Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How would you react

DailyBuzzDailyBuzz Member Posts: 2,306

if you found out that George W. Bush, President of the U.S.A. was a member of your MMO gaming guild? Not only that but several members of his Secret Service guard detail also were in your MMO guild...and they spent A LOT of time playing.

Comments

• BakoryoBakoryo Member UncommonPosts: 469

Originally posted by DailyBuzz

if you found out that George W. Bush, President of the U.S.A. was a member of your MMO gaming guild? Not only that but several members of his Secret Service guard detail also were in your MMO guild...and they spent A LOT of time playing.

I'd levae and kill his sorry ass.

This thread was kinda.. meh. Trollish :/

The speed of the mole and the power of steel is my weapon

• daylight01daylight01 Member Posts: 2,250

If they could play and avoid wipe's what's the problem?

Also if they didnt mind a drunk Scotsman on TS on a friday night they would be more than welcome.

If someone had came up to me in 1980 when I was on my Atari 2600 and said we will be playing games with thousands of people at the same time.I guess my response would have been,"but I only have 2 joysticks"

http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/235780/page/8

• De4th_M0nKeeDe4th_M0nKee Member Posts: 203

Originally posted by Bakoryo

I'd levae and kill his sorry ass.

This thread was kinda.. meh. Trollish :/

How is it trollish? /shrug Seems like a straight forward question...kinda an odd one though.

I personally wouldn't care if Mr. Bush could play well.

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Give a fish a man and he will eat for a month!

• mike470mike470 General CorrespondentMember Posts: 2,396

I'd kick them out.  If I wasn't the leader, I'd quit.  Although it would probably be easy to spot it was G.W., since that level of stupidity isn't easily overlooked.

• ItzcoliuhquiItzcoliuhqui Member Posts: 94

I have no problem whatsoever playing George-O(That's what I call him). The guys a great commander in chief for raids and such... Once it took us just 4 years to complete Positron TF(That's what we play... CoH). Now... To be fair, Positron is a veeeeeery long TF.

The Anti Social Gamer

• fmaalexfmaalex Member UncommonPosts: 87

Originally posted by mike470

I'd kick them out.  If I wasn't the leader, I'd quit.  Although it would probably be easy to spot it was G.W., since that level of stupidity isn't easily overlooked.

You'll be surprised how many stupid people you can find on the interweb =p

Just look into Rohan Online's forums, its like dumbkids'r'us

• CavadusCavadus Member UncommonPosts: 707

I wouldn't care because I'm not a pretentious asshole who think it's in vogue to speak on political issues I know dick about.

And no, I'm not a Bush fan.  I'm a Libertarian.

• TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,164

Well they would probably be in a Carebear role play guild so it wouldn't bother me any.

SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• ViennanViennan Member Posts: 27

/gkick

And then ring Fox.

• melmoth1melmoth1 Member Posts: 762

Man I would love to play with the Bush-man for the same reason I would love to play with Leeroy Jenkins.

Regards

Melmoth

• TheGreyManTheGreyMan Member Posts: 325

il stick i fireball up his ass

• bartoni33bartoni33 Member RarePosts: 2,044
    Originally posted by Itzcoliuhqui

I have no problem whatsoever playing George-O(That's what I call him). The guys a great commander in chief for raids and such...

Well..as long,as in RL ,Cheney is telling him what to do he MIGHT do OK. Although he would prolly emote /Mission Accomplished! too soon and Fark everything up!

Bartoni's Law definition: As an Internet discussion grows volatile, the probability of a comparison involving Donald Trump approaches 1.

• paulscottpaulscott Member Posts: 5,613

I wouldn't find out since RL stuff is something that is supposed to be left behind.  The only thing you take with you is your personality, maturity, and knowledge... even then people decide to leave that behind for some reason.

I find it amazing that by 2020 first world countries will be competing to get immigrants.

• katriellkatriell Member UncommonPosts: 977

I only join guilds that are small and RP-oriented, therefore these implications would exist:
    - George W. Bush and several members of his Secret Service guard detail are roleplayers.
    - George W. Bush and several members of his Secret Service guard detail are my acquaintances or friends.

I'd be quite surprised and would have a lot of philosophical pondering to do.

xD

-----------
    In memory of Laura "Taera" Genender. Passed away on August 13, 2008.

• HvymetalHvymetal Member Posts: 355
    Originally posted by tillamook

Well they would probably be in a Carebear role play guild so it wouldn't bother me any.

Somehow I doubt it......

• TorakTorak Member Posts: 4,905

Well....since they are there, I would convince them that the horde had weapons of mass destruction, cause an invasion, civil strife and destablize just about everything from market prices of resources to world food supplies.

Then reveal we are really working for the Goblins. Build a new "Economic City" of Gadettstan ( or however you spell it) with the most modern and luxurious amenities. Retire wealthy in game at level 1 selling wood and copper to both warring factions at outragous prices.

(It might seem kinda grindy to Mr Bush though as he's done that sort of thing a couple of times...hehehe)

• ArbadacarbaArbadacarba Member Posts: 304

Bush would roll a night elf and then beat the night elf king in an election.  He would claim that he needs to take away everyones' gaming rights so he can catch the horde terrorist.  He will listen in on all the horde and alliance private messages.  There will be an assault on the orc capital for 2 years with the objective of finding the weapons of mass destruction.  Bush will claim "mission accomplished" and five years later the alliance will still be at war in the orc capital. 

• AdamantineAdamantine Member RarePosts: 5,085

I would try to get him on every KoS list of every guild in the game.

And Cheney too, if that guy plays as well.

Secret Service doesnt matter though, why did you bring those guys up at all ?

Originally posted by Torak

Well....since they are there, I would convince them that the horde had weapons of mass destruction, [...]

Where was WoW mentioned by the OP ?

And no, you wouldnt be able to convince them the horde has weapons of mass destruction. Thats HIS lie and HIS excuse. You dont seriously believe he believed that himself ? He has openly and officially said now that it was made up.

• ItzcoliuhquiItzcoliuhqui Member Posts: 94
    Originally posted by Adamantine

I would try to get him on every KoS list of every guild in the game.
    And Cheney too, if that guy plays as well.
    Secret Service doesnt matter though, why did you bring those guys up at all ?

What's with all the George-O hate? Let him enjoy the game, if you took some time to know him... You'd probably like him. He's a very funny guy.

The Anti Social Gamer

• TorakTorak Member Posts: 4,905
    Originally posted by Adamantine

Originally posted by Torak

Well....since they are there, I would convince them that the horde had weapons of mass destruction, [...]

Where was WoW mentioned by the OP ?

And no, you wouldnt be able to convince them the horde has weapons of mass destruction. Thats HIS lie and HIS excuse. You dont seriously believe he believed that himself ? He has openly and officially said now that it was made up.

Lighten up man, its called sarcasim.

• TeimanTeiman Member Posts: 1,319

MMORPG are games for housewives, unemployed people and true core RPGers. Not for people with hugue responsabilities. I will try to be rational, check that are doing his homework, and not playing too much hours.

Anyway ... I count with the experience of having Jesus in my guild.