Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

WOW of COX?

2»

Comments

• CazNeergCazNeerg Member Posts: 2,198

I would have to say CoV is the more enjoyable by far.  Though you can probably guess a bit about my preferences from the fact that I say CoV instead of CoX.  The writing, as Adam West Batman-ish as it is, is far, far better in CoV, better stories and more developed NPCs.  So if you are one of those who cares more about the RPG in MMORPG than the MMO, I would say CoX(V) is the clear winner. 

From an MMO standpoint, if you like to solo, both are easy, but CoX isn't just easy, it is suuuuuuuuuuper easy.  As for grouping, personally I would say it is a lot more fun in CoX, mostly because the aspects of the game that actually require grouping are a lot more fun there than in WoW. 

As far as I can tell, there are only two reasons to prefer WoW to CoX; if you like fantasy settings a lot more than super-hero settings, or if you really really really enjoy putting in lots of hours just to get some specific piece of "uber" loot, and then turning around and doing it again for some other piece of loot.

Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
    Through passion, I gain strength.
    Through strength, I gain power.
    Through power, I gain victory.
    Through victory, my chains are broken.
    The Force shall free me.

• GishgeronGishgeron Member Posts: 1,287

Heh, I'm torn here.

I'd say WoW has more content, and a better PvP mechanic (by far).

But CoV (I'm like the above guy) has a great community and awesome character creation..along with some just plain fun gameplay.  The mission grinds can get dull...but travel powers are always fun.  Mayhems, though, own all...and easily make up for some of the mission grind crud.  A Mayhem mission is like an instance, but instead of "kill the big snake at the end" the ideal is to rob a bank (or defend..something...if you play hero).  The 'awesome' factor is that you can attack and destroy almost everything.  Cars, boxes, whatever.  There are also side objectives you can do...and interesting mobs to find and kill along the way.

All told, I'll say this:  City of Heros / Villains is worth the 15$ a month just for its character creation.  I would literally pay that fee JUSt to make new characters all the time.  No joke, I'm not even close to kidding about this.

• CazNeergCazNeerg Member Posts: 2,198
    Originally posted by Gishgeron

All told, I'll say this:  City of Heros / Villains is worth the 15$ a month just for its character creation.  I would literally pay that fee JUSt to make new characters all the time.  No joke, I'm not even close to kidding about this.

Have to agree with this point.  CoX has, by far, the best character creation of any MMO currently on the market.  Though I might have to take that back on the 20th if AoC's is as good as I hope it is going to be.

Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
    Through passion, I gain strength.
    Through strength, I gain power.
    Through power, I gain victory.
    Through victory, my chains are broken.
    The Force shall free me.

• forinboyforinboy Member UncommonPosts: 89

I thought my ex-wife started this thread, judging by the topic....

• TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,166
    Originally posted by forinboy

I thought my ex-wife started this thread, judging by the topic....

HAHAHAHAHA!

SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter