Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Need a new game...

AndrewDoKAndrewDoK Member Posts: 24

Hi All,

My name is Andrew, I have been playing MMO's forever and I am just so bored with the cookie cutter games out (and in development it seems.) I have played a whole lot of them the list includes:

Ultima Online, EQ / EQ2, Asherons Call, DAoC, Guild Wars, SWG, EvE Online, Lineage 2, World of Warcraft, Shadowbane, CoH/CoV, LOTRO, Matrix Online, WW2Online,  AoC Beta, Anarchy Online, Bounty Bay Online etc etc.

I am just tired of the same old thing, I am kind of looking for something new. Preferably of the Fantasy Genre... I guess the most important factors are:

Population

Large Varierty of Character Classes

PvP System

Content

and an enjoyable endgame...

I tried to use the MMORPG Finder, but it just gave me a list of games I have already tried and tossed...

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Andrew

Comments

• daarcodaarco Member UncommonPosts: 4,275

Hello

You share the same problem with 75% of all other MMO players right now.  We are all looking for something to play.

AoC is supposed to be the first new MMO to be released that can help all. Later we will get WAR, TCoS and maybe even some more.

• DuredhelDuredhel Member Posts: 4

dito! excatly the same for me and i almost played the same games like you.

I'm bored of playing the same ols shit over and over. too. The game developers pretend to be innovative, but they keep on producing the same thing again with just better graphics, but graphics are just interesting at the beginning and will be boring at end game phase.

The game industry need INNOVATION! But if the gamers keep on buying their obsolete stuff and even start buying beta access keys, the developers wont feel any need to change anything. The gamers need to stick together and pull together at one string and force the developers to be innovative and complete their games before releasing. but there are always some people, who are stuborn and stupid arse-lickers/trolls out there, who cant think one thought of their own.

• phatpeteyphatpetey Member Posts: 323

It seems to me you have tried every game possible out there. You should wait on the new generation of MMO's coming out soon. Games like AoC and WAR, DarkFall, etc. There are some promosing games coming out soon so you just got to have a bit of patience!

• xephonicsxephonics Member UncommonPosts: 672

I guess baring the large amount of classes, id say Perfect World

Open pvp past 30

Territory wars

Seemingly balanced classes

Good bit of dungeon content

Not TOO grindy

Free to play (tho a bit of an overpowered cash shop)

Quests out the yin-yang

More content coming with its official release(it is currently open beta, but no character whipes coming)

My god has horns.... nah, I don't think he is real either.

• XImpalerXXImpalerX Member UncommonPosts: 606

Yes perfect world has to be the best F2P in existence atm and rivals most P2P MMO's. Ill add to this list of features im aware of..yet im sure theres more I dont even know about.

Originally posted by xephonics

I guess baring the large amount of classes, id say Perfect World

Open pvp past 30

Territory wars

Seemingly balanced classes

Good bit of dungeon content

Not TOO grindy

Free to play (tho a bit of an overpowered cash shop)

Quests out the yin-yang

More content coming with its official release(it is currently open beta, but no character whipes coming)
    Player Housing
    Pets
    crafting
    flying
    Epic Mounts
    Aamazing graphics without the stuttering
    Aerial double jumping, no fall damage(as far as i can tell), and the ability to climb/go over any terrain in the world(literally I have scaled mountains tops that were completely vertical)
    Hands down the best character creation I have seen in a MMO(on par with Oblivion) 

Only gripe I have which doesn't take much away from how great this game is it could use some more classes. It also seems that they ran the Malaysian language through babelfish to translate the game into English as some of the translations aren't in perfect english. But if your good at reading/vocabulary/English you should have no problem interpreting it.

I may be wrong on this but I think i remember seeing it somewhere. Perfect World has been out for years in Malaysia and already has tons of content added to the "base" version that the english open beta servers have. So the content updates are already produced, they just need translated, the game to go retail, and time.

• skeaserskeaser Member RarePosts: 4,180

Mortal online has some promise IMO. I have a feeling it will be vaporware, but one can hope.

The dev team is some small group I've never heard of that came up on UO and they're trying to modernize the UO style MMO. It's worth putting in the favorites for a peek every now and then.

http://www.mortalonline.com/

Sig so that badges don't eat my posts.

nice addistions impaler

yeah the translations r a bit lacking, but they have gotten better lol

the low amount of classes seems to be because the classes they give cover most things, the only other one i could think of would be a crowd control/mezzer/coercer type that could clam/mezz add and mind control pets of any type for a period of time (since a LOT of mobs cannot be tamed)

• AndrewDoKAndrewDoK Member Posts: 24

Thanks for the tips guys, perfect world seems very good.. especially the flying, epic mounts, and player housing.

I guess I am truely an ultima online player at heart... I just wish it was set in a 3d world, I'd never need another game.

I'm on Delphi server, i could bring you into guild if you want

try it out a bit and pm me with your char name if you want in :)

• seanmac93seanmac93 Member Posts: 59
    i cant really get into perfect woorld because the UI is HORRIBLE (just like every other free to play mmo)
    and the features are nice but they have 0 polish on them (once again like every other free to play mmo)

please do remember, the english version is still in OB

it has some down sides yes, but there are some good features to the ui as well - the search feature in the mission tab, a decent auction house (a few features lacking but i think they get patched in later), etc

• AndrewDoKAndrewDoK Member Posts: 24

yeah, I gave perfect world a try. Nice concept, but not really feasable for Americans to play. Terrible translations, to the point where I can't figure out what I am supposed to do because of sentences that make no sense. Terrible UI and a whole lot of lag.  Maybe with some improvements it will be worthwhile. Also Mortal Online seems like a great concept, the UO of the next generation... but many games have tried this concept before and ended up falling flat on their faces or stripping the game of all the content they promise. However if it sticks to what it's fundamental ideas are and delivers on its concepts, i think it will be the next huge thing.