Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is it possible to play on an EU server with a US version?

seldinseldin Member UncommonPosts: 196

I have a alot of EU friends who play but i not sure i am able to play with them.  I really dislike the hoops i have to jump though to play with my friends.  I do not really understand the neeed for segregated servers by regions.

Comments

• TeiraaTeiraa Member UncommonPosts: 447

Not possible. And yes, it's bad.

• LarsaLarsa Member Posts: 990

Originally posted by seldin

I have a alot of EU friends who play but i not sure i am able to play with them.  I really dislike the hoops i have to jump though to play with my friends.  I do not really understand the neeed for segregated servers by regions.
    You cannot use the US version to connect to a European server, you can however use the European client in the US to connect to the European servers (I'm playing on an European server and have kinmates from the US and Australia). Easiest method to get the European client is to download the European trial version from any number of sites.

Next thing needed is a European retail key, easiest method is to have one of your friends buy a (discounted) retail box and mail you the key. Subscription can be payed either by having your friends buy a time card and mailing you the key or by paying via paypal.

As for servers per region there are drawbacks but also a number of advantages:

- localised versions of the client (French and German language clients for LotRO for example)

- official server languages (French and German language servers for example)

- less ping for most of the players

- common prime time.

Good luck.

I maintain this List of Sandbox MMORPGs. Please post or send PM for corrections and suggestions.