Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Another Lineage 2 question post

ElranzerElranzer Member Posts: 3

Hey, i played this game only for a brief time close to when it released. since then i reactivated my account 4-5 times (1 month increments) to just test it out...obviously always being a low lvl. However lately my interest has spiked dramaticly. I play WoW - but im tired of every lvl 70 looking identical and how lame world pvp as become. although i still enjoy the game.

I was curious about some specific things within L2.

I understand there are bots in addition to being 4 years old: however how difficult would it be to acually find a clan/guild etc? i am on bartz currently. If i were to reactivate and begin playing....will i be able to find grinding groups,etc. i assume know one uses party tool? each time i open it its just 3-4 ppl selling something.

Also i am a heavy melee person...and i do NOT mind tanking. its sort of a generic question but what class would fit my play style best? i enjoy melee dps, im open to tanking and i would like to be useful in pve (solo and groups) aswell as pvp. im not looking for the most OP class. just one that is i guess useful and noobie friendly with room for growth..

i hope i havnt confused anyone lol. its late T_T. any help is appreciated.

Comments

• EllyrionEllyrion Member Posts: 193

Originally posted by Elranzer

Hey, i played this game only for a brief time close to when it released. since then i reactivated my account 4-5 times (1 month increments) to just test it out...obviously always being a low lvl. However lately my interest has spiked dramaticly. I play WoW - but im tired of every lvl 70 looking identical and how lame world pvp as become. although i still enjoy the game.

I understand there are bots in addition to being 4 years old: however how difficult would it be to acually find a clan/guild etc? i am on bartz currently. If i were to reactivate and begin playing....will i be able to find grinding groups,etc. i assume know one uses party tool? each time i open it its just 3-4 ppl selling something.

Also i am a heavy melee person...and i do NOT mind tanking. its sort of a generic question but what class would fit my play style best? i enjoy melee dps, im open to tanking and i would like to be useful in pve (solo and groups) aswell as pvp. im not looking for the most OP class. just one that is i guess useful and noobie friendly with room for growth..

Finding a clan is as easy as looking up Bartz forums on the official site or L2Blah and doing a search for clans. Following that look up individual sites register and post on the forums accordingly with whatever questions you wish to have answered. Weigh up the responses and make an informed choice. It doesn't realy get any simpler than that.

Bots are only an issue for soloers or dual boxers, and even then only those who don't have DD classes. Your only limitation when it comes to dealing with bots is yourself. The tools to deal with bots have been in game since it went live.

If you're looking to join a clan then your class is largely irrelevant. There will be time for picking and chosing when it comes to doing your subclasses. The progression curve is almost exponential and if you're on your first class then just focus on getting to 75 irrespective of which class you have chosen.

Play what will keep you playing as opposed to whats the FoTM.

Group play in L2 as with most other MMO's takes on a new dynamic which brings into play not only greater efficiency in resource use vs XP gain over time but also allows for different tactics to be applied which are not common in other MMO's. AoE melee is one such aspect and its effectively the best way to level up melee characters in terms of both speed and efficiency.

I wish you luck in your search.

Regards,

Ellyrion Fiallathandriel

The Reckless Knight

Lunatris

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,001

Originally posted by Elranzer

Hmmm, not much use for tanks in groups. I know that seems odd, but the damage dealers can pretty much destroy anything before they get to you and most people duo. It's a tough call.

There are places that really need a tank and of course they are useful for raids.

I'm just concerned because you might not find enough groups and they are slow to level solo.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • ElranzerElranzer Member Posts: 3

Thank you for the impute. I was not looking for the FoTM class- just a well balanced class.

Im thinking of going Destroyer because i enjoy 2 hand DD's and i like the Orcs.

• EllyrionEllyrion Member Posts: 193

Destroyers are a fine choice and offer considerable advantages to both group and raid play at higher level.

They are somewhat cumbersome through the mid levels whilst they get their decent skills. They are not as "expensive" to level up as Tyrants and may be a better choice if you're going to play out of clan for a while. Irrespective of which, I feel you get more bang for your buck with 2h weapons in L2. The simple reason for this is that soulshot consumption differs between 1h/2h weapons and dual swords/fists. Dual weapons consume soulshots on activation whilst 1h/2h weapons only consume the resource on a successful hit resolution. Its part of the balancing equation for the increase in DPS you get with a dual weapon.

I considered the Destroyer for my sub as well when I was making that choice, however, we had 3 of them in our clan already at that point and I opted to subclass a Gladiator instead.

Anyway good luck with your choice and I hope L2 meets your expectations

Regards,

Ellyrion Fiallathandriel

The Reckless Knight

Lunatris