Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

A challenge and a thread for it

2»

Comments

• HashbrickHashbrick Member RarePosts: 1,851

Originally posted by ummax

Originally posted by Thunderous

ummax claims to be a business owner yet fails to ever actually tell us what sort of business it could be.
    ummax is very confused about this discussion. It is VERY obvious that it either didn't play Pre-CU SWG and has no basis for comparison or it's having major issues understanding what we are discussing.

I make 3d graphics is that good enough for you?
    i create avatars, objects like cars, buildings etc .. prior to that since 1992 I build websites 5 years ago I got into the 3d industry. I also have done animations. I dont code.. As you know credentials mean nothing on a forum so I can tell you i'm the queen of england as well and none of it means squat.
    I understand you perfectly.. your stuck on an issue that you can't get over that is now 3 years old. You see i was pointed to this forum about 3 weeks ago about this phenomomenon in game culture
    Gaming and demographics and what makes gamers tick is something that interests me as a sideline.. seeing as I create avatars for people to use I want to know what they like.

I'll give you props for being a 3d modeler, I took the classes through along with my software engineering and man is it ever time consuming for just one object, it wasn't my cup of tea, but I've always have respect for the modelers.

I'm not sure what you are trying to accomplish or get from this ummax, it's almost like you are trying to get everyone going again after it died down a bit.

Just a rule of thumb, don't step on the hornets' nest you'll get stun.

[[ DEAD ]] - Funny - I deleted my account on the site using the cancel account button.  Forum user is separate and still exists with no way of deleting it. Delete it admins. Do it, this ends now.
  • DarthRaidenDarthRaiden Member UncommonPosts: 4,333

i really try to understand  because i won't let  language barrier stop good points if you had any.

can't  take it  "go make it better or let it go" as your final word for it.

We vets had tons of constructive posts before the CU/NGE  , during the CU testing  and with NGE on the  test serer. The day the crap hit the server  we offered to stay if they just made a rollback,  it was still an option for some time. We made thousand of posts with how to make this crap viable and i think is still going on on the o boards. But all that  got  ignored, muted , deleted , denied.

We really still  try, for example

we make offers  like

a)setup at least 1  classic PRE CU server.

or b)remove CU/NGE  from sourcecode - no iconic sh*t , no combat downgrade.

If we go then noone will be  left intrested in SWG  cause WE are  the  community and possible playerbase. The NGE proofed that noone else (in somewhat numerous  numbers)   is interested in that crapware. WE need to get satisfied with a product . and we request that product has to be in core like PRE CU.

We will prefer the company that will finally satisfy us in what we want., If$OE would be smart they would have already start since ages to just do that  and keep their mouths  close  and their eyes looking down to the dust before us and their ears open for our suggestions.

-----MY-TERMS-OF-USE--------------------------------------------------
    $OE - eternal enemy of online gaming
    -We finally WON !!!! 2011 $OE accepted that they have been fired 2005 by the playerbase and closed down ridiculous NGE !!

"There was suppression of speech and all kinds of things between disturbing and fascistic." Raph Koster (parted $OE)

• ThunderousThunderous Member Posts: 1,152
    Originally posted by ummax

Originally posted by Thunderous

ummax claims to be a business owner yet fails to ever actually tell us what sort of business it could be. 
    ummax is very confused about this discussion.  It is VERY obvious that it either didn't play Pre-CU SWG and has no basis for comparison or it's having major issues understanding what we are discussing.

I make 3d graphics is that good enough for you?

i create avatars, objects like cars, buildings etc .. prior to that since 1992 I build websites 5 years ago I got into the 3d industry.   I also have done animations.  I dont code.. As you know credentials mean nothing on a forum so I can tell you i'm the queen of england as well and none of it means squat.  

I understand you perfectly.. your stuck on an issue that you can't get over that is now 3 years old.  You see i was pointed to this forum about 3 weeks ago about this phenomomenon in game culture

Gaming and demographics and what makes gamers tick is something that interests me as a sideline.. seeing as I create avatars for people to use I want to know what they like.  

Fine by me but it doesn't explain how you completely seem to lack any logic in this disucssion?  I just don't get it...

Tecmo Bowl.

• FikusOfAhaziFikusOfAhazi Member Posts: 1,835

Tell Sony to give up the IP so we can

See you in the dream..
    The Fires from heaven, now as cold as ice. A rapid ascension tolls a heavy price.

• HastorHadronHastorHadron Member Posts: 187

Here is the one thing I do not understand. Why does SOE not make one classic server? I mean SOE has the coding correct?

I teach high school history, I know nothing about computer work. I see it as techno magic and it frightens me. If not for the great games and info that comes from these com-pu - ters- I would scream witchcraft and have them destroyed :)

So someone who has knowledge on this provide me an answer.

1) Would it be that expensive to set up one classic server?

2)Why on earth would pride be a reason not to do this SOE is not a person, it does not have "pride" what it has is a desire to make money.

3)if you can answer number 1, how long do you think it would take for a classic server to earn its investment money?

• BakoryoBakoryo Member UncommonPosts: 469

Originally posted by HastorHadron

Here is the one thing I do not understand. Why does SOE not make one classic server? I mean SOE has the coding correct?
    I teach high school history, I know nothing about computer work. I see it as techno magic and it frightens me. If not for the great games and info that comes from these com-pu - ters- I would scream witchcraft and have them destroyed :)
    So someone who has knowledge on this provide me an answer.
    1) Would it be that expensive to set up one classic server?
    2)Why on earth would pride be a reason not to do this SOE is not a person, it does not have "pride" what it has is a desire to make money.
    3)if you can answer number 1, how long do you think it would take for a classic server to earn its investment money?

1; not at all really..

2: It's pride and progress. They won't turn back and  let everyone (which we all already know) that they made faults. Taking a step back is not an option for them, nor many other companies..

3: Even if people say that they would play on it. I still doubt they'd drive in enough money due to the letdowns they have given. Then again, 250k sub's could suddenly come back aswell :p

That's about what i can cook up at 7am o_o

The speed of the mole and the power of steel is my weapon

• ThunderousThunderous Member Posts: 1,152

Julio Torres (LucasArts) said in a video promoting the NGE, when asked, "could you set up and run classic and new servers side-by-side?"  His answer was "Oh yes, of course..."

He acted like it was no big deal to run both.

Tecmo Bowl.

• ValeranValeran Member Posts: 925

It is not a big deal.  It is not like they just deleted all of the code.  (If they did they are dumber than I thought)

They could very easily put up a pre-CU server if they chose to.  They won't because pride and ego's are in the way. 

If it was a purely business decision then we would have pre-CU servers.  More players = More Money.

As someone posted earlier today SOE now has the uphill battle of trying to erase the stigma of being labeled unethical and frauds.  They are now synonymous with those terms in the MMO industry.

The problem is they never learned from their mistakes are are still repeating them.

--------
    Ten Golden Rules Of Videogame Fanboyism

"SOE has probably united more gamers in hatred than Blizzard has subs"...daelnor