Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Newbie Help!

chrizkerr2chrizkerr2 Member Posts: 2

Greetings,

I just reinstalled Guild Wars, and am wondering if anyone can answer me afew questions.

Can I unlearn attributes whenever I want? Just worried I'm going to make a mistake while leveling my Ranger, or if anyone knows any builds please let me know <3.

Also what is a good 2nd profession for a Ranger? I mainly wanna be a good PvE dpser.

And the last thing is I have the Special edition of Guild Wars, and it keeps saying ingame that "You have free unlocks, visit a Priest of Balthazor(or something like that) but I have no clue as to where that is!

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• GodliestGodliest Member Posts: 3,486

When you go into an outpost (town/city) you can switch around the attributes as you like, without any form of "punishment" for doing so. For builds I'd urge you to check out PvXWiki but also to make your own ones, and try them; there is no better way to grasp how the game works than trying yourself.

The most common choice of secondary profession is to be a monk due their condition removal and so on, but it's actually fairly open. You will mostly be using skills from your own attribute lines. It's also a good idea to check out the stickies, there you can find my post regarding choosing secondary professions.

Priests of Balthazar can be in the various PvP arenas. I suggest you to create a PvP-only character; close to where they "spawn" you will find a Priest of Balthazar who you can talk to. I'm not the most active, but you can still add me in-game and I'll maybe be able to help you out a bit. My ign is Dancing With Nature.

• Par-SalianPar-Salian Member Posts: 284

I'm not the most experienced player in GW but I have been playing for about six months, regularly.  I'm on pretty often and you're more than welcome to look me up: Takhisis Cleric.

• chrizkerr2chrizkerr2 Member Posts: 2

Thanks for the help guys, added both of you!

About the priests of Bathazar, are there none on the RP servers? Will I be able to get the unlocks on my Ranger who is on the RP server?

Thanks in advance.

• 8hammer88hammer8 Member Posts: 1,812

Originally posted by chrizkerr2

Thanks for the help guys, added both of you!
    About the priests of Bathazar, are there none on the RP servers? Will I be able to get the unlocks on my Ranger who is on the RP server?

Thanks in advance.

There are no RP servers because it is all one interconnected server.  Every person playing can meet up with their friend, another great thing about the game.  So RP wise you will have to try to find maybe specific guilds that take part in that activity.

The Priests of Bathazar can be found in most of the major cities and the PvP arena area's.

Have fun.

"It is easier to be cruel than wise. The road to wisdom is long and difficult... so most people just turn out to be assholes" Feng (Christopher Walken)

• ASmith84ASmith84 Member Posts: 979

read the manual, read on the main website, or ask people in the game for help.

you can change attributes whenever you want at no cost in outposts

try all the secondarys for it and pick the one you like

priest of balthazar are the pvp guys, go to the great temple of balthazar by pressing m and clicking the boat

• GodliestGodliest Member Posts: 3,486

Before asking additional questions I'd advice you to head over to Guild Wars Wiki where the most of your questions are most likely already answered. Of course if you don't find the questions just go ahead and ask, and you will probably receive some help or advise. However it's always a good idea to check GWWiki before asking.

• ajax853ajax853 Member Posts: 9

Try clicking on the boat on your map and taking it to the Great Temple of Balthazar, I bet you can find what you need there.

• zonzaizonzai Member Posts: 358
    Originally posted by chrizkerr2

Greetings,
    I just reinstalled Guild Wars, and am wondering if anyone can answer me afew questions.
    Can I unlearn attributes whenever I want? Just worried I'm going to make a mistake while leveling my Ranger, or if anyone knows any builds please let me know <3.
    Also what is a good 2nd profession for a Ranger? I mainly wanna be a good PvE dpser.
    And the last thing is I have the Special edition of Guild Wars, and it keeps saying ingame that "You have free unlocks, visit a Priest of Balthazor(or something like that) but I have no clue as to where that is!

Thanks in advance!

Welcome back to GW. You can alter your attributes and skills in any town.  There is not wrong choice for a second class.  You can change them later.  Try the ritualist for dps.

Press M and click on the boat on your map.  THen click on travel to Great Temple of Balthazar.  You will find the priests there.