Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Another Tryout

2»

Comments

• iank240iank240 Member Posts: 170
    Originally posted by DarthRaiden

Originally posted by iank240

Originally posted by Teiman

NEWBIE ALERT ***   NEWBIE ALERRTTSSS ******

I have made some questions, can some guy be gently enough to ask my questions?  Is a bad idea to get a ship and move to other planet? I will be able to go back?  I can buy a at-at to kill these anoying crafters and stuff?
    Newbie need vets help!!777

most vets have left the game since CU/NGE patches in 2005. also me my honest advice is to stay away from this game or request the better game version features from before november 15 2005.

They were 32 professions,  Jedi was a tough task to obtain. There was this BH  - Jedi  PvP mini game. Crafters had a broad market and the economy was thriving.  Game levels had no influence on teaming and every place on the galaxie was populated with people doing various things like you would expect in a Star Wars galaxie. Entertaining dancers musicians ,  scouting , mission for xp , missions for loot, crafting goods , visiting shops,  exploring places , setting up camps, fighting over bases  all the good stuff  was back in the better version of this game.  Back in the days  i could find any help i needed in the game  cause  my server  was packed full of people  mostly being helpfull.  Today that server is dead.

Oh look, and another PRE-CU comment.  Peeps cant control themselves :)

you was asking for vets help and me as vet gave you my honest opinion. Say thx at least.

Thx :)

• DarthRaidenDarthRaiden Member UncommonPosts: 4,333

Originally posted by Torak

Originally posted by iwantmyswg

yes we do want to return to pre-cu it was a better game. the content would have gone in. there was much more development in pre-cu and it had a clear plan. and 32+ professions was one of the greatest systems ever even more so with unlockable jedi. something that did get fixed with the village and the village will go down as the greatest content added to any game.

the devs now don't care look at the nje no one likes it and it is a jedi nerf. and next up on the nerfing block smuggler and commando. smuggler cuz the devs love to nerf that profession and commando cuz well it is too over powered in the eyes of the devs and what will happen? whats left of the game after todays worthless update will leave.
    so yes we all want pre-cu back it was much more fun and had many more players and will gain many new players who want to get away from the boring and lame warcraft games. the swg nge fanbois will just run back to watching mtv and playing halo 3

LoL, no it wasn't, half of those professions didn't even work....

That old profession system was flawed on so many levels it wasn't even funny.

There was no point in having 32 professions anyway, no one actually "played" them. Everyone was to busy botting...errr...grinding them out to get a Jediiiiii.

Lets take a look

everyone was either and/or

Brawler

Entertainer

Marksman

Politician

Scout

ok and now lets ask around if the profession were needless

dear Architects

dear  armorsmiths

dear Bio engineer

dear Bounty Hunter

dear Carbineer

dear Chef

dear Combat Medic

dear Commando

dear Creature Handler

dear Dancer

dear Doctor

dear Droid engineer

dear Fencer

dear Image Designer

dear Merchant

dear Musician

dear Pikeman

dear Pistoleer

dear  Ranger

dear Rifleman

dear Smuggler

dear Squad leader

dear Swordsman

dear Tailor

dear Teras kasi  arstist

dear Weaponsmith

didn't your profession work like Torak claims ?

Torak please  tell to the people  what the half professions that didn't work were.

Then myself was  Brawler, Marksman,  Rifleman, TKA, Scout with smugler feign death on my main.

Carbineer, Medic, Combat Medic on the other.

friend of me was Artisan, Weaponsmith, Armorsmith on one

Artisan, Chef,  Medic,  Doctor on the other.

So please tell which half of the template combinations didn't work . 

(there are hunderts possible btw)

-----MY-TERMS-OF-USE--------------------------------------------------
    $OE - eternal enemy of online gaming
    -We finally WON !!!! 2011 $OE accepted that they have been fired 2005 by the playerbase and closed down ridiculous NGE !!

