Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Bowflex

More than likely, this is the wrong place to post this (OMFG PEOPLE PLAY MMORPGS ND WRKOUT!!!!!111WTFOMGBBQ). Anyway, I was wondering if anyone here knew any good information about the bowflex.

He is the deal. I am a swimmer. I am on three teams and swim year round. So far, I have been able to stay in shape using a bench and the swimming (along with push-ups, sit-ups, etc.). The problem is, by the time I get home at night after swimming and all, it is 7:30 p.m. Now, after homework is finished, it is around 9 p.m or maybe 10 p.m, depending on the load. My usually work out takes around 40 minutes to an hour. I need to do this in less time. By the time I take a shower and get to sleep, I am asleep by 12:00 a.m or later. I get up at 5:30 a.m for school! I can not do that this year.

So here is the thing. Bowflex seems to promise results (which I don't real need... I just need to maintain) with 20-minute work outs three days a week. That would be more than perfect for me. It is what I have been dreaming about (not really).

So, if anyone here has used a Bowflex and can vouche for it, it will be better than the people that claim it works on their site for me. Something tells me they worked a lot harder and were paid to say it was just those 20-minute bullshits, but you never know.

Anyways, if anyone has used one, any feedback here will be great.

(And any feedback with dumb comments, such as previously seen by r1tual and nooblet, will not be appreciated).

Comments

• FinweFinwe Member CommonPosts: 3,106
    I use it, but its casually so. Just a few sets of crunches, curls, and bench a few times a week each. It'll build muscle mass. I know that, and its an all around pretty good workout machine. But the time allotment, I couldn't tell you.

"The greatest trick the devil played on humanity in the 20th century was convincing them that he didnt exist." (Paraphrasing) C.S. Lewis

"The greatest trick the devil played on humanity in the 20th century was convincing them that he didn't exist." (Paraphrasing) C.S. Lewis

"If a mother can kill her own child, what is left before I kill you and you kill me?" -Mother Teresa when talking about abortion after accepting the Nobel Peace Prize in 1979

• ZoZo Member Posts: 1
    I have one my mom got. I use it often. It is really easy and I perfer it to others.

• TorxTorx Member UncommonPosts: 205

You want results? Take N02 Humodulators... Nitric Oxide extended release... it along with working out will give you massive results.... I would also recommend taking creatine * monohydrate form * and glutamine for muscle recovery...

Oh, and be sure to have plenty of protein in your diet... if you dont, you will only be burning off all that gained mass in your swimming..

MMORPG's I Have Played:
    Lineage 2 - 38 Orc Monk
    Saga of Ryzom

---------------------------Desolation Guild WebSite-----------------------------

System Specifications:
    Coolermaster Haf932 Full tower Case
    2x 2 Tb Hard Drives

• SketchSketch Member UncommonPosts: 337
    He's working out for a cause not for body building. Creatine is really just water retention and helps make muscles look large more then anything else. I'd recommend keep that off the list especially if your a swimmer. Unessasary bulk will slow you down and just give you more to drag.

• killerTwinkiekillerTwinkie Member CommonPosts: 1,694

Originally posted by Sketch
    He's working out for a cause not for body building. Creatine is really just water retention and helps make muscles look large more then anything else. I'd recommend keep that off the list especially if your a swimmer. Unessasary bulk will slow you down and just give you more to drag.

Way to be on top of your shit Sketch! image

Honestly, stay away from Creatine, or any form of it.  As told it holds water and by the time you're finished with the workouts, creatine deflates your muscle, makes you feel as if you've lost most of what you have gained.  It's mainly for sports like Football and wrestling.

- MMORPG.COM Staff -

KillerTwinkie - That one guy who used to mod mmorpg.com's forums.

• TorxTorx Member UncommonPosts: 205

ahh yes... I wasnt thinking in terms of swimming... You guys are right though...if you arnt looking to get big forget what I said then lol....

MMORPG's I Have Played:
    Lineage 2 - 38 Orc Monk
    Saga of Ryzom

---------------------------Desolation Guild WebSite-----------------------------

System Specifications:
    Coolermaster Haf932 Full tower Case
    2x 2 Tb Hard Drives

• digitydarkmandigitydarkman Member Posts: 2,194

IMO the bowflex is awesome, there is so many things you can do with it, its better then having all those weights layin around, i used to have one, but sold it, when i did have it though it was an awesome tool, im sure they are even better now

image image image

• DrakaeonDrakaeon Member Posts: 630

Yeah, I am pretty sure I am going to get it and test it out.

Oh and I am not into that whole "take this to get buff" or "take this to swim better."

Last year a kid on my team took two different kinds of steroids to be able to beat me in the 500 freestyle. Didn't work. He only got slower. So screw that. Not to mention, there is a chance I could get kicked out of the league, if they suspected something and tested me. So I don't want that. When I swim for school during the winter season, I don't care much about it. There are only four good kids on the team and we usually come in last place anyway. So it doesn't matter. I just do it to keep in shape for my summer team. We rule. We were so slow to first this summer... but had it stolen from us by 16 points. Ahh well.

So, I think I am going to get this. Definitely looks promising.

