Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

possible release date of major expansion

vaguvagu Member UncommonPosts: 44

Just a short notice that Codemasters are currently advertising a major payable expansion of LotRO called Mines of Moria to games distributors and retailers in Europe as part of their 2008 lineup. The expansion's release date according to Codemasters is going to be Autumn 2008.

According to the Codemasters text the new expansion will feature the below:

1. new level cap.

2. new areas with new quests in six new books

3. two new classes.

4. the ability to forge legendary weapons and class-related equipment.

I dont know if this is old news for some of you but i decided to post anyway, as i just received the info.

Comments

• WSIMikeWSIMike Member Posts: 5,564

Hey there,

Thanks for posting that!

Actually there has been news about the new expansion for a little while now, but hey... never a bad thing to be reminded of :)

"If you just step away for a sec you will clearly see all the pot holes in the road,
    and the cash shop selling asphalt..."
    - Mimzel on F2P/Cash Shops

• XImpalerXXImpalerX Member UncommonPosts: 606
    Originally posted by vagu

Just a short notice that Codemasters are currently advertising a major payable expansion of LotRO called Mines of Moria to games distributors and retailers in Europe as part of their 2008 lineup. The expansion's release date according to Codemasters is going to be Autumn 2008.
    According to the Codemasters text the new expansion will feature the below:
    1. new level cap.
    2. new areas with new quests in six new books
    3. two new classes.
    4. the ability to forge legendary weapons and class-related equipment.
    I dont know if this is old news for some of you but i decided to post anyway, as i just received the info.

2 new classes? thats just amazing considering all Blizzard has been able to muster up over the past 3-4 years is giving alliance Shamans and Horde Paladins. New classes are a great way to get old players to return imo.

• Originally posted by XImpalerX

2 new classes? thats just amazing considering all Blizzard has been able to muster up over the past 3-4 years is giving alliance Shamans and Horde Paladins. New classes are a great way to get old players to return imo.

Because Lotro isn't WoW nor does it have the ethics of Blizzard to pass off the same crap you just had as an expansion. Bravo Turbine if the 2 classes are true.

• WSIMikeWSIMike Member Posts: 5,564

Originally posted by namelessbob

Originally posted by XImpalerX

Because Lotro isn't WoW nor does it have the ethics of Blizzard to pass off the same crap you just had as an expansion. Bravo Turbine if the 2 classes are true.

Yep... Rune-keeper and Warden.

As far as I know, no one really knows what their role will be yet. But yeah... Turbine's doing a great job of keeping the new content rolling in. First retail expansion was announced before the game was even a year old... and I have every expectation that they'll continue with that trend.

"If you just step away for a sec you will clearly see all the pot holes in the road,
    and the cash shop selling asphalt..."
    - Mimzel on F2P/Cash Shops

• Jaxom92Jaxom92 Member Posts: 267

All told, there will be 5 free expansions before this paid expansion is released. In the free expansions, we've gotten 2 major regions added, a good splattering of minor landscape additions, every class has seen a major upgrade, particularly high level skills, and a whole host of mechanics tweaks. With the expansion we're getting 3 new regions, one of them being a massive dungeon.

Really, I think Turbine has done an excellent job with updating content with this game, and look forward to seeing this continue. Free updates have followed a 2 - 3 month time frame, and we'll see our expansion a year and a half after release. I'm quite happy to be playing this game.

Check out my LOTRO Blog: www.middleearthadventurer.blogspot.com

• towanitowani Member Posts: 114
    Originally posted by Jaxom92

All told, there will be 5 free expansions before this paid expansion is released. In the free expansions, we've gotten 2 major regions added, a good splattering of minor landscape additions, every class has seen a major upgrade, particularly high level skills, and a whole host of mechanics tweaks. With the expansion we're getting 3 new regions, one of them being a massive dungeon.
    Really, I think Turbine has done an excellent job with updating content with this game, and look forward to seeing this continue. Free updates have followed a 2 - 3 month time frame, and we'll see our expansion a year and a half after release. I'm quite happy to be playing this game.

+1  Couldn't agree with you more! 

LotRO: Meneldor: Riders of the Riddermark