Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sorry Guys, Add 5 Hours...

trooper347trooper347 Member UncommonPosts: 86

Here's the latest, sorry to be the one reporting it...

Latest News

Comments

• nikbotnikbot Member Posts: 44

At least the people upset are not at work like me.

Hey, just trying to cheer you up. 

• orodeonorodeon Member Posts: 79

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

• PraetorianiPraetoriani Member Posts: 1,147

Smeg. -_-

• sweetdreamssweetdreams Member UncommonPosts: 190

How lovely.

• ParkCarsHereParkCarsHere Member Posts: 666

It makes sense... it's better to get it all patched up before their servers are overloaded, rather than attempting to patch it (and causing more downtime in the middle of people playing). This is a good move, and by tonight, everyone in the Open Beta will have forgotten this 5 hour dilemma and be enjoying the game.

• pixeldogmeatpixeldogmeat Member Posts: 441

lame, they could have pushed these patches down in any of the last 7 days.

PLAY WURM ONLINE!! www.wurmonline.com

• JaeSwiftJaeSwift Member Posts: 201

Crap, it starts at the time that I should be taking a nap before my nightshift =_=

• MahjeMahje Member Posts: 135

Nooooo, damnit :P or w8, that means i can actually do all the stuff i needed to do today and still hopefully experience the first server crash !

• SilverPhenixSilverPhenix Member Posts: 96

Now playing: City of Heroes/Villains, Age of Conan

Played: Eve, Hg:L, Vanguard, WoW, FFXI, Planetside, Neocron, Battlezone, EQII, AO, CoX, AA, DDO

I win at Vanguard.

• PraetorianiPraetoriani Member Posts: 1,147

Originally posted by SilverPhenix

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWaLxFIVX1s

"do not want"

• alakramalakram Member UncommonPosts: 2,301

Nice! they managed to merge all logins at same time. Euro and USA. At this hour we will be all trying to enter at same time.

Here in spain will be 10:00 pm, nearly 2th of May... and time to go sleep.

• fischsemmelfischsemmel Member UncommonPosts: 364

Originally posted by ParkCarsHere

It makes sense... it's better to get it all patched up before their servers are overloaded, rather than attempting to patch it (and causing more downtime in the middle of people playing). This is a good move, and by tonight, everyone in the Open Beta will have forgotten this 5 hour dilemma and be enjoying the game.

Excuses excuses.

It's better to have everything ready to go for the time at which they said everything would be ready to go. But, unfortunately, so very few people in the world are true to their word.

• MahjeMahje Member Posts: 135

haha second time today u made me LOL.

• DignaDigna Member UncommonPosts: 1,994

Originally posted by Mahje

haha second time today u made me LOL.

HAHAHAHAHAHA

and sigh...

• therain93therain93 Member UncommonPosts: 2,039

It's beta: delays, crashes, and downtime should be expected.  The fact that everyone around the world will be trying to create characters at roughly the same time is an ideal testing condition.

Remember, it's not about your fun during this period-- it's about pushing the system so it can be fun fduring go live.  Therefore, please try to have some patience.

• HousamHousam Member Posts: 1,460

5 hours is better than 20 days :p

• pixeldogmeatpixeldogmeat Member Posts: 441

And how much do you get paid by funcom to dictate what the beta is all about? Nothing, that's right, move along citizen.

PLAY WURM ONLINE!! www.wurmonline.com

• trooper347trooper347 Member UncommonPosts: 86

Originally posted by Housam
    5 hours is better than 20 days :p

/agree

• jonchicoinejonchicoine Member Posts: 77

Originally posted by pixeldogmeat

Umm... OK, for that matter, why didn't they just include it in the first patch... or even better, release it last year! They're just delaying things as long as possible to piss us off....  very clever of them...

• nikbotnikbot Member Posts: 44

Can't....stop....mounting...nerdrage....must...kill.

• valdexvaldex Member UncommonPosts: 28

well thats lame, another 5 hours -_- oh well good thing i have tons of games on my pc ^_^ but i think ill just raise my rank in some FFR some more :-p anyone else play that as well wanna challenge me?

• Blaze007Blaze007 Member Posts: 188

Originally posted by therain93

It's beta: delays, crashes, and downtime should be expected.  The fact that everyone around the world will be trying to create characters at roughly the same time is an ideal testing condition.
    Remember, it's not about your fun during this period-- it's about pushing the system so it can be fun fduring go live.  Therefore, please try to have some patience.

Well not really. They turned open beta into money making undertaking and big advertisement event. I do hope the official release will be seamless, otherwise we can see another epic fall.

Like Vanguard’s case indicates – if the game has poor start it may never make up for its hype…

• ComanComan Member UncommonPosts: 2,178

uuhh.....you do realise we are in the last 13 days? You know where they can patch and improve the game before release? right?

• fischsemmelfischsemmel Member UncommonPosts: 364

Originally posted by jonchicoine

Umm... OK, for that matter, why didn't they just include it in the first patch... or even better, release it last year! They're just delaying things as long as possible to piss us off....  very clever of them...

The entire point in saying that something will be ready at X is having it ready at X. It doesn't matter if some issue comes up at the last minute. By having said it would be ready at X, the company should have taken steps to ensure that no issues were able to come up at the last minute. Call me old fashioned, I suppose.

I would say that I'm only getting what I paid for, except that I actually did pay for this...

• SigneSigne Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 2,524
    Originally posted by alakram

Nice! they managed to merge all logins at same time. Euro and USA. At this hour we will be all trying to enter at same time.
    Here in spain will be 10:00 pm, nearly 2th of May... and time to go sleep.

Yes, but Spain is lovely so you still win!