Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sorry Guys, Add 5 Hours...

124»

Comments

• Skatty2007Skatty2007 Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 231
    Originally posted by BigMango

Originally posted by Skatty2007

From my own limited persepctive, it seems that there are too many people who are "biting the hand that feeds them" so to speak.  People wanted a way to get into the beta and complained none was available.  Funcom answered and gave them a chance to get in.  Then people complained about the way this chance was provided to them.

No, what you don't seem to get here is that we are witnessing the beginning of the next standard: paid beta. This is what will happen if we don't raise our voices. If everyone is happy with this there is no reason not to do it.

And thanks to all of the fanbois this is what will happen.

And if a paid beta is something that one is not interested in, then so be it - thats OK.  No problem, somepeople dont mind, some people do.  If it is not your cup of tea, s'ok.  Move along.  No reason to get bent out of shape over.  You are assuming everyone has a problem with a paid beta.  Is it possible that there might be a demographic that doesn't have a problem with it?

Its like flipping thru the TV and coming to a show you dont like.  Just keep flipping somewhere else.

I'm not creative enough to have a signature

• jus10datljus10datl Member Posts: 45

It was 100% free to the lucky Comcast customers

• BigMangoBigMango Member UncommonPosts: 1,821

And if a paid beta is something that one is not interested in, then so be it - thats OK. No problem, somepeople dont mind, some people do. If it is not your cup of tea, s'ok. Move along. No reason to get bent out of shape over.

I'm just voicing my opinion; that's what these forms are for, aren't they? You seem to be having a problem with people exchanging opinions and points of vue, so maybe this isn't the place for you and you should move along, as you say?

You are assuming everyone has a problem with a paid beta.

Where did I say anything like this ? Actually I rather said the opposite. You seem to be the one assuming here :)

Is it possible that there might be a demographic that doesn't have a problem with it?

Yes, that's what I said. And this is unfortunate as due to this paid beta is going to be the next standard. Fortunately many are raising their voices.

Its like flipping thru the TV and coming to a show you dont like. Just keep flipping somewhere else.

Sure. You mind if I kill some time on the forums?

• Skatty2007Skatty2007 Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 231

Originally posted by BigMango

And if a paid beta is something that one is not interested in, then so be it - thats OK. No problem, somepeople dont mind, some people do. If it is not your cup of tea, s'ok. Move along. No reason to get bent out of shape over.

I'm just voicing my opinion; that's what these forms are for, aren't they? You seem to be having a problem with people exchanging opinions and points of vue, so maybe this isn't the place for you and you should move along, as you say?

You are assuming everyone has a problem with a paid beta.

Where did I say anything like this ? Actually I rather said the opposite. You seem to be the one assuming here :)

Is it possible that there might be a demographic that doesn't have a problem with it?

Yes, that's what I said. And this is unfortunate as due to this paid beta is going to be the next standard. Fortunately many are raising their voices.

Its like flipping thru the TV and coming to a show you dont like. Just keep flipping somewhere else.

Sure. You mind if I kill some time on the forums?

Calling people fanbois for promoting something that you don't agree with is not stating opinions and exchanging points of view.  Its name-calling, stereotyping, and slandering.   Its not being able to accept there people who don't agree with your personal point of view so you call them names in hopes that "they see the error of their ways." when in fact there is no error in anyone's ways on either sides.

I don't mind you killing time on the forums.  Thats what I'm doing too .  Fourms are PERFECT time killers!  I was actually referring to "moving on" as "move past this beta if it isn't your cup of tea", not these forums as you have every right  to beat me over my head with my own words as I do you with your words.  However, I should have made that clarification better as I can see how it would be mis-interpreted as such.

I'm not creative enough to have a signature