Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Tomorrow is the big announcement, countdown ends for Diablo3.com

2»

Comments

• TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,163
    Originally posted by miagisan

Originally posted by XImpalerX

Originally posted by tillamook

I heard it was a Diablo Book and nothing more.
        If you take 2 seconds to read the webpage it states:

"Things the May 1 Announcement are not:

1. It is not an official announcement of Diablo 3

2. It is not about an upcoming Diablo novel

3. It is not a Network merge

Only Blizzard Entertainment may make an official announcement of games, unless we had a leak. However, we have no leaks. We know as much as you do whether or not there will or not be an announcement at the Blizzard Worldwide Invitationals. We do have our own set of theories such as the Blizzard Worldwide Invitationals ending the same day Diablo II was released (June 29 2000) and Diablo II: Lord of Destruction expansion being released (June 29, 2001). We will all have to wait and see what happens."

hehehe the nub! :P

You're the nub Anyways It's just something someone said in thread like this before, I didn't read the site because I'm not really interested in another Diablo atm, but that could change if it gets allot of hype. I'm all about following the flock.

SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• VhayneVhayne Member UncommonPosts: 632

So what's the announcement?  it's 5:00EST.

• HexxeityHexxeity Member Posts: 848

I assumed it would be a release date for StarCraft II.

• Untouchable8Untouchable8 Member Posts: 67

why isnt there anything on www.blizzard.com

Site: Here
    Forums: Here

• ThomasN7ThomasN7 87.18.7.148Member CommonPosts: 6,690

Unless it has to do with their next-gen mmo anything else wouldn't be shocking but I guess one never knows until we hear it from Blizzard.

• ZorvanZorvan Member CommonPosts: 8,912
    Originally posted by Vhayne

May 1st. Tomorrow. Like the title says.

• greymanngreymann Member Posts: 757
    Originally posted by Zorvan

Less than 6 hours away sounds even better. 

• VhayneVhayne Member UncommonPosts: 632

Oh oops.  Yeah guess so lol.

• ceinwenceinwen Member Posts: 36

This should be great, I mean after all Diablo's one of the greatest games of all time, and Diablo 3 has a lot to live up to.

• gathgath Member Posts: 424

The announcement is out.....

BLEH... nothing huge, nothing spectacular... the worst "hype" i've seen in ages...

go read it yourselfs... diablo3.com

Senhores da Guerra

• HashbrickHashbrick Member RarePosts: 1,851

Originally posted by gath

BLEH... nothing huge, nothing spectacular... the worst "hype" i've seen in ages...

Ya that was some new there...

Diablo3.com holders get a nice wad of money and change a domain name. While this hints at maybe Diablo3 is cooking doesn't mean jack, there was no need for a clocked news. Kinda pissed about it actually since it's completely nothing... /sigh

[[ DEAD ]] - Funny - I deleted my account on the site using the cancel account button.  Forum user is separate and still exists with no way of deleting it. Delete it admins. Do it, this ends now.
  • TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,163

I'm just messin with you guys, I was hoping it was a bigger deal than it was as well.

SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

THAT is what was going to cause hundreds of websites to link to them and cause their servers to crash?!? What a bunch of fuckin' morons.

Originally posted by HashBrick

Diablo3.com holders get a nice wad of money and change a domain name.

Heh, and if you read the full post, they didn't get squat for the domain. Blizzard wanted it, and took it. Of course, Blizz was nice enough to give them time to adjust. There was no way they could have charged Blizz for the domain, since Diablo is Blizz IP and that site has been used up until now for Diablo-related things, therefore showing a direct tie to Blizzards' IP if the idiots had tried to fight Blizzard in court over it.

So, in a nutshell, these guys just showed their immense stupidity with their little stunt, AND got manhandled by Blizzard. So, all was not a wash.

• HashbrickHashbrick Member RarePosts: 1,851

Originally posted by gath The announcement is out.....

THAT is what was going to cause hundreds of websites to link to them and cause their servers to crash?!? What a bunch of fuckin' morons.

Originally posted by HashBrick Diablo3.com holders get a nice wad of money and change a domain name.

Heh, and if you read the full post, they didn't get squat for the domain. Blizzard wanted it, and took it. Of course, Blizz was nice enough to give them time to adjust. There was no way they could have charged Blizz for the domain, since Diablo is Blizz IP and that site has been used up until now for Diablo-related things, therefore showing a direct tie to Blizzards' IP if the idiots had tried to fight Blizzard in court over it.
    So, in a nutshell, these guys just showed their immense stupidity with their little stunt, AND got manhandled by Blizzard. So, all was not a wash.

Blizzard would have had to buy the domain out from them or a the service provider, they ment Blizzard wasn't making them rush and shove their shit out to grab the domain quicker. It doesn't matter what name is in a domain if you own it you own until it expires or you sell it.

[[ DEAD ]] - Funny - I deleted my account on the site using the cancel account button.  Forum user is separate and still exists with no way of deleting it. Delete it admins. Do it, this ends now.
  • elf225elf225 Member Posts: 85
    Originally posted by Vendayn

That sure was big news...smaller than Rosie O'Donald!

Yeah but Rosie could make a black hole be considered small.  She just absorbs so much space.

"You dont win a war by dieing for your country, you win a war by getting the other poor bastards to die for theirs!"

-General Patton

Blizzard would have had to buy the domain out from them or a the service provider, they ment Blizzard wasn't making them rush and shove their shit out to grab the domain quicker. It doesn't matter what name is in a domain if you own it you own until it expires or you sell it.

You can transfer a domain from one to another without selling it. And I'm betting that's exactly what they did. Like I said, if they tried to charge Blizz ( as in "We want 1 million dollars for the domain name!" ), they'd have lost before they even began. And a domain is only like $50 a year tops. So I'm sure Blizz would have sprung for the transfer fees, maybe.

Anyway, not worth arguing about. It's just my view of what I think happened. Don't really know for sure.

• Cabe2323Cabe2323 Member Posts: 2,939

You can transfer a domain from one to another without selling it. And I'm betting that's exactly what they did. Like I said, if they tried to charge Blizz ( as in "We want 1 million dollars for the domain name!" ), they'd have lost before they even began. And a domain is only like $50 a year tops. So I'm sure Blizz would have sprung for the transfer fees, maybe.

Actually they could of charged Blizzard.  Blizzard does not hold any right over the name www.diablo3.com. 

Currently playing:
    LOTRO & WoW (not much WoW though because Mines of Moria rocks!!!!)

Looking Foward too:
    Bioware games (Dragon Age & Star Wars The Old Republic)

• gathgath Member Posts: 424

[...]

And a domain is only like $50 a year tops.
    [...]
    Paying around 8$ (dollars) year for a few...

Since i live in Europe that is like 6€ each per year, or something

I pay same/more for a glass of booze in a disco

Senhores da Guerra

[...]

And a domain is only like $50 a year tops.
    [...]
    Paying around 8$ (dollars) year for a few...

Since i live in Europe that is like 6€ each per year, or something

I pay same/more for a glass of booze in a disco

Heh, $5/year for my business domain lol.

By the way, I was right. www.diablofans.com/forums/showthread.php

They of course play it off.

Quote "Mockery granted the domain name in mutual agreement ... a fan himself, he was glad to. There was no sale. It was given free."

They got nothing for the domain.