky... which I am not *cough* *cough*... though I still think I would be laughing my ass off for at least 30 min after that happened..er... I mean jolly good you could respond thanks chap(not brit. so I am basically sterotyping.. yea...)

• ZepeeZepee Member Posts: 947

Nononono, u guys got it all wrong. This is a truly malign project. They r developing a super duper virus that will kill any cpu. They will start it by sending and e-mail to the super happy winners with a clip. When you open this, your screen will start "bleeding" till the whole screen gets green(yeah, green, thats project X color). You will start thinking holy shit, this is amazing what they do. The big bad letter will apper saying "Project X caught you, prepare for true happyness" and then a bundle of arrows flashing will appear all poiinting to a flashing "CL1CK H3R3".<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

You click it, and bum, ur cpu is destroied. Ater they see that the selected members didnt show off in this site for a week, they will give the beta like super successful and spreading it to the whole world!!!!

My 2 cents  <?xml:namespace prefix = v ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" /> image

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Played- Runescape, Conquer
    Tested- EQ, RYL, Freeworld

• knives22knives22 Member Posts: 375

Originally posted by JustinJoseph
    Hello MMORPG.COM!Just to clarify a few things. here is a "mini" F.A.Q. :
    Is Project X real or just a joke?Project X I can assure you is indeed real and is coming up on us quickly so keep your eyes open, because you never know if you will receive an e-mail from MMORPG.COM regarding the beta.
    Is Project X a Game?No, nothing like a game so all expectations of it being a game are going to be a let down. Although we are sure you will enjoy Project X, it will have downloadable updates! ;)Is Project X a Foam Finger?Unfortunately we did not think of this first which means you will not be seeing Project X (normally) at your local sporting events. But it was such a great idea, seriously!Where in the hell is Project X and why have we not received any new information as promised?Like you we patiently await the arrival of Project X as well, we have no control over the time it arrives. We only have estimates from it's creator/s. When will we know and how will we know if we are chosen?Of course this is the most obvious, we will post news on our website and possibly tease you some more before letting you in on any information. But if you are chosen, like every beta test before.. you will receive an e-mail at your mmorpg.com account, much like the contests and announcements appear in your mailbox.Does the MMORPG.COM staff enjoy watching us act like "loons" over Project X?You can bet your ass we do, this thread is read to pass time personally by me every day. We enjoy watching you crave more information, this must be what the developers feel like when they release a new mmorpg to the community. I hope that answers some of your questions as to where Project X is heading and what to expect, well ok it doesn't cover any of it. It sure was fun writing it though! Thanks for using MMORPG.COM, expect an announcement soon in regards to ( music that builds anticipation plays ) PROJECT X!----------------------------Justin Joseph-MMORPG.COM [email protected]

hehe I think I got it! I think project X is going to be something like Steam :P with all MMORPG news, Update beta news etc. i personally think That would be awomse. well I hope I get picked if it is what i think it is or nto :P

• KaiusKaius Member Posts: 3
    My opinion? Project X, is really dawn. Dawn, the game everyone thought was a hoax, i STILL dont know!image but, the reason i think its dawn is because its by the same company, and they wont tell us thename of the gamae but they just keep saying project X. keeping it secret. i dyunno if som1 already posted this, but thats my opinion. som1 lemme know if im right??

• NaosNaos Member Posts: 379

Sounds interesting! A mystery! Oh my how exciting!

Count me in puleeeeze ::::01::

• Tekken_WarTekken_War Member Posts: 4

finally, i will spam again to get into XXX

:D

And the Mystery continues...giggles

Cheers

P-4 3.0, 120 HD SATA, BFG Geforce 6800GT OC/256, 2gig Dual DDR 400 (PC3200), WinXP-Home, SBLive, CD/DVD, Gigabyte 1000 Pro board w/FSB 800, AGP 8X, 2004 GT Edition, Intel 865PE chipset, DX-9.0b and cable ISP 2mb

• GejianGejian Member Posts: 35
    Is there still a project x? I thought it was still a Myth.image

• AdminAdmin Administrator RarePosts: 5,623
    The project is still alive...however the programmer has seemed to have gone missing in the past 2 weeks image  He is a well recommended programmer with a good standing and referals, so I am just giving the benefit of the doubt at this point that he had some kind of emergency. 

- MMORPG.COM Staff -

- MMORPG.COM Staff -

The dead know only one thing: it is better to be alive.

Well, thats never a good thing, but sometimes things happen that can't be predicted.  Good to see your giving them the benefit of the doubt.

Cheers image

P-4 3.0, 120 HD SATA, BFG Geforce 6800GT OC/256, 2gig Dual DDR 400 (PC3200), WinXP-Home, SBLive, CD/DVD, Gigabyte 1000 Pro board w/FSB 800, AGP 8X, 2004 GT Edition, Intel 865PE chipset, DX-9.0b and cable ISP 2mb

• AmunetAmunet Member Posts: 136

Mod's!!! Any new info on this? We are dieing here!1 Isn't Project X way over due now? o.o

• ghawiiighawiii Member Posts: 48

Originally posted by Admin
    The project is still alive...however the programmer has seemed to have gone missing in the past 2 weeks image  He is a well recommended programmer with a good standing and referals, so I am just giving the benefit of the doubt at this point that he had some kind of emergency. 

- MMORPG.COM Staff -

I wish I could go missing for 2 weeks and still have my job!  image

Have Sword, Will Travel.

www.slapyofaceoff.com

Have Sword, Will Travel.

www.slapyofaceoff.com

• BaFooNBaFooN Member Posts: 239

Project X is an MMORPG......

This discussion has been closed.