Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dream of Mirror Online

Dream of Mirror Online (DOMO) from Softstar is a free to play MMORPG based on Ancient Chinese Mythology.

"The visual style is a combination of the Chinese design theme and cute, anime-style graphics, and the game places great emphasis on teamwork, socializing, and building relationships between players."

It is currently in it's second month of Open Beta in NA.

For any of those who are interested you can register and download the game on Aeria Games, the NA distributer of the game: http://www.aeriagames.com/

Comments

• AsamofAsamof Member UncommonPosts: 824

is garbage and for weaboos only

• KOlmstead85KOlmstead85 Member Posts: 1

It's actually not that bad.  I really like the cute little anime style.  And their customer service is actually pretty good.  Just make sure you go for Aeria Games and not Gametribe (English publisher in Europe). Gametribe blocked NA IPs.

• HellmarauderHellmarauder Member Posts: 178

Good game.  One of cleanest f2p game I've seen.  Already 2 months into OB and I've NOT encountered a single gold farming bot anywhere (aeria's NA version).  Reasons?? 

1) Mobs don't drop gold, only materials.  Easily farmable materials require trading with other players or converted into items via alchemy for more in-game gold.  Npc's pay very little for those raw mats.

2) Cash shop items are cheap and fully tradeable in game: cut down the need of players to rely on 3rd party gold sellers for in-game gold.  They can just buy cash shop items and trade for in-game gold with other players who don't plan to spend real money.

3) Higher level dungeons are difficult to solo and require a balanced team of players to get most out of grinding/farming.  To solo it needs skills from multiple classes, a real hassle for potential botters.  Not to mention all weapons & armors have durabilities which drop fast and require constant changing. 

So the result?  A real bad game for would-be gold farmers/sellers, but a great & clean game for regular players like me.  In-game economy has been very stable so far without infusion of game gold from farming bots.  My only grip with it is the slow updating and bug-fixing by its dev.  But overall it's a fair & nice game.

• kiezenkiezen Member Posts: 3

this is a cute little game, better for  ages under 17

the graphics are good and the servers aren't very laggy. i enjoyed it. over all a 8/10 ^^

• kevkirbykevkirby Member Posts: 8

well to tell the truth, if theres an aoe, that means most of the people in the spot is in his/hers party. and usually, you should get out of the aoe persons way if they were there before you. if tyou were there first, tell them KINDLY to move. AND THIS GAME ROCKS! IT NEEDS MORE THAN A 6.7! IT MATCHES FLYFF AND EVEN SURPASSES IT. THIS GAME AT LEAST DESERVES A 7.5!

• QJuneQJune Member Posts: 3

i agree whole heartedly. This game deserves more than 6.8. i tried games which are like 7.0 and above, eg. martial heroes, fiesta but all of em suck... especially martial heroes.. that game is.... erm... just sucky i tell ya. dont ever ever ever download that game! if domo is 6.8, then those should be 6 and below.. seriously!!!!

~June - officialy quitted domo. DAMN when is cabal sea releasin?~

• AthanJeedAthanJeed Member Posts: 4

Originally posted by kevkirby

well to tell the truth, if theres an aoe, that means most of the people in the spot is in his/hers party. and usually, you should get out of the aoe persons way if they were there before you. if tyou were there first, tell them KINDLY to move. AND THIS GAME ROCKS! IT NEEDS MORE THAN A 6.7! IT MATCHES FLYFF AND EVEN SURPASSES IT. THIS GAME AT LEAST DESERVES A 7.5!
    yes it does :P every1 vote to get the hype up! XD
  • LiddokunLiddokun Member UncommonPosts: 1,665

I love the GM/GS run in-game events that occurs weekly (usually at the weekends). No other commercial mmo nowadays give that "personal touch" to their games (usually most events only occur during official holidays). Events can be anything from simple "play hide and seek and recieve a prize" or more elaborate ones such as city being attacked by boss monsters. Usually if there's an event you can expect to recieve some sort of prize if you participate. Prizes can be anything from simple items to rare "one of a kind" items sometimes costumes for your char or rare consumables or pets.

My only complaint about this game is many times Aeria Games takes on a hard sell approach to keep people buying stuff from their item mall.. but I think they can hardly be blamed since they have a bottom line to keep in operating a F2P games. Marketing theory research study indicates that soft selling is more effective in making people buy things and less likely to irritate customers than hard selling.

• Jabberwock80Jabberwock80 Member Posts: 8

I've played Holic, Feista and Tales of Pirates.. and all I can say is; If you like this kind of games then DoM is the greatest of them all!

• hellsfearhellsfear Member UncommonPosts: 83

Originally posted by Jabberwock80

I've played Holic, Feista and Tales of Pirates.. and all I can say is; If you like this kind of games then DoM is the greatest of them all!

....first of all tghe games you played befor this, suck in the first place. play something good likke LOTRO or WoW. hell last chaos is MUCH better than this. Seriously try other games first
  • Jabberwock80Jabberwock80 Member Posts: 8

Ok..  first of all... I said "this kind of games"... they are pretty simular in there grafics and style! And Im refering to f2p-games in general.

I have played LOTRO.. and FFXI, Guild Wars and EVE... If I should compare DOMO to p2p-games I would still give this game a high score.

This game as very good grafics for a cartoony-looking game, if you remove the black outerlines in options.

Great missions, crafting and lvling-system :) Maybe You should try this game out before you start critizing it

• hellsfearhellsfear Member UncommonPosts: 83
    Originally posted by Jabberwock80

Ok..  first of all... I said "this kind of games"... they are pretty simular in there grafics and style! And Im refering to f2p-games in general.

ok im srry for that i dident notice it

I have played LOTRO.. and FFXI, Guild Wars and EVE... If I should compare DOMO to p2p-games I would still give this game a high score.

ok i dont see were you get this from. compaird to games like those this sucks even more. 

This game as very good grafics for a cartoony-looking game, if you remove the black outerlines in options.

there is nothing you can say to make me like this game any better

Great missions, crafting and lvling-system :) Maybe You should try this game out before you start critizing it

I played untill lv 19 then i was geting redy to kill my self. I could NOT stand this game. IT SUCKS