"There was suppression of speech and all kinds of things between disturbing and fascistic." Raph Koster (parted $OE)

• ValeranValeran Member Posts: 925

yes we do want to return to pre-cu it was a better game. the content would have gone in. there was much more development in pre-cu and it had a clear plan. and 32+ professions was one of the greatest systems ever even more so with unlockable jedi. something that did get fixed with the village and the village will go down as the greatest content added to any game.

the devs now don't care look at the nje no one likes it and it is a jedi nerf. and next up on the nerfing block smuggler and commando. smuggler cuz the devs love to nerf that profession and commando cuz well it is too over powered in the eyes of the devs and what will happen? whats left of the game after todays worthless update will leave.
    so yes we all want pre-cu back it was much more fun and had many more players and will gain many new players who want to get away from the boring and lame warcraft games. the swg nge fanbois will just run back to watching mtv and playing halo 3

There was no point in having 32 professions anyway, no one actually "played" them. Everyone was to busy botting...errr...grinding them out as fast as they could to get a Jediiiiii.

#4 and #7

--------
    Ten Golden Rules Of Videogame Fanboyism

"SOE has probably united more gamers in hatred than Blizzard has subs"...daelnor

• TorakTorak Member Posts: 4,905

There was no point in having 32 professions anyway, no one actually "played" them. Everyone was to busy botting...errr...grinding them out to get a Jediiiiii.

Lets take a look

Brawler

Entertainer

Marksman

Politician

Scout

dear Architects

dear  armorsmiths

dear Bio engineer

dear Bounty Hunter

dear Carbineer

dear Chef

dear Combat Medic

dear Commando

dear Creature Handler

dear Dancer

dear Doctor

dear Droid engineer

dear Fencer

dear Image Designer

dear Merchant

dear Musician

dear Pikeman

dear Pistoleer

dear  Ranger

dear Rifleman

dear Smuggler

dear Squad leader

dear Swordsman

dear Tailor

dear Teras kasi  arstist

dear Weaponsmith

Torak please  tell to the people  what the half professions that didn't work were.

Then myself was  Brawler, Marksman,  Rifleman, TKA, Scout with smugler feign death on my main.

I'm hoping to get 250,000 replies to correct me. I would be shocked if I got 50.

Do me a favor, if it gets that high shoot me a PM and remind me to check back with this thread.

• Sam123jo0123Sam123jo0123 Member Posts: 409

Lets take a look

Brawler

Entertainer

Marksman

Politician

Scout

dear Architects

dear  armorsmiths

dear Bio engineer

dear Bounty Hunter

dear Carbineer

dear Chef

dear Combat Medic

dear Commando

dear Creature Handler

dear Dancer

dear Doctor

dear Droid engineer

dear Fencer

dear Image Designer

dear Merchant

dear Musician

dear Pikeman

dear Pistoleer

dear  Ranger

dear Rifleman

dear Smuggler

dear Squad leader

dear Swordsman

dear Tailor

dear Teras kasi  arstist

dear Weaponsmith

I'm hoping to get 250,000 replies to correct me. I would be shocked if I got 50.

Do me a favor, if it gets that high shoot me a PM and remind me to check back with this thread.

The embarrasing this is that these people actually believe that there are 250,000 people around that still care.

Do me a favor, if you get a PM - drop me one too please :)

Account has been stolen, why would someone want to steal my account?

Lets take a look

Brawler

Entertainer

Marksman

Politician

Scout

dear Architects

dear  armorsmiths

dear Bio engineer

dear Bounty Hunter

dear Carbineer

dear Chef

dear Combat Medic

dear Commando

dear Creature Handler

dear Dancer

dear Doctor

dear Droid engineer

dear Fencer

dear Image Designer

dear Merchant

dear Musician

dear Pikeman

dear Pistoleer

dear  Ranger

dear Rifleman

dear Smuggler

dear Squad leader

dear Swordsman

dear Tailor

dear Teras kasi  arstist

dear Weaponsmith

Which of the professions is needless like you claim ? please answer. You said half of them ...which  ?

still waiting.

-We finally WON !!!! 2011 $OE accepted that they have been fired 2005 by the playerbase and closed down ridiculous NGE !!

