Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

While waiting for WAR

LeucentLeucent Member Posts: 2,371

If you had to choose between DAOC and WOW till WAR is released what would you pick? :)

Comments

• CatizoneCatizone Member Posts: 233

Originally posted by Leucent

If you had to choose between DAOC and WOW till WAR is released what would you pick? :)

WoW obviously..

• gorgukgorguk Member Posts: 165

DAoC. I feel its a better overall game. Just not "new" anymore so no one really plays it now.

• grimbojgrimboj Member Posts: 2,102

haha what a coincidence I just jumped from WoW to DAoC.

Wow: Aweful people, endless grinds, buggy (especially BGs).

DAoC: Polished, fun as hell, balanced, best people of any mmo.

--
    Note: PlayNC will refuse to allow you access to your account if you forget your password and can't provide a scanned image of the product key for the first product you purchased..... LOL

• CzzarreCzzarre Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 3,742

Its actually a simple decision

If you like PvP (RvR) then DAOC is the best choice. Still today it is one of the best PvP MMOs released. Most people worry about the games population... however, on the classic servers there has been a small resurgance in this game and these serevrs are very occupied. I wrote an article on the pros and cons of DAOC, read it HERE.

If you like PVE, The WoW is the best choice. Love it or Hate it, it is still one of the best PVE games out there. The main issue with WoW is the Burnout factor. Everyone's played this game for years and as such, the game has lost some of its luster. I wrote an article on what blizzard did right and wrong with WoW, read it HERE.

• GodliestGodliest Member Posts: 3,486

Definitely DAOC; I've played WoW for some time before and quit it, and I'm not going back. DAOC also offers, from what I've heard, some of the best PvP, which I considers to be one of the main parts of fun in MMOs.

• IcoGamesIcoGames Member Posts: 2,360

Fundamentally I doubt there will be much difference between WoW and WAR. However, DAoC may give you a better indication of WAR will be like having been designed by Mythic.

Ico
    Oh, cruel fate, to be thusly boned. Ask not for whom the bone bones. It bones for thee.

• LeucentLeucent Member Posts: 2,371

Ya i ve played both and when it came down to it liked DAOC alot more. That said was just curious to what people might say.

• GreenChaosGreenChaos Member Posts: 2,268

GTA IV

• RAWRGRAWRG Member Posts: 105
    Originally posted by IcoGames

Fundamentally I doubt there will be much difference between WoW and WAR. However, DAoC may give you a better indication of WAR will be like having been designed by Mythic.

Well, it's not that I hate WoW or anything, but I'm really hoping WAR is significantly different from WoW. A lot of the features that I'm seeing seem to hint at this, but features are always written to be as innovative sounding as possible. Personally, I think I'd prefer to play DAoC in the mean time, I won't be, but given the choice between two

• JupstoJupsto Member UncommonPosts: 2,075

I'd rather play mariocart. those games suck.  I know I'll prolly get flamed now but I have played them both and can't stand them.

My blog: image

• SmoeySmoey Member UncommonPosts: 599

DAoC was and still is amazing I play it on and off lol.

(\ /) ?
    ( . .)
    c('')('')