Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How will GuildWars accounts work in 29~31 October Event?

LainLain Member Posts: 52

image Hi, anyone knows if the character I create in this 29~31 Event will be permanent? Like, will I be able to use it on the "1st weekends of each month Event" and when Guild Wars is released in 2005 or will it be deleted before? Because if it's gonna be deleted I wont even bother pre-ordering the game.. I will simply play these 3 days and then start playing when it come out in 2005.

image Plus.. Do I need to create a NCSoft account to play in the 29~31 October Event? (Obviously that I have to if the characters are to be maintained).

Also.. I'm from Portugal, so Im a International player.. I've heard that if you pre-order the game, you then have to go to the store where you pre-oredered it (exemple: GAMESTOP) to be able to play in the "1st weekends of each month Event".. Is this true? Because I can pre-order the game online.. but I could never go to a store of GAMESTOP since there is none in my country..

image Thanks in advance.

Comments

• 2pacalypse2pacalypse Member Posts: 198
    No u don't need a NCSoft acc and maybe u might get to play same char during weekend events but definately not after release. I can't say anything about the Pre-Order though, That u should go to a game shop and ask.

GW Alpha Member

Legion of Exile

• LainLain Member Posts: 52

image I'm from Portugal dude, if I go into a gaming store and ask them about a MMORPG they wont even know what it is..

image But thanks for the info, I can say that if it's going to be as I think it will, then this Event is kinda awfuly organized since it's meant to be "WorldWide". Since the game is from NCSoft it would be more then logical that a account was needed, and the Pre-Ordered game could contain a serial to be inputed inside the NCSoft account (which is possible).. That way it wouldnt be so limited to International players as a Event that says it's "WorldWide" should be targeted for..

image And if so.. I will certainly be only playing in the 29~31 October Event.. What's the point of playing on the next weekens if when the game gets released my characters will be erased? This is more a tryout the game event other then a beta testing.

image Over and out..

• 2pacalypse2pacalypse Member Posts: 198
    If its anything like E3 then u just got to download the client from there site , Create a game account and play , since E3 was loog time ago i can't remember if the game Account was directed into NCSoft or anything like that but i do remember that downloading and installing the game , making account and starting to play took like 5 minutes maybe  :)

GW Alpha Member

Legion of Exile