Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

5 Things that do not make sense in this game

2»

Comments

• admriker4admriker4 Member Posts: 1,070

sounds like the majority of your complaints are pvp focused. You do realize this is a pve oriented game right ?

Please devs dont nerf classes or abilities simply so someone can pwn better in pvp. The constant whining followed by nerfing of clases never ends once it gets started. Nerf one class, then another, then rebuff one, etc. It never ends.

Thats one of the things I love about LOTR. My class isnt overpowered one patch then nerfed the next like in some other games.

Also, it sounds like your a powergamer. I myself play a ton and i havent seen 50% of the game's features yet. This game is clearly more casual friendly than for the serious powergamers.

I say keep things exactly as they are Turbine but add a few more hobbies for us non-combat fans who enjoy the immersive features !

• Larry2298Larry2298 Member Posts: 865

In my opinion, LOTRO is not a fun game but the thing is "no fun" become part of MMORPG in these days. Although there are different meanings explained by different people about "fun". For myself, I think any game required to grind for skill are no fun. The skill in LOTRO are separate from the level which is similar design like most other F2P such as 9Dragon, Cabal Online, the level exp is one thing, skill level is another thing. LOTRO smartly covered up such skill with title but actually it is same thing.

Which means your level exp does not make you perform better with your skill, in WOW, when you earn your level exp then you can increase your skill level, which I think is better design. It is a cheap work to separate level and skill level into 2 categories to make time sink in the game. You need to use your skill frequently or kill certain amount of mobs to earn the skill....etc. It just make no sense because when you hit the max level but your skill level may still like a beginner's level. 

A good game does not use this cheap shot so they design the other thing to make time sink.

WOW is more worthy for the money because there are so many instances and many of them do not have timer on, if The Rift was first instance compare with WOW, then the Rift is like LBRS, then you can expect the next could be UBRS. If you expect something like Zu Guru, I honestly don't think LOTRO would have anything like that, not to mention AQ20 etc....

However, it maybe only for people prefer to have firece battle game, for mild player, LOTRO could be a social game like The Sims societies because the sims maybe too boring to play without battle field like LOTRO.

• DragonOakDragonOak Member Posts: 322

So you are saying the Blizzard has 10 million subscribers because WoW is hardcore, skill based, and non-social?  Well that is your opinion, and even people that talk to trees have a right to an opinion.

• kosmicfookosmicfoo Member Posts: 37

Originally posted by admriker4

sounds like the majority of your complaints are pvp focused. You do realize this is a pve oriented game right ?
    Please devs dont nerf classes or abilities simply so someone can pwn better in pvp. The constant whining followed by nerfing of clases never ends once it gets started. Nerf one class, then another, then rebuff one, etc. It never ends.
    Thats one of the things I love about LOTR. My class isnt overpowered one patch then nerfed the next like in some other games.
    Also, it sounds like your a powergamer. I myself play a ton and i havent seen 50% of the game's features yet. This game is clearly more casual friendly than for the serious powergamers.
    I say keep things exactly as they are Turbine but add a few more hobbies for us non-combat fans who enjoy the immersive features !

aye when most ppl compare wow to any other game the only thing they are worried about is the PVP..

im so sick of this, cant anyone play a game for the pve part

"nerf kiddys on the net"

• CerionCerion Member Posts: 1,005

Yeah the Sims Online was so popular that EA had to  close the servers down ...

Games I'm watching: Infinity: The Quest for Earth, Force of Arms.

Find the Truth: http://www.factcheck.org/

• EvilsamEvilsam Member UncommonPosts: 200
    Originally posted by Illyrian

Originally posted by Kuanshu

*long post* 

Short translation - I am a PvP player in PvE game and I don't like the fact the game shows no intentions of becoming PvP centric game and catering to PvPers first. I also have some other minor complaints.

Did I miss something?

You said it all right there..I doubt the op has half the time in-game that I do..3-50's 3-49's and 9 25-45 char's..I hate pvp and love this game.