This one.

• Sir-SvenSir-Sven Member Posts: 773

I too have been contemplating the bowflex. I thing it's a lot more of a workout than just bench press and free weights. It's all we have pretty much. It's more of a gym workout without the gym subscription. The only problem is which bowflex? And the price. :[

If I really want to get serious, I'd better get it. It's my senior year in H.S. anyway. I'm an ectomorph want to be an endomorph. It's sad. I'm so freaken skinny! Not just my waist either! :[ Go bowflex!

• XZiLeXZiLe Member Posts: 9

Well I kinda can relate to what you're talking about. I'm also a swimmer (rather, used to be a swimmer), and would have to be at school by 5 every morning and wouldnt get home until usually around 6-6:30 (giving me an extra hour or so more than you). I only swam 2 teams, so I'm not sure if that's the reason or not.

Anyway, I'm not sure what kind of work-out facilities your school has, but I think most schools will let students use their weight/training rooms during season free, and for a small charge out of season. I would get work-out sessions in as a part of swim practice. For example, 20-30 minutes in the morning before swim, and again before (or after) the after-school practice. I don't even have a home-gym set and I maintained my build fairly well all year round. Most public facilities with a pool will also have a weight/training room that you could probably use. My coaches and trainers were usually fine with me sacrificing 30 minutes of pool time 3 times a week or so for 30 minutes of weightroom time.

Just a thought from my experiences, though again, not sure how your school is set up.

• KiamdeKiamde Member CommonPosts: 5,820

All i can say is stay away from the crossbow that sucked ass, i bought one to test it out and returned it like 5 days later.

-----------------

"As I bit into the nectarine, it had a crisp juiciness about it that was very pleasurable - until I realized it wasn't a nectarine at all, but A HUMAN HEAD!!"

"Whoever controls the media controls the mind..-'Jim Morrison"

"When decorum is repression, the only dignity free men have is to speak out." ~Abbie Hoffman

Well, at my school we do have a weight room. The problem is, we don't have a pool. So we use local collage pools to practice (and hold meets) in. Those collages are exactly thrilled about us using the pool, and I don't think they have weight rooms either. But even if they did, chances of me getting into one of them are slim to none.

• DekronDekron Member UncommonPosts: 7,359

Originally posted by Kiamde

All i can say is stay away from the crossbow that sucked ass, i bought one to test it out and returned it like 5 days later.

Gotta agree.  Cheap ass rip off to bow flex.

--------------------------------------------

33.333333333333336% of me is a huge nerd! How about you?

Killer 100%
    Achiever 53%
    Explorer 33%
    Socializer 13%

--------------------------------------------

I did provide a link in one of my previous posts to which one I was getting. ::::20::

• vrtldavevrtldave Member Posts: 558
    I saw trox write use criatian... that is basically a steriod... you dont need drugs to make you stronger just eat protein after work out sestions

Yes! ::::20::

Sorry man, I am not a big fan of "extra help" as some call it.

Creatin is not a steroid. It is a natural substance used in concentrated form that almost works as a steroid, but it is not a steroid.

"The greatest trick the devil played on humanity in the 20th century was convincing them that he didnt exist." (Paraphrasing) C.S. Lewis

"The greatest trick the devil played on humanity in the 20th century was convincing them that he didn't exist." (Paraphrasing) C.S. Lewis

"If a mother can kill her own child, what is left before I kill you and you kill me?" -Mother Teresa when talking about abortion after accepting the Nobel Peace Prize in 1979

• SketchSketch Member UncommonPosts: 337

Actually creatien doesn;t even work like a steroid. It's a naturally occuring substance that allows muscle to retain high amounts of fluid. if taken regularly with work outs it makes your muscles appear bigger from water retention. The problem with it though is if you stop working out at the same time as using it, it quickly droops and makes muscles appear flabby. So if anyone does use it and plans on stoping do so at least a month or two before you stop working out, otherwise you'll bloat up image.

Otherwise nothing really wrong with it, it's just kinda of an illusion, not worth it if your interested in seeing your bodies natural development. I personally just eats lots of plain tuna (great source of protien and no fat), drink alot of water to (1.5 to 2liters a day). and only eat crap on the weekend.. although I tend to cheat when I get into the mood for crap image.

But as a swimmer, you'll want to spend equal time on cardio and weights. Cardios going to play a larger factor in at your meets so when you do your weights consider working more reps of lower weight as oppose to the mass gain methood of high weight low reps. I myself am also down the center. and every week I notice I can run a little longer. image

Like I said, almost like a steroid, as in the whole fact it makes you unnaturally buff.

• j-monsterj-monster Member Posts: 1,060
    HAHAHAH thats so awesome i could turn a buff guy into a water bed! OMG were do i get this certin stuff or what ever i culd make my fatdad even larger so he looks like a flesh water balloon! GOD THIS IS FUN! P.S botox is amusing

• Sir-SvenSir-Sven Member Posts: 773

Originally posted by Drakaeon
    I did provide a link in one of my previous posts to which one I was getting. ::::20::

Oh, last time it didn't work for me. Thanks. :]