Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

come back in 10 years

nomadiannomadian Member Posts: 3,490

Thats what I'm thinking. I'm looking at all these new mmos, and they're just all the same, with not any real exciting prospects coming along either. So, 10 years time maybe mmos may have made a blockbuster title that will push forward the mmo genre..

Comments

• CzzarreCzzarre Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 3,742

I wager not even Blizzard thought that WoW would set the standards for 'Blockbuster' MMO when they developed it. They probably expected 2 million tops in their wildest dreams.

Fact is you just dont know whats going to be the next big thing.

• nomadiannomadian Member Posts: 3,490

Sorry maybe Blockbuster wrong term to use. I'm not going on about titles that sell lots, which my stupidy used term blockbuster implies. But, I'm meaning mmorpgs that will be special, that will be distinct, that will be 'wow, this is amazing feeling' to play, that will maybe provide the experience a single player game can and does. I look at all these upcomming mmos videos and they all are limited, limited maybe by technology?, they look perhaps 'nerdastic' (which is probably an ironic term to use considering I've been playing mmos all these years- but you look at them from a third-person and you shockingly realize). I want to look at a video and think I want to play that game- nothing coming out makes me think that- just more of the same.