• unsane13unsane13 Member Posts: 160

I have to agree with the post above... at least as far as mmorpgs are concerned. if I want some pvp action I will boot up a fps (counter strike, cod4, team fortress/2, day of defeat or one of the battlefield games). mmorpgs  just don't give me the white knuckle twitch gameplay I want from a pvp scenario. I'm all about the pve which is why I play lotro. great storyline, quests, environment, and a pretty cool community to group with. plus all those nasty orcses deserve to taste me and my fellows blade.

"For a wounded man shall say to his assailant, 'If I live, I will kill you. If I die, You are forgiven.' Such is the rule of honour..."

• TheFranchiseTheFranchise Member Posts: 241

<blockquote><i>Originally posted by Kuanshu</i>
    <p>Only in Lord of the Rings Online will you ever see a rogue/thief type class own better then any front line melee fighter in any MMORPG. </blockquote>
    <br>

You mean besides in WoW?

• TimeferretTimeferret Member Posts: 17

The baseline is for Kuanshu, he has gone as far as he can in the game.

You must have enjoyed the game to get as far as you can.

Please don't slag off the game, there are many folks out there who are still enjoying it....just move on mate and find yourself another.

• jaxsundanejaxsundane Member Posts: 2,776

I really wish I had something to add to this post but so many others have done such a good job of pointing out all the flaws in it all I can say is....wow

but yeah, to call this game Fantastic is like calling Twilight the Godfather of vampire movies....

• SaibotKangSaibotKang Member Posts: 70

lol The OP is a crackup...seems like just a lot of whining from someone who only has a greenie creep. I have a lvl 50 burglar and yes they're no joke in pve or pvp. You can solo any elite master you can think of or any fellowship quest mostly except the tough instances, and in pvp we do have a bunch of abilities that will stop us from dying. But deal with it. Ranked up creeps have such large amounts of morale and plenty of escape options themselves. Blackarrows have touch and go...warg HiPS is much better than ours, not to mention they can run almost as fast as horse..and their cooldowns are much shorter than ours. Dont even bother trying to kill a warleader if you're alone, theyll just casually walk to the nearest safe point if they dont think they can win. Stop crying about PVP related issues. As has been pointed out so often this isnt a PVP game PvMP is only a side attraction. And if you actually get your creep ranked up instead of crying on here, you'll have just as much survivability as a burglar.

As for the CC issues, again you have no point at all. If it wasnt for all the CC in the moors creeps would never really die..its out of necessity that it is born. You ever tried to kill a defiler with 7k morale? Took me and a loremaster 5 minutes to kill him..even with being root stunned mezzed slowed etc. he almost got away and I had to rush into about 6 npc's to get the killing blow. So takes 2 freeps to kill one ranked up defiler...yeah thats really cool some guy just made him and pvp for a couple of days and he's that strong, and you come on here and whine? Get over it.

• SaibotKangSaibotKang Member Posts: 70

Well after pvping last night I thought of this post and started laughing. Last night there were 5 freeps on 3 creeps. We have a Guardian, Lore Master, 2 hunters and myself (burglar) against a rank 7 warg a rank 5 defiler and a rank 9 warleader. 5 on 3 is good odds right we should at least be able to kill 1 before they run? Haha think again.

If we would go after the defiler the WL would use his r9 5k heal on him while the defiler is also healing himself while on the run. I kept riddling and loremaster kept mezzing the WL and he would just use a pot to break it instantly. Used his bubble on the defiler. So then we switch to WL and he's just walking away healing himself with those crazy heals..then once they're kinda far away we start hammering on the warg and he gets bubbled (2 bubbled in the same fight from 1 WL lmao) and then of course he stealths and runs away if he wasnt getting a monster heal.

I died twice myself as a burg because I used all of my cooldowns..the hunters each died twice as well. 5 freeps vs 3 creeps and we couldnt kill any of them because of the insane healing and huge amounts of morale. So funny. Yeah we really need to nerf the creeps CC and burglars so the 7k morale creeps with 5k heals dont ever get slowed or stunned and have the inconvience of getting hit occasionaly, and also they will never die and you will get free infamy whenever a burglar logs into the moors.

God I hope they nerf the hell out of you guys when the expansion comes out and keep you lvl 50 lol.