Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ragnarok Online 2

2»

Comments

• Darkseth12Darkseth12 Member Posts: 148

I dont get this why they going to make another ragnarok but only with better graphics that how i look at it

• CleffyIICleffyII Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 3,440

To get all the former 25+ million subcribers who left for other games and may be nostalgic about RO, but demand something better.  Also RO2 has a completely different gameplay and pace then the original.

• hekattehekatte Member Posts: 1

I just don't get why RO2 is called this way..... it has a completely different theme from RO :(... I mean: races, jobs.... the only thing that rly called my attention on it was the graphics(although the poring on RO2 sincerely looks more like a walking apple than like a real poring lol)

Those are Pui Pui.  There are also poring in this game.

• Darkseth12Darkseth12 Member Posts: 148

wow cluffy u know a lot about this game how long u been waiting 4 in to come to beta

November 2004 when it was first made public at Kamex.

• shade111shade111 Member Posts: 1

ragnarok online in 3d hmm.... can't wait to play it if they have an open beta for people to try out although the botting and hackers are probably going to be exploiting to quite an extent like any other game that's in it's beta stages Still seems to be worth a shot though hehe

• JhaniJhani Member Posts: 20

I'm playing this in the kRo open beta (actually just 3 mins ago) and I can say that this game is good and its only in beta and u can only play whit normans and so on.... but its still good and gonna been the best mmorpg ever. And I can only say that normans job mixing system is great. You be swordman and cast enchanter (the mage..) spell and use recruit's gun that is just cool.

"To live in the world becoming aware of the meaning of the world is like wandering about in a great library without touching the books."

• freedom07freedom07 Member Posts: 25

haha.. ragnarok 2 looks very similar to rose online dont you think..?

It would be easy to say that especially if your looking at ugly screens.  However, the games are almost completely different.  You can really see it in the visuals as the environments are more dense and richer.  Also there is alot more clothing, and interesting places to visit.  It also isn't as heavily cartooned as ROSE.  Then there is the fact they aren't using point and click, and thier job system is top notch. 

• cutiechixcutiechix Member Posts: 95

this game was so addicitive to play. . i love it -----from RO philippines

• Reccax626Reccax626 Member Posts: 17

Ro2 is the biggest piece of crap you will ever play. It is nothing like RO1 and the game dynamicsitself is broken. The job system is a joke, you can get every skill when you have the money and level, there is no restriction at all. The game is just a grind fest, it will take you hours of nonstop killing to level. If you're looking forward to playing this game, be sure to get read to sit after each monster you kill. If you're hoping this game will be like RO1, prepare to have your expectations and hopes horribly crushed.

Thats cause your playing the Open Beta where the company is still hard at work developing the game.  I don't think you are used to playing those types of betas.

• thekzethekze Member UncommonPosts: 180

did you try youtube.com ?

• darkmaster21darkmaster21 Member Posts: 25
    I'm excited for this, and I hope this could get out soon. Although, I think a lot of people would still stay with the 2D original MMO Ragnarok Online, this might open more doors for the game in terms of graphics. :)

98% of the teenage population does or has tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste

• wikiewikie Member Posts: 209

is that true that there is already a ragnarok 2?

• xersentxersent Member Posts: 613

when is the EU or US version coming out?

Probably a month or two after Requiem is released, we will start to see the beta's for iRO2.  Not sure though since they keep pushing it back and seem adiment about the idea of releasing the game in a complete state.  This should be around June when iRO's 5th anniversary happens, although I estimated before at around iRO's 4th anniversary.

• DESOULDESOUL Member Posts: 17
    Well the game isn't bad but its tipical, it turned into like most MMO's like Holic , FLyff and such.
    I've played it for like 20 minutes then deleted, you start as a novice, i didn't notice you to get any skill points per level so you can learn any skills you want by buying books and using them to learn, maybe i wasn't atentve enough but i think its got a Secret of Solstice skill system, you just learn all the skills from books with no skill points required.

