Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Lord of the Rings Online for 10 bucks

gillvane1gillvane1 Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,503

I got an email offer to buy LOTRO for 10 bucks, and then it's only 10 bucks a month to play. I played the beta and wasn't really impressed, but I just think that's a pretty good offer. A year old MMORPG for only 10 bucks, when the box usually costs 50 bucks, and only 10 bucks a month, when the usual AAA title is 15 bucks a month.

Comments

• bobfishbobfish Member UncommonPosts: 1,679

Legit offer? There are a lot of scammers out there, though if it's genuine, I'd say give it a go.

• lekizlekiz Member Posts: 171

Not sure about that, but I know you can get the digital download of LotRO for $10, via promo code in their online store. Now, $10/mo, I'm not sure. You might want to contact Turbine about that?

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,011

Originally posted by gillvane1

I got an email offer to buy LOTRO for 10 bucks, and then it's only 10 bucks a month to play. I played the beta and wasn't really impressed, but I just think that's a pretty good offer. A year old MMORPG for only 10 bucks, when the box usually costs 50 bucks, and only 10 bucks a month, when the usual AAA title is 15 bucks a month.

Well, keep in mind that game has grown quite a bit since beta. This is from someone who was in closed beta as well as open beta.

However, if it was the gameplay that you didn't like (more casual) then that hasn't changed.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • gillvane1gillvane1 Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,503

Originally posted by bobfish

Legit offer? There are a lot of scammers out there, though if it's genuine, I'd say give it a go.

I have no questions that it's a legit offer. It's the same contact from when I was in beta. I don't know if it's just for former beta testers, or theres' some similar offer to the general public, or what. I just thought it was a very good deal for a triple A title. If more MMORPGs were in this price range, they'd probably get a lot more subscribers. Who can't afford 10 bucks for the box, and 10 bucks a month? A decent single player game costs 50 bucks, and often you're done with it in a month.

• ghoul31ghoul31 Member Posts: 1,955

With AOC about to come out , why would you get LOTRO?

• SniviusSnivius Member Posts: 39

Yes, the subscription price of $9.99 a month is a legit special they're running right now at the one-year anniversary of the game.

It's worth playing until you exhaust the content if you like the whole Tolkien genre.  At this price, it's really pennies per hour of gameplay.

Sniv

• Rayx0rRayx0r Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 2,902

$9.99 only applies if you subscribe for multi-months.  Single month subscription is still $14.99

“"If you want a picture of the future, imagine a robot foot stomping on a human face -- forever."
  • Rayx0rRayx0r Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 2,902

Originally posted by ghoul31

some of us (myself included) dont limit ourselves to a single game. 

I currently subscribe to 3 games and will be picking up AoC as well.  I may cancel one of my subs, but at least 2 of them will stay active.

“"If you want a picture of the future, imagine a robot foot stomping on a human face -- forever."
  • CzzarreCzzarre Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 3,742

Yep, its true. LOTRO has done this several times in the past as well. If you think about it, LOTRO the game is free, you just pay subscriptions.

• rev_lazarorev_lazaro Member Posts: 270

Originally posted by ghoul31

How about the fact some of us really don't give a rats ass about a game until after it's been released, patched. and all the hype kiddies leave?

I loved LOTRO in Beta and I've played the trials off and on, and just now got around to investing in a subscription for it. Glad I waited.

So I'll probably try AoC.....next year?

If it's still around and not a Tabula Rasa?