Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The beta was painful. Why are there so many people interested?

tylerthedruitylerthedrui Member Posts: 304

It's odd to me that so many people are interested in open-mindedly trying this game... when there are such better games out there.

Comments

• DeadDingoDeadDingo Member Posts: 193

Indeed.  So much blue... oh god.. the blue

NV4_Disp Error

• Ascension08Ascension08 Member Posts: 1,980

Here we go again! Prepare to get buried by fanbois. Everyone has their own opinion, and many people like it and/or have played beta without too many problems (who knows how?) So let them be, they'll probably be the first of the 200,000 no matter what anyone says.

--------------------------------------
    A human and an Elf get captured by Skaven. The rat-men are getting ready to shoot the first hostage with Dwarf-made guns when he yells, "Earthquake!" The naturally nervous Skaven run and hide from the imaginary threat. He escapes. The Skaven regroup and bring out the Elf. Being very smart, the Elf has figured out what to do. When the Skaven get ready to shoot, the Elf, in order to scare them, yells, "Fire!"

Order of the White Border.

• singsofdeathsingsofdeath Member UncommonPosts: 1,812

Here we go again. Another thread for everyone to say how exceptionally bad this game is. And for the other side to continually claim it's the second coming.

Honestly, I'd have thought there were enough threads about this by now.

Originally posted by singsofdeath

Here we go again. Another thread for everyone to say how exceptionally bad this game is. And for the other side to continually claim it's the second coming.

I Beat you to it.

A human and an Elf get captured by Skaven. The rat-men are getting ready to shoot the first hostage with Dwarf-made guns when he yells, "Earthquake!" The naturally nervous Skaven run and hide from the imaginary threat. He escapes. The Skaven regroup and bring out the Elf. Being very smart, the Elf has figured out what to do. When the Skaven get ready to shoot, the Elf, in order to scare them, yells, "Fire!"

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,435

Perhaps because they've all tried the current games out there and are tired of them.  AOC is the only "new" thing to hit the market recently and people are eager to give it a go.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• lorechaserlorechaser Member Posts: 124

I too oppose open-mindedness.

Who am I?
    @Lorechaser on CoH
    Badjuju, Splinterhoof, Plainsrunner on WoW (Moonrunner)
    Shyy'rissk on SWG (Flurry)
    ClockworkSoldier, HE Pierce, Letnev on Planetside
    Gyshe, Crucible, Terrakal on DDO
    And many more.

Originally posted by Ascension08

I Beat you to it.

Damn you!

• LordZeikLordZeik Member UncommonPosts: 276

You know a game is bad when they have to try and give people back cash shop credit to try and get them to spend more. You also know a game is bad when you are told that if they don't make a specific amount of money that the game will either shut down or need new management next month. If this game was so grand how come more people aren't playing it? Whats the excuse this time. Not enough publicity?  

• daltanyandaltanyan Member Posts: 1

wrong thread delete my message please. ^^

Originally posted by LordZeik

You know a game is bad when they have to try and give people back cash shop credit to try and get them to spend more. You also know a game is bad when you are told that if they don't make a specific amount of money that the game will either shut down or need new management next month. If this game was so grand how come more people aren't playing it? Whats the excuse this time. Not enough publicity?  
    LOL...

Damn. I totally misread things here. Nevermind. XD

Originally posted by Kyleran

Perhaps because they've all tried the current games out there and are tired of them.  AOC is the only "new" thing to hit the market recently and people are eager to give it a go.

Ok don't wanna feed the fire, so this will be my last post in this thread, but I think there's really two types of people. First, there's people who are so thirsty for innovation, they'd play this if it was literally crap in a box (not saying it is). Second, there's people who want something new, but have different levels of fanaticism. Some won't play if the gameplay isn't as expected, some just want to wait after trying it out. Others will find the loading times too much for them, ect ect. Props to Funcom for being innovative, but if it doesn't work out, most people will condemn them just as easily as they are praising them now.

Ok don't wanna feed the fire, so this will be my last post in this thread, but I think there's really two types of people. First, there's people who are so thirsty for innovation, they'd play this if it was literally crap in a box (not saying it is). Second, there's people who want something new, but have different levels of fanaticism. Some won't play if the gameplay isn't as expected, some just want to wait after trying it out. Others will find the loading times too much for them, ect ect. Props to Funcom for being innovative, but if it doesn't work out, most people will condemn them just as easily as they are praising them now.

A tip to everyone posting in this thread. Read the section of Forums this thread is in.

I got fooled as well. XD

A tip to everyone posting in this thread. Read the section of Forums this thread is in.

I got fooled as well. XD

LOL...

Everyone can remember what I say, just apply it to AoC...

This game is released.... A game can't be classified as a beta while openly taking money from people. Also, this website registers this game as a final project so that excuse for their failure doesn't hold water. They've had that cash shop up for months, ample time to "release" the game.

• JsteinerJsteiner Member Posts: 217

I gave up trying to put my finger on why a game was good a long time ago.

What did SWG do that other MMOs did not? How did it pull you into your character, bring you to your friends, and drive you to make your own in the worl when other games seemed kind of dull? Can you really name it? Its all been done, everything. Every story has already been told a thousand times and most (I emphasize the word 'most') ideas have already been implemented or at least tried by predecessors.

If you like playing it, the game is good.  Can anyone contend with that?

Edit HAH! I got lost! I stand by the things I say, though. They can be applied uniformly across any spectrum of activities.

The ultimate solution to every problem: more space marines.

Originally posted by Jsteiner

Lord Zeik... what are you talking about? The game comes out May 20th.

And second, I gave up trying to put my finger on why a game was good a long time ago.

What did SWG do that other MMOs did not? How did it pull you into your character, bring you to your friends, and drive you to make your own in the worl when other games seemed kind of dull? Can you really name it? Its all been done, everything. Every story has already been told a thousand times and most (I emphasize the word 'most') ideas have already been implemented or at least tried by predecessors.

If you like playing it, the game is good.  Can anyone contend with that?

Welcome to the club of people who thought the OP was referring to the AGE OF CONAN beta, not the AGE OF ARMOR beta. Look at the section of the Forums it's in...hah, this is so funny. Stupid AoC hype!

• JsteinerJsteiner Member Posts: 217

I humbly apologize :)  I didnt think I was being a fanboi... oh well.

I thought I caught myself... guess you just stalk WAY too much :)

Hehe how many people are in the club?

The ultimate solution to every problem: more space marines.

This game has been taking money from people for months..... This website has AoA as a final project aka already out. Now either mmorpg is off their game which I doubt. Or Snail is bsing people to try and cover up for their mistakes. Any company that uses the open beta cash shop tactic isn't a real beta anymore. Otherwise people are paying money for something that could be wiped at anytime which makes zero sense. Why would a person spend several hundred or even thousands of dollars for a possibility that they could lose what they have spent money on from a wipe. Therefore under that logic this game has been out for along time. Other companies have done this before to, for perhaps investment reasons who knows. besides I doubt may 20th will change the course this game has taken.

edit- What I say is based on age of armor and its ability to fail. I can not give any positive or negative comments on age of conan until I play it.