Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

each race leveling on different continent?

UpskirtPowerUpskirtPower Member Posts: 230

each race leveling on different continent? area?

i thought i heard someone post about it long time ago..... can someone confirm? each race cant meet unless in pvp?

Comments

• 1337Mercenar1337Mercenar Member Posts: 84

I don't know if I am answering your quesiton, but I can't confirm if this changed or not from what I heard once you make a race as in asmodian elyoss you can only make other characters of the same race.  

You will not be able to see other races unless your in the abyss. 

What I can't help you with is if the monsters that each race trains on will be completely different or maybe a little different

• KatzuAionKatzuAion Member Posts: 81

I do hope and pray to the god of games, that AION by using 2 different opposing factions, will not end like WoW lazyness, where Opposing Factions co-exist in the same cities, the so-called Neutral cities.. It's the worst thing ever.

Opposing factions, must be unknown to each other, a mistery, a rare sight, that's what makes encounters funny and suprising.

• ZuiljiNZuiljiN Member Posts: 19

Each race start on a different continent. As you can see on the picture below the asmodian will be on the upperside of the planet(the brown section) and the elyos will be be on the green section. The Abyss (the big pvp zone) will be between the two..its like big chunks of earth flying between the 2 continents and its where most of the fights between the 2 races will stand and its also where you will encounter the third race(Balaur). Portals will also spawn between the 2 starting zone so you can raid the other side but since portals are random and doesnt stand too long its will be hard to invade the other side.

Originally posted by KatzuAion

I do hope and pray to the god of games, that AION by using 2 different opposing factions, will not end like WoW lazyness, where Opposing Factions co-exist in the same cities, the so-called Neutral cities.. It's the worst thing ever.
    Opposing factions, must be unknown to each other, a mistery, a rare sight, that's what makes encounters funny and suprising.

Since the Abyss will be only reveal during CBT3 its really hard to tell you if there will be neutral cities for now...

• EphimeroEphimero Member Posts: 1,860

what zuiljin said, also, iirc, ayase stated there won't be neutral cities in the abyss, so, if you see an enemy, kill, die, run or fly away  ^^

• KatzuAionKatzuAion Member Posts: 81

Originally posted by Ephimero

what zuiljin said, also, iirc, ayase stated there won't be neutral cities in the abyss, so, if you see an enemy, kill, die, run or fly away  ^^

That's Great news. Neutral cities are Something a Faction Vs Faction game SHOULD NEVER HAVE.

It's like .. Hey, hello there fellow stranger, how are you?

2 mins later in the outside world

Awww that's the lil fella from before.. bah nvm.. let him be.

Neutral cities actually lead to pvp becoming more and more passive.