"There was suppression of speech and all kinds of things between disturbing and fascistic." Raph Koster (parted $OE)

Which of the professions is needless? please answer. You said half of them ...which  ?

still waiting.
    Do me a favor and show me where I said "needless".

Typical vet, misquotes where he likes to stir things up.

I said they were broken. I said the system was flawed. I said no one played them correctly. Everee boody wonted to be judeye nite....

Now, on to my 250,000 replies. Yours doesn't count because you misquoted me and didn't correct me.

You need to write something like this

"the profession system pre-NGE was magical. You could be anything you wanted. The combinations were wonderful and I was able to realize my every Star Wars fantasy, you are a bad man for saying otherwise mean old torak"

Or 3 pages of mathmatical goobly gook as to why it was better. The choice is yours, just like the good old days of magical pre-NGE.

• ThunderousThunderous Member Posts: 1,152

Torak plays Lineage II.  There is no reasoning with someone who will pay to put themselves through that kind of grind...

Tecmo Bowl.

Originally posted by Thunderous

Torak plays Lineage II.  There is no reasoning with someone who will pay to put themselves through that kind of grind...

LoL, that was a pathetic reply, what are you in kindergarden? You can do better then that. At least get the game I play right.

Notice, I criticize the game while you resort to mud slinging and personal attacks. Carry on with your fine example.

Which of the professions is needless? please answer. You said half of them ...which  ?

still waiting.

I said they were broken. I said the system was flawed. I said no one played them correctly. Everee boody wonted to be judeye nite....

Now, on to my 250,000 replies. Yours doesn't count because you misquoted me and didn't correct me.

You need to write something like this

"the profession system pre-NGE was magical. You could be anything you wanted. The combinations were wonderful and I was able to realize my every Star Wars fantasy, you are a bad man for saying otherwise mean old torak"

Or 3 pages of mathmatical goobly gook as to why it was better. The choice is yours, just like the good old days of magical pre-NGE.

needless is my interpretation  of  :

You said

"There was no point in having 32 professions"

ok  i ll rework my question,

which of the 32 profession you see no point in having them ? which ? you said half of them . which ?

Originally posted by Thunderous

LoL, that was a pathetic reply, what are you in kindergarden? You can do better then that. At least get the game I play right.

Notice, I criticize the game while you resort to mud slinging and personal attacks. Carry on with your fine example.

Not an insult man just pointing out that you are more suited for NGE gameplay based on the games you play...  Perhaps Pre-CU was just too difficult for you to immerse yourself in??? 

You can't possibly tell me that the NGE and Pre-CU are essentially the same game...  They are 100% opposites with the only good aspects of the NGE being what is leftover from Pre-CU.

Tecmo Bowl.

• CasualMakerCasualMaker Member UncommonPosts: 862

still waiting.

Here is the exact quote:

Obvious hyperbole of course, but you stated that half of the original professions were broken to the point being of completely nonfunctional. Also that 'no one actually "played" them'. Sorry, I must have missed it, but when were you appointed the universal arbiter of the 'correct' way to do things? And no, 'everyone' was not out macro-grinding a Jedi; crafting and healing and music and hunting were much more interesting. The only even remote interest I had in Jedi was for the second slot.

• ummaxummax Member Posts: 779

Lets take a look

Brawler

Entertainer

Marksman

Politician

Scout

dear Architects

dear  armorsmiths

dear Bio engineer

dear Bounty Hunter

dear Carbineer

dear Chef

dear Combat Medic

dear Commando

dear Creature Handler

dear Dancer

dear Doctor

dear Droid engineer

dear Fencer

dear Image Designer

dear Merchant

dear Musician

dear Pikeman

dear Pistoleer

dear  Ranger

dear Rifleman

dear Smuggler

dear Squad leader

dear Swordsman

dear Tailor

dear Teras kasi  arstist

dear Weaponsmith

Which of the professions is needless like you claim ? please answer. You said half of them ...which  ?

still waiting.

this will likely be hard for you to understand but here is the truth

I played master combat medic/ pistoleer and later on master combat medic/rifleman and the profession I left as was BH/rifles

Now the denail in you will say they dont exist any longer half those professions and that is what I thought however you are in fact wrong and so was I.