The graphics are good at maximum detalisation, but still poorer than lets say Holic or Florensia Online ones.
    There is a lot of emotions >_< like 50 different types of emotions in wich even your face expresion changes when you do them.
    The items drop with different options and colors like lets say in WoW, greens with options, then blues and so on. And ofcourse white items with basic stats.
    The stat system is similar to RO1 , same 2 stats per level and you throw them into 4 different characteristics if i'm not mistaken, i don't remember but i think there were only 4 to chose from.
    Skills aren't all that impresive, not so rich animation and pretty cheap.

Well basicaly its not a hit game but playable, have fun with it in OB, but its gonna be P2P so there you go ;P
  • DominusdeiDominusdei Member Posts: 8

the problem is that the game is in beta (in korea and for almost 2 year) and the update on game are so slow that the coming soon of blizzard is lightspeed...

The game can be a lot better but gravity is not a serious company (i hardly belive that someone work full time there). Is sad to see a market blockbuster in the trashcan.

• TheRedDreadTheRedDread Member UncommonPosts: 158

Originally posted by DESOUL

Well the game isn't bad but its tipical, it turned into like most MMO's like Holic , FLyff and such. I've played it for like 20 minutes then deleted, you start as a novice, i didn't notice you to get any skill points per level so you can learn any skills you want by buying books and using them to learn, maybe i wasn't atentve enough but i think its got a Secret of Solstice skill system, you just learn all the skills from books with no skill points required. The graphics are good at maximum detalisation, but still poorer than lets say Holic or Florensia Online ones. There is a lot of emotions >_< like 50 different types of emotions in wich even your face expresion changes when you do them. The items drop with different options and colors like lets say in WoW, greens with options, then blues and so on. And ofcourse white items with basic stats. The stat system is similar to RO1 , same 2 stats per level and you throw them into 4 different characteristics if i'm not mistaken, i don't remember but i think there were only 4 to chose from. Skills aren't all that impresive, not so rich animation and pretty cheap. Well basicaly its not a hit game but playable, have fun with it in OB, but its gonna be P2P so there you go ;P

Seriously, Gravity doesn't even care about "North America" users, they treat us like we're nothing. I played iRO ever since open beta started and was a subscriber for 3-4 years. It's a very addictive game, but it's way too outdated to today's standards. Looking at RO2, it's just an "updated" version of RO1, with 3d and stuff. I've been waiting that ever since I quit RO1, if they released RO2 a few years ago, it would've been successful, but now it's too late for that. P2P to play Flyff? though I'm sure the rest of RO1 players would subscribe a few months before deciding it isn't worth their time. Pick up the pace iRO!

I think many people aren't used to the Asian Game Development cycle.  There was an interesting article on GameDev.net that painted this picture.  Microsoft was producing an mmo in 2002 and a Japanese Developer was publishing it.  The game was casual, had lots of content, and used anime inspired graphics (Like Star Ocean 3 graphics).  However, Microsoft was not happy about the game taking longer then 2 years to develop, and thought that mmo players would not like a casual type mmo.  So they canned it when it was entering into beta phase.  1 year later, WoW with the same exact casual theme, lots of content, and cartoon inspired graphics was released...

Also its good to remember, that even though they aren't hyping the game, they also aren't bullshitting you.  Look at Age of Conan, its an OK game with monster specs needed, but all that stuff they said about the game was complete bullshit.  So I think there will be a definite market when it reaches since I think people will be sick of the bullshit by then.

When comparing games like FLYFF and Solstice to this game.  You are forgetting how much those games suck.  Ragnarok Online 2 is a heavy content game.  It has alot more quests.  Many of which we don't know about because we cannot read Korean.  Also each class has more skills.  In those other games you are stuck with what 5?  Not to mention the graphics really are more detailed.  They have the tiny screws in there and the dresses flow in the wind.  Not to mention the combat is better.  You don't stand there, you have to move, and the enemies are more challenging.  Although I don't like the fact you can learn all the skills.  I would prefer skill points and limiting the skills, this helps create actual builds.