Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Coming back...but it seems the game has changed...

GaliasGalias Lord of the Rings Online CorrespondentMember Posts: 70

Hey guys -

So interested in seeing how the game has changed over the years, I decided to download the UO:KR client and reactivate my nearly 10 year old UO account.  I've played it off and on for the last 4-5 years but was really active for about 6 years.

I have a warrior-type player (100+ swords and 100+ tactics) and a GM smith character.

Anyway, I found my way to a place with a bunch of vendors and it seems as if the game has changed somewhat.  I can't find one vendor selling armor that's not spiked leather or barbed leather...what happened to all the people making valorite armor, or gold, or dull copper or whatever...?

Is it because that armor brings down your stats a bit?  Are there no more true GM swordsmen in UO anymore?  Is it all about mages and casting and PvP?

Help an old UO vet out here with some info.

Thanks,

Galias

Comments

• obiiobii Member UncommonPosts: 804

Grandmaster is outdated.

There are powerscrolls that can get your skill to 105/110/115/120.

Also all of the armor changed and barbed leather is best or else artefacts you can get in some dungeons.

Also there are new skills which are essential for playing now.

Paladin chivalry and samurai Bushido are the most effective. Necromancy and Ninjutsu are ok too but not as good as the ones mentioned before.

Developers stated that without those two skills pve fighters will not be so effective. (sort of goes for pvp too)

In short uo went from a skill game to an item based game, but if you can find a cheap barbed leather armor suit the resist should be ok for some basic fighting and looking around.

My advice would be though to check some freeshards.