I play BH/Rfiles now or can play BH/pistols or BH/ carbineer now its all there.

My mcm/Rfiles or MCM/ pistols also still exists :)

See the thing is its still there most if not all of it.  I kow because I have with realizing this respecced my bh/Rfileman combo to COmbat medic/Rifleman and its STILL there

There is only one thing you cannot do now.  Mix a combat proff like say rifles with a crafting proff like armoursmith.   However the bulk of crafters I knew usualy took two of the crafting proffs anyhow

You also can make houses and armour any longer or something like that however as far as combat goes not a lot has changed its only been rearranged.  

Yeah okay watch the flames go now again.. However its still there although right now like in the past there were flavours of the month the best combo for medic is medic/carbines right now.  The best combos for bh seems to be bh/rifle or bh/carbine.

The present jedi is now alpha and not nerfed...

My armoursmith still makes armour but also makes weapons AND mounts :)

/shrugs

I forgot about ranger I'm also that too.  I can put up camps, forage, get hide do all the scout stuff as its a part of every single proff now so there is no way you can't say ranger doesn't exist either cause well it does.  One of the things I do for money is get good hides, bones and meat and sell it.  This was part of the ranger scout tree and ITS still there and I ike doing it too..

Another tough read, ummax just curious but is English your first language?  I can understand if not...

But to the point.  So you're telling me I can log on to my Fencer/Pistoleer?  I can log on and play as my TKM?  Maybe I can even log back on my Ranger too...

Oh wait, no I can't.  I have to play as a respec'd level/class restricted drone.  I don't know how many times this needs to be pointed out but you are simply lying.  Stop trying to mislead people into subbing.  It is just as unethical as SOE secretly developing the NGE for 7 months promising professional revamps to the playerbase the entire time.

Tecmo Bowl.

Originally posted by ummax

Lets take a look

Brawler

Entertainer

Marksman

Politician

Scout

dear Architects

dear  armorsmiths

dear Bio engineer

dear Bounty Hunter

dear Carbineer

dear Chef

dear Combat Medic

dear Commando

dear Creature Handler

dear Dancer

dear Doctor

dear Droid engineer

dear Fencer

dear Image Designer

dear Merchant

dear Musician

dear Pikeman

dear Pistoleer

dear  Ranger

dear Rifleman

dear Smuggler

dear Squad leader

dear Swordsman

dear Tailor

dear Teras kasi  arstist

dear Weaponsmith

still waiting.

I played master combat medic/ pistoleer and later on master combat medic/rifleman and the profession I left as was BH/rifles

Now the denail in you will say they dont exist any longer half those professions and that is what I thought however you are in fact wrong and so was I.

See the thing is its still there most if not all of it.  I kow because I have with realizing this respecced my bh/Rfileman combo to COmbat medic/Rifleman and its STILL there

There is only one thing you cannot do now.  Mix a combat proff like say rifles with a crafting proff like armoursmith.   However the bulk of crafters I knew usualy took two of the crafting proffs anyhow

You also can make houses and armour any longer or something like that however as far as combat goes not a lot has changed its only been rearranged.  

Yeah okay watch the flames go now again.. However its still there although right now like in the past there were flavours of the month the best combo for medic is medic/carbines right now.  The best combos for bh seems to be bh/rifle or bh/carbine.

/shrugs

I forgot about ranger I'm also that too.  I can put up camps, forage, get hide do all the scout stuff as its a part of every single proff now so there is no way you can't say ranger doesn't exist either cause well it does.  One of the things I do for money is get good hides, bones and meat and sell it.  This was part of the ranger scout tree and ITS still there and I ike doing it too..

I can understand maybe more then you can imagine.

What you try is to show that  PRE CU professions are still there and can be found ..thats another story ..

i was asking for what profession to delete, to erase, to get rid of,  from the PRE CU ones i listed given that it was "no point to having half of them"..you wanna give it a try ?

