Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sorry folks, no recession yet

2»

Comments

• VemoiVemoi Member Posts: 1,546

Originally posted by baff

I would expect 10% a year from almost any stock on the market, just on dividends, regardless of whether or not the company gains in asset value.

A little off topic but,

Unless things are different in the UK, this statement is absolutely wrong.  If you have a stock throwing off 10% didvidends, you had better start reaserching why it is so much. Usually it is because the stock just got hammered, like Washington Mutual did recently. Their yeild was showing something like 15% until they finally dropped it. It could also be some type of bond ETF.

5% is a high dividend these days, and very few get higher than that.

• mike470mike470 General CorrespondentMember Posts: 2,396

Originally posted by BlazinBlades

This is why poor people (anyone who clears less then 100 k a year after taxes of course) suck. They always have to whin about their own poor losser lot in life, when they start to have hard times or they make stupid moves or get laid off because they are lazy and fat they always turn around and blame everyone important but themselves. The economy is strong for those that matter, the upper middle class and above is all that matters, the rest of the lower class people (if you can call them people they are more like crap then anything), do not matter they are just, you know crap. So ummmm role with your hard times and ummmm it sucks to be you. Bring it on down now.

I don't curse often in my posts, but this is an exception..

What the fuck are you talking about.  I seriously can't believe you said this.  Lower class people are crap?  Police officers make less than 100k a year, I guess they're crap. 

Teachers who try to teach your retarted mind and keep trying even though you're a complete dumbass, they make less than 100k a year, too. 

The people who were unfortunate and could not afford an education, but try to give one to their children, I guess they're crap.

The Special Ed teacher who tries to help the children with disabilities, I guess they're crap as well.

You are clearly a complete fuckin dumbass.  The fact that people work hard so worthless peices of shit like yourself can wear shoes and live under a roof.  The people that work hard for a living so they can provide for a family, but I guess they're just crap.  

Instead, stupid little pricks like yourself somehow think that you're better because someone makes a less amount of income.  Mabye you should get your fatass off of the computer, and realize that your morals are foolish and retarted.

You're a sick bastard, and I hope you make less than 100k a year one day, then you can realize what you're saying is pathetic.

Bring it on down now...you deserve a fist to go down to your face.

Whew, had to get that off my chest...

• AmpallangAmpallang Member Posts: 396
    Originally posted by mike470

Originally posted by BlazinBlades

This is why poor people (anyone who clears less then 100 k a year after taxes of course) suck. They always have to whin about their own poor losser lot in life, when they start to have hard times or they make stupid moves or get laid off because they are lazy and fat they always turn around and blame everyone important but themselves. The economy is strong for those that matter, the upper middle class and above is all that matters, the rest of the lower class people (if you can call them people they are more like crap then anything), do not matter they are just, you know crap. So ummmm role with your hard times and ummmm it sucks to be you. Bring it on down now.

I don't curse often in my posts, but this is an exception..

What the fuck are you talking about.  I seriously can't believe you said this.  Lower class people are crap?  Police officers make less than 100k a year, I guess they're crap. 

Teachers who try to teach your retarted mind and keep trying even though you're a complete dumbass, they make less than 100k a year, too. 

The people who were unfortunate and could not afford an education, but try to give one to their children, I guess they're crap.

The Special Ed teacher who tries to help the children with disabilities, I guess they're crap as well.

You are clearly a complete fuckin dumbass.  The fact that people work hard so worthless peices of shit like yourself can wear shoes and live under a roof.  The people that work hard for a living so they can provide for a family, but I guess they're just crap.  

Instead, stupid little pricks like yourself somehow think that you're better because someone makes a less amount of income.  Mabye you should get your fatass off of the computer, and realize that your morals are foolish and retarted.

You're a sick bastard, and I hope you make less than 100k a year one day, then you can realize what you're saying is pathetic.

Bring it on down now...you deserve a fist to go down to your face.

Whew, had to get that off my chest...

It is reasonably certain that the post you tore apart was sarcastic not sincere.

If you are not being responded to directly, you are probably on my ignore list.

• oncelovingonceloving Member Posts: 106

I don't think just because someone is a police officer automatically makes them this very important underpaid person.  There are quite a bit of police officers who abuse their powers or do not properly fulfill their duties.

Please try to stick with a more neutral service job such as a fireman (when was the last time a fireman ever abused his job lol) or EMT.

But in all seriousness, please do not answer the last time a fireman abused his job.