Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

how will i run AOC? quick question

Just wonderign what setting and an estimate of fps i would get with my pc.

amd athlon x2 5200+ dualcore

2gb ram ddr2 667

8800gt 512md

Comments

• CRAZYCAN00KCRAZYCAN00K Member UncommonPosts: 47

It should run fine with that but if your using vista 64 another 2 gig RAM gives a huge boost.

• warmen_faithwarmen_faith Member Posts: 90

Any other thoughts?

• AmazingAveryAmazingAvery Age of Conan AdvocateMember UncommonPosts: 7,188

Really depends if your in a populated city, a PvP siege or just out on your own in Hyboria. I guess an average of at least 35fps. But Opitimization is still ongoing right up till launch.

When you find out for sure though, come back and let us know :)

Edit: Medium @ 1600x1200

Pure guesimation from similar set up where people reported higher and lower from the pvp weekend.

• warmen_faithwarmen_faith Member Posts: 90

Whould that be on medium settings or high settings?

• CharlizdCharlizd Member UncommonPosts: 923

i wouldsay low to medium

Andrew "Charlizd" Phippen | Lead World Builder | The Saga of Lucimia MMORPG
  • StellosStellos Member UncommonPosts: 1,491

It should be okay assuming AoC runs well.  I just hope we dont' have another VSoH on our hands.  I don't care how great a game is, if the damn thing runs like sandpaper I won't pay a penny for it.  The only way of ever knowing for sure though is just to play the trial or beta on your own system to see.  However, AoC is not about either.  Hopefully the so called "open" beta goes to open beta and allows us to test the game on our systems.  I don't see this happening though.

• Wharg0ulWharg0ul Member Posts: 4,183
    Originally posted by Stellos

It should be okay assuming AoC runs well.  I just hope we dont' have another VSoH on our hands.  I don't care how great a game is, if the damn thing runs like sandpaper I won't pay a penny for it.  The only way of ever knowing for sure though is just to play the trial or beta on your own system to see.  However, AoC is not about either.  Hopefully the so called "open" beta goes to open beta and allows us to test the game on our systems.  I don't see this happening though.

more