Lets take a look

Brawler

Entertainer

Marksman

Politician

Scout

dear Architects

dear  armorsmiths

dear Bio engineer

dear Bounty Hunter

dear Carbineer

dear Chef

dear Combat Medic

dear Commando

dear Creature Handler

dear Dancer

dear Doctor

dear Droid engineer

dear Fencer

dear Image Designer

dear Merchant

dear Musician

dear Pikeman

dear Pistoleer

dear  Ranger

dear Rifleman

dear Smuggler

dear Squad leader

dear Swordsman

dear Tailor

dear Teras kasi  arstist

dear Weaponsmith

still waiting.

/shrugs

What you try is to show that  PRE CU professions are still there and can be found ..thats another story ..

i was asking for what profession to delete, to erase, to get rid of,  from the PRE CU ones i listed given that it was "no point to having half of them"..you wanna give it a try ?

err why would i delete proffs? sony didn't either? that's the point so no i dont want to give it a try.. and... they all still exist its just been shuffled etc that's also the point.  ITS all STILL there actualy maybe delete smuggler I have never found much of a use for them ... lol but to be honest why remove a proff if someone wants to playit and yeah its stil there.. So i wasnt answering that I was answering the multitude of comments of how we used to have 32 proffs and now only 9 well not realy as most proffs were kind of used to help stack on other proffs and those proffs (mostly things like pistoleer etc ) are in fact still there.. so nothing was removed not even tkm.. swords or any of that.. its still there.. in the entertainer area . So basically the only ones that can't fight is crafters but since most never did anyhow its not much of an issue.
  • p920037p920037 Member Posts: 24

err why would i delete proffs? sony didn't either

So if I log in right now I can create a character that will be a TKA/Master Artisan/Bio-Engineer?

Originally posted by p920037

err why would i delete proffs? sony didn't either

So if I log in right now I can create a character that will be a TKA/Master Artisan/Bio-Engineer?

you can create a tkm /entertainer

and an artisan /bio engineer

actually you can create a tkm/entertainer/bio engineer and an artisan/weaponsmith/bio engineer

is that close enough

?

if you read what I said you would see that :/

and if you read what I said you would see that the only thing you can't do is stack a combat proff on top of a crafting proff which I suppose is why you picked that one single example out of all the possible choices

you can also create a tkm/master enter/politician/bio engineer

or an artisan/weaponsmith/politician/bio engineer

once upon a time those things would not fit into one character and now they do..

Lets take a look

Brawler

Entertainer

Marksman

Politician

Scout

dear Architects

dear  armorsmiths

dear Bio engineer

dear Bounty Hunter

dear Carbineer

dear Chef

dear Combat Medic

dear Commando

dear Creature Handler

dear Dancer

dear Doctor

dear Droid engineer

dear Fencer

dear Image Designer

dear Merchant

dear Musician

dear Pikeman

dear Pistoleer

dear  Ranger

dear Rifleman

dear Smuggler

dear Squad leader

dear Swordsman

dear Tailor

dear Teras kasi  arstist

dear Weaponsmith

still waiting.

/shrugs

err why would i delete proffs? sony didn't either? that's the point so no i dont want to give it a try.. and... they all still exist its just been shuffled etc that's also the point.  ITS all STILL there actualy maybe delete smuggler I have never found much of a use for them ... lol but to be honest why remove a proff if someone wants to playit and yeah its stil there.. So i wasnt answering that I was answering the multitude of comments of how we used to have 32 proffs and now only 9 well not realy as most proffs were kind of used to help stack on other proffs and those proffs (mostly things like pistoleer etc ) are in fact still there.. so nothing was removed not even tkm.. swords or any of that.. its still there.. in the entertainer area . So basically the only ones that can't fight is crafters but since most never did anyhow its not much of an issue.

Understandable why you avoid to give a straight answer you finally a player who don't like to cut possibilities and variations and freedom out and  not a monster like $OE who just did that and decided what profession will live and what will be dead,who's investment was right and who's was a failure,  what will be reamin possible and what will be cut off.

You try to spin the story nothing is lost  in $OE behalf  for a  defense and that is a entirely new subject.

