Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Lady's Night = Gender Discrimination?

2»

Comments

• Wharg0ulWharg0ul Member Posts: 4,183

is this all people know how to do in this country, get drunk and screw strangers?

I didn't meet my wife in a bar, nor any of the women that I dated.

Yeah, there's a great way to form a lasting relationship...if you need to get a woman drunk for her to sleep with you, I doubt she'll want to stick around once the buzz wears off.

• Rikimaru_XRikimaru_X Member UncommonPosts: 11,718

Originally posted by Draenor

Originally posted by Rikimaru_X

It's more of an attempt to get more ladies to go. If there is ladies night at the Club then they go free and the guys who pay get to see these girls, dance, yatta yatta. Thing I don't like is they thinking they get free things like drinks and stuff. Oh nah I don't do that. Dances yes, maybe a striptease (rare) maybe, but buying them a drink, nope. Maybe some water or a soda though?

How many bars have you been to that serve anything other than water and soda in your entire life?

All, but hell do I have to get a girl a drink so I can holla at her? Is it like the token to get in the panties, I don't understand man. If your thirsty don't look at me for something good. If I'm not drinkin your not getting a drink from me. LOL Now going into A BAR as in a no dance floor...just a BAR...and maybe pool tables. Don't really head to those type of places. Nothing good is usually there.

-In memory of Laura "Taera" Genender. Passed away on Aug/13/08-
    |
    RISING DRAGOON ~AION US ONLINE LEGION for Elyos

• GameloadingGameloading Member UncommonPosts: 14,182

Originally posted by XImpalerX

Originally posted by Praetoriani

I fully support the notion that ladies night is sexism, and I wish to have it banned. The unpopular opinion here, I know.

It's so sad that people worry about stuff like this when you have people all over the world starving and dying in their own cesspool.They dont have a ladies night out or any nights out for that matter.

Its pretty selfish to feel as if and promote this subject as sexism.

Please be more of a hypocrite. You're telling us to not worry about this subject when you're here posting on a game forum with internet on a fancy computer.

You can apply your arguement to anything.

• VampirVampir Member Posts: 4,239

It's more of an attempt to get more ladies to go. If there is ladies night at the Club then they go free and the guys who pay get to see these girls, dance, yatta yatta. Thing I don't like is they thinking they get free things like drinks and stuff. Oh nah I don't do that. Dances yes, maybe a striptease (rare) maybe, but buying them a drink, nope. Maybe some water or a soda though?

How many bars have you been to that serve anything other than water and soda in your entire life?

All, but hell do I have to get a girl a drink so I can holla at her? Is it like the token to get in the panties, I don't understand man. If your thirsty don't look at me for something good. If I'm not drinkin your not getting a drink from me. LOL Now going into A BAR as in a no dance floor...just a BAR...and maybe pool tables. Don't really head to those type of places. Nothing good is usually there.

there is nothing like a bar fight, and a bad place, when you are in a bad mood.

me im too young to go to bars legally but the concept exists for certain parties certain places no matter who, where, or how old you are.

Not a good place to meet women by any standards.

But try it next time your pissed off.

98% of the teenage population does or has tried smoking pot. If you''re one of the 2% who hasn''t, copy & paste this in your signature.

• FlemFlem Member UncommonPosts: 2,870

Little bit selfish dont you think not offering to buy a girl a drink just because you dont drink.  What if a girl offered to buy you a drink, you say, OK, she finds out your NOT drinking alcohol and says your not getting a drink from me. How would you like that. 

• PraetorianiPraetoriani Member Posts: 1,147

Originally posted by Bigdavo

I fully support the notion that ladies night is sexism, and I wish to have it banned. The unpopular opinion here, I know.

It's so sad that people worry about stuff like this when you have people all over the world starving and dying in their own cesspool.They dont have a ladies night out or any nights out for that matter.

You could use that argument with almost anything. I could turn that same argument around and turn it against you, and it also has nothing to do with the topic at hand.

But I'm not in this thread to debate. I gave my opinion and I'm comfortable enough to say I feel strongly about those things, despite it being the unpopular opinion. Rather than antagonize me and worry about people who feel like I feel about this issue, perhaps you should, you know, end world hunger?

Maybe you aren't getting laid enough hehe.

Maybe I don't need to take advantage of drunken women at random bars in order to 'get laid'?

And the starving children's argument is still sad, so I'm not even going to dignify that with a response. Even though I kind of just did.

