Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Where can I download the game client? (Not Fileplanet)

Ok, I got my Open Beta key, made my account and now I want to downlaod the client, but when I try to do it from Fileplanet it makes me get a subscription to FP first. Is there any other place I can dl the client?

Comments

• Maximus55Maximus55 Member Posts: 1
    Try logging in? If you got your key from Fileplanet. I don't know what to tell you, if you didn't go slap Funcom and yell at the Devs. BTW for some DLoads on FP you can login without subscribing and still download/
  • smittyman210smittyman210 Member Posts: 5

I didn't get it through FP, so I guess I am totally screwed.

• LethalBurstLethalBurst Member UncommonPosts: 367

Originally posted by smittyman210

I didn't get it through FP, so I guess I am totally screwed.

I am assuming you got the key from someone with a Fileplanet subscription. Try to 'borrow' their Fileplanet login to download the client.

• SinisterUrgeSinisterUrge Member Posts: 20

I can't even register my FP Beta key =(

• skepticalskeptical Member Posts: 357

Yeah fileplanet won't let you download the client so you need to either borrow that persons login for FP and download it that way or get the client from a torrent. If they let anyone download the client everyone would be sharing and less people would have got a FP sub they will never use after next week. Can't have that.

• ToxiliumToxilium Member UncommonPosts: 905

OP probably got his key from the MMORPG contest or something similar. Try bittorrent or google is your friend.

• Enforcer71Enforcer71 Member UncommonPosts: 780
    Originally posted by D3mis3

OP probably got his key from the MMORPG contest or something similar. Try bittorrent or google is your friend.

If he got it from the MMORPG contest then he will have a FP subscription for a period of time, think it was 15 days or something like that.

MMORPG.com and FilePlanet have partnered to bring you an exciting new contest! From April 24, 2008 to April 28, 2008 @ 9PM EST we will be accepting entries into a random drawing where we will give away 100 FilePlanet premium accounts.

Out of every 100 men, 10 should not be there,
    80 are nothing but targets, 9 are the real fighters.
    Ah, but one, ONE of them is a warrior,
    and he will bring the others home.
    -Heraclitus 500BC

• sassoonsssassoonss Member UncommonPosts: 1,132

i had posted an alternate link in a thread i opened

i downloaded in 16 hours

Please check the link will still be available

http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/176480

• TakodanTakodan Member UncommonPosts: 161

This is a real shitty deal... you seriously have to pay a monthly fee to Fileplanet in order to participate in the open beta?!? This automatically excludes 99.9% of the people who really want to get into the action. I'm not about to pay, so does this mean i'm out of luck then?

I have pre-ordered the game already and shouldn't that count for something? I mean, isn't it more important to have a paying customer of the game you are about to launch, to have them be able to play the beta instead of some other "no-name" file service users? What the hell - Fileplanet users? What do they have to do with AoC? FP must be paying Funcom a hefty sum to get this privilege...

• PleasureBotPleasureBot Member UncommonPosts: 12

Originally posted by hdnine

This is a real shitty deal... you seriously have to pay a monthly fee to Fileplanet in order to participate in the open beta?!? This automatically excludes 99.9% of the people who really want to get into the action. I'm not about to pay, so does this mean i'm out of luck then?
    I have pre-ordered the game already and shouldn't that count for something? I mean, isn't it more important to have a paying customer of the game you are about to launch, to have them be able to play the beta instead of some other "no-name" file service users? What the hell - Fileplanet users? What do they have to do with AoC? FP must be paying Funcom a hefty sum to get this privilege...
    It's $6 dude. Think about it for a second. Yeah oh well, you gotta pay $6 to be able to play a weeks worth of beta BEFORE the game even comes out. What, were you expecting they pay you? It's not like you have to pay every month for a whole year or something. Cancel as soon as you get your key, simple really.

And FP has a lot of beta exclusives so i'm assuming that's why they went to them for it. Who knows.