Lets take a look

Brawler

Entertainer

Marksman

Politician

Scout

dear Architects

dear  armorsmiths

dear Bio engineer

dear Bounty Hunter

dear Carbineer

dear Chef

dear Combat Medic

dear Commando

dear Creature Handler

dear Dancer

dear Doctor

dear Droid engineer

dear Fencer

dear Image Designer

dear Merchant

dear Musician

dear Pikeman

dear Pistoleer

dear  Ranger

dear Rifleman

dear Smuggler

dear Squad leader

dear Swordsman

dear Tailor

dear Teras kasi  arstist

dear Weaponsmith

still waiting.

/shrugs

Understandable why you avoid to give a straight answer you finally a player who don't like to cut possibilities and variations and freedom out and  not a monster like $OE who just did that and decided what profession will live and what will be dead, what will possible and what will be cut off.

You try to spin the story nothing is lost  instead for defense and that is a entirely new subject.

that was a straigh forward answer and it still the same since the last time i wrote it you just dont like the answer sorry about that.. 

I'm sorry my straigh forward answer is the proffs are not gone and I would not want to see them gone didn't work on you but that is the answer and that is the truth.  THEY ARE STIL THERE and they are not gone and I can still play my mcm/rifleman and I didn't want to see it gone and ITS NOT GONE. 

"a rose by any other name is still a rose" just cause they changed a few names and switched a few things around doesn't mean they are gone.. its not that hard really

oh yeah smuggler i would like to see gone I missed that part so i can repeat it if you like as it was always a pretty much useless proff ..

how many times should one repeat the same answer to you?

Lets take a look

Brawler

Entertainer

Marksman

Politician

Scout

dear Architects

dear  armorsmiths

dear Bio engineer

dear Bounty Hunter

dear Carbineer

dear Chef

dear Combat Medic

dear Commando

dear Creature Handler

dear Dancer

dear Doctor

dear Droid engineer

dear Fencer

dear Image Designer

dear Merchant

dear Musician

dear Pikeman

dear Pistoleer

dear  Ranger

dear Rifleman

dear Smuggler

dear Squad leader

dear Swordsman

dear Tailor

dear Teras kasi  arstist

dear Weaponsmith

still waiting.

/shrugs

Understandable why you avoid to give a straight answer you finally a player who don't like to cut possibilities and variations and freedom out and  not a monster like $OE who just did that and decided what profession will live and what will be dead, what will possible and what will be cut off.

You try to spin the story nothing is lost  instead for defense and that is a entirely new subject.

that was a straigh forward answer and it still the same since the last time i wrote it you just dont like the answer sorry about that.. 

I'm sorry my straigh forward answer is the proffs are not gone and I would not want to see them gone didn't work on you but that is the answer and that is the truth.  THEY ARE STIL THERE and they are not gone and I can still play my mcm/rifleman and I didn't want to see it gone and ITS NOT GONE. 

"a rose by any other name is still a rose" just cause they changed a few names and switched a few things around doesn't mean they are gone.. its not that hard really

umm if all was there and is still there why the need to change it ?

umm if all was there and is still there why the need to change it ?

has it really changed ? or just been simplified a bit due to the fact that it was a huge clunky system meant for jedi to grind that served no real purpose but to take up extra space in the manner that it was created?

oh yeah why are you now not satisfied with the answer that I gave you three times? change your mine? too straight forward?

or are we gonna play more silly games.. you can't have it both ways and your attempting to play all sides of a fence in order to twist words

they are not gone they are there just the titles are gone all the skills exist within the remaining templates its not that hard to understand but it appears you dont understand it..

ummax, are you being serious????

Do you ACTUALLY think the game is essentially the same?  I really hope for your sake you don't believe your own lies lmao...

First of all, NO, we cannot log on to SWG and player our TKM, our Fencers, our Creature Handlers, our Rangers, our Politicians, and so on and so on.

There are 9, count them 9, "iconic" classes now.  Not 32. 

It's not even close to being the same.  SWG NGE and SWG Pre-CU could not be any more different.  One is like WoW, one is a sandbox.  Are you really serious about this, can you be this illogical?

Baffliing-

Tecmo Bowl.