And it's not like I'm actively fighting to remove it, it's just a pet peeve of mine. I'm a feminist (even though I feel that's the wrong name, as it implies caring solely for women's rights).

• Rikimaru_XRikimaru_X Member UncommonPosts: 11,718

Originally posted by Flem

Little bit selfish dont you think not offering to buy a girl a drink just because you dont drink.  What if a girl offered to buy you a drink, you say, OK, she finds out your NOT drinking alcohol and says your not getting a drink from me. How would you like that. 

But how do I know if the girl drink? I'm not being selfish, well. I wouldn't call it that. It's more like me offering a girl a cig when I don't smoke. I don't know man damn. Now if a girl offered me a drink (and they have) I do have aces up my sleeve. Put it this way, when I see a girl across the bar or so, the first thing I think of is, "Imma buy you a drank!". I will just walk over there and holla. You know though. Just for yall, next time I will buy a drink and see what's up. Maybe I should try this move before I knock it down.

-In memory of Laura "Taera" Genender. Passed away on Aug/13/08-
    |
    RISING DRAGOON ~AION US ONLINE LEGION for Elyos

• XImpalerXXImpalerX Member UncommonPosts: 606

You could use that argument with almost anything. I could turn that same argument around and turn it against you, and it also has nothing to do with the topic at hand.

But I'm not in this thread to debate. I gave my opinion and I'm comfortable enough to say I feel strongly about those things, despite it being the unpopular opinion. Rather than antagonize me and worry about people who feel like I feel about this issue, perhaps you should, you know, end world hunger?

Maybe I don't need to take advantage of drunken women at random bars in order to 'get laid'?

And the starving children's argument is still sad, so I'm not even going to dignify that with a response. Even though I kind of just did.

And it's not like I'm actively fighting to remove it, it's just a pet peeve of mine. I'm a feminist (even though I feel that's the wrong name, as it implies caring solely for women's rights).

Yea starving children is pretty sad.Glad you agree.

I don't go to bar's to take advantage of women.Women go to bars to be taken advantage of by men.Why would they be there in the first place?Any woman going to a bar alone or with a girlfriend is looking to socialize and get the attention of men.Unless of course they are with friends/family socializing and not there by themselves or with a wingman.

I don't know where most of you live, but when i think of a bar I don't think of some hole in the wall biker bar.Their are really nice upperclass bars in my area that really have a great atmosphere.

• FlemFlem Member UncommonPosts: 2,870

Originally posted by Flem

But how do I know if the girl drink?

You ask. 

• mike470mike470 General CorrespondentMember Posts: 2,396

Yea starving children is pretty sad.Glad you agree.

I don't go to bar's to take advantage of women.Women go to bars to be taken advantage of by men.Why would they be there in the first place?Any woman going to a bar alone or with a girlfriend is looking to socialize and get the attention of men.Unless of course they are with friends/family socializing and not there by themselves or with a wingman.

Getting attention and being taken advantage of is a big difference.  Getting taken advantage of is getting a girl drunk and telling her you're a rich millionair and screwing her that night and never speaking to her again.  Getting attention is having people look at you/pay attention to you.

...i see a slight difference.

• XImpalerXXImpalerX Member UncommonPosts: 606

good point.

• bamboob3bamboob3 Member Posts: 33

Of course, it's kinda marketing strategy. first of all, you have to know that, beside music and other factors, girls are the most important thing to attract customers, men in this case, to spend their money. If you heard from your friends that this place has a lot of chicks there, you won't hesitate to visit for sure. In some countries, for example Thailand, some night clubs will offer one bottle of whisky for free when 4 girls or more come together. Especially, some night clubs in Taiwan will give any kinds of drinks, free of charge, for girl who wears only bikini visiting that clubs.

It's not about gender or sexual discrimination; all the thing is only how to make money!!! That's it

• Hell, it's their bar/club/whatever, they can have a lady's night if they please. It's a proven marketing strategy, most of the time it works, which is why there are still lady's nights wherever possible.

Is it sexist? I don't really care, if it is it's not to a harmful degree in any way. Besides, in most ways it benefits your average male, unless you're looking for a place to go and get hammered surrounded by old cranky men.

To the poster who wrote something about Hooters, there was in fact a lawsuit years ago by a man who thought he should be allowed to be a waiter there, and he won. But in all honesty, if I walk into Hooter's and a guy comes and says he's my waiter, I'd tell him either give me a waitress or I'm leaving.