Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dear MMORPG.Com....

mike470mike470 General CorrespondentMember Posts: 2,396

I believe we should have a hardware thread for AoC, since lately these forums have been overflooded with

"can I run AoC?"

"Picking out computer, please helps!!!!"

It's taking away from the actualy discussion of the game, and since the computer can be a problem for this game, there should be a hardware section on the AoC forums  for  who ever need the help.

Comments

• AmazingAveryAmazingAvery Age of Conan AdvocateMember UncommonPosts: 7,188

Or just a sticky, keep it all in one place.

• sweetdreamssweetdreams Member UncommonPosts: 190

Originally posted by AmazingAvery

I think that's a better solution. AoC will be released soon.

• mike470mike470 General CorrespondentMember Posts: 2,396

True, but sooner or later it would be too overflooded so people wouldn't use it.

Originally posted by sweetdreams

I think that's a better solution. AoC will be released soon.

Well people will still wnat to buy the game after the first release.  It will be for anyone who needs help involving their computers for this game. 

• A.BlacklochA.Blackloch Member UncommonPosts: 842

Yes, not that I have anything against these. All these hardware problems just flood the forums and since everybody creates their own topic, all the important topics drown to the bottom. 

Originally posted by Mortemia

Yes, not that I have anything against these. All these hardware problems just flood the forums and since everybody creates their own topic, all the important topics drown to the bottom. 

Agreed.

Wow, two people voted no ... a sticky or a hardware section would be helpful though..

• I vote people actually use the search function and that they do a little research before they plague the forums (here and at Funcom.com) with a question that has been asked hundreds upon hundreds of times.

• URMAKERURMAKER Member UncommonPosts: 671

plenty of info on  system requirements on every AoC forum on the net.

• LadyRenoLadyReno Member Posts: 218

There is a hardware forum, thats were I went to ask questions.  And Avery was kind enough to help me out.

Originally posted by LadyReno

There is a hardware forum, thats were I went to ask questions.  And Avery was kind enough to help me out.

I know, but this forum could paticularly be for AoC....

the point of the forum is so people can actually talk about the game, instead of talking about their computer.

• talismen351talismen351 Member Posts: 1,124

I don't understand...why...if ppl are interested in this game have they not gone to funcom site? Have they not read up about the game? It is right there in the facts what the requirements are. Are ppl basing their decisions on this game purely by screenshots n movies?

I donno bout other ppl...but when I decide I wanna play a game...first I check out the games homepage, READ the faq, look at screenshots/movies, read the forums for any aditional info I missed...Then I will post a comment if I can't find some important info.

I guess the kiddies are too lazy to read.

• deadlydog5deadlydog5 Member Posts: 95

even if u do make a sticky people are still going to ask maybe not as many but quite a few will

Heroes are born but legends never die

• IndoIndo Member Posts: 252
    Originally posted by talismen351

I don't understand...why...if ppl are interested in this game have they not gone to funcom site? Have they not read up about the game? It is right there in the facts what the requirements are. Are ppl basing their decisions on this game purely by screenshots n movies?
    I donno bout other ppl...but when I decide I wanna play a game...first I check out the games homepage, READ the faq, look at screenshots/movies, read the forums for any aditional info I missed...Then I will post a comment if I can't find some important info.
    I guess the kiddies are too lazy to read.

My sentiments exactly

• nemo38nemo38 Member Posts: 143

I voted no. When 80% of the 'actual discussions' are filed under "funcom don't release a half finished game" or 'no seiges means a crappy release' or any of the other hundred negative posts, I'm happy to see something less negative no matter how pithy.

Originally posted by nemo38

I voted no. When 80% of the 'actual discussions' are filed under "funcom don't release a half finished game" or 'no seiges means a crappy release' or any of the other hundred negative posts, I'm happy to see something less negative no matter how pithy.

At least that's discussing the game..

• afoaaafoaa Member UncommonPosts: 578

"You are the hero our legends have foretold will save our tribe, therefore please go kill 10 pigs."