Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Among the greatest MMO's of all time, wont die soon.

Player_420Player_420 Member Posts: 686

The community has been awesome since the server restarts, and it truly feels just like the old days again.

Of course everyone is excited for all the new MMO's coming out (myself included) but I know that everyone will still play shadowbane, because it truly is one of the greatest, most innovative MMO's ever made.

And I know im not the only one out there who thinks the old school graphics, and unique MMO gameplay is much better then most MMO's these days.

Shadowbane wont be a ghost town, you'll see :P

I play all ghame

Comments

• mbrandybuckmbrandybuck Member Posts: 75

Originally posted by Player_420

The community has been awesome since the server restarts, and it truly feels just like the old days again.
    Of course everyone is excited for all the new MMO's coming out (myself included) but I know that everyone will still play shadowbane, because it truly is one of the greatest, most innovative MMO's ever made.
    And I know im not the only one out there who thinks the old school graphics, and unique MMO gameplay is much better then most MMO's these days.
    Too late.

It died years ago, and is only around now because it's free to play.

Greatest game of all time? Not hardly.

Do you enjoy it? Yes, probably. But the fact that people find it enjoyable, doesn't make it the greatest game of all time. Hardcore pvpers will always continue to play virtually anything, crappy or not, that has ffa pvp and corpse looting. It will always attract gamers who enjoy that, and that's fine. I say if you enjoy that style of play, then go for it and have a good time.

But again. That's doesn't qualify it as the greatest game of all time. That's just silly.

• -Zeno--Zeno- Member CommonPosts: 1,298

Greatest game of all time was Ultima Online before Trammel.  Now, the only good MMORPG is Shadowbane.

The definition of insanity: doing the same thing over and over expecting different results.

• Mimimi_RuMimimi_Ru Member Posts: 41

I pretty much agree, shadowbane and guild wars are the only "decent" mmorpgs. Both have their flaws but they have something the other games dont.

Shadowbane in the way of  FFA PVP and open field non-instanced game play. Guild Wars in the "all around" sense ...meaning it offers well rounded pve and pvp and finding a "good" guild really opens things up in both games.

Being free monthly doesnt hurt either.

MIMI

• Player_420Player_420 Member Posts: 686

Originally posted by mbrandybuck

Originally posted by Player_420

Too late.

It died years ago, and is only around now because it's free to play.

Greatest game of all time? Not hardly.

Do you enjoy it? Yes, probably. But the fact that people find it enjoyable, doesn't make it the greatest game of all time. Hardcore pvpers will always continue to play virtually anything, crappy or not, that has ffa pvp and corpse looting. It will always attract gamers who enjoy that, and that's fine. I say if you enjoy that style of play, then go for it and have a good time.

But again. That's doesn't qualify it as the greatest game of all time. That's just silly.

Well in my opinion its AMONG or ONE of the greatest games of all time, for many reasons to me.

These reasons are:

Class / race system - with the lore incorporated perfectly

and of course the gameplay is just 100% top notch in my opinion as far as MMO's go. (closest thing to pre tram UO) and if anyone knows my posts, I compare everything to pre tram UO...because pre tram UO was...oh so great :P

Shadowbane offers so much that sooo many MMORPG's dont, by far among the greatest MMO's of all time indeed! Long live Shadowbane

I play all ghame

• ShadowJ1ShadowJ1 Member Posts: 2

oh wow they reset all the servers... and a full wipe ..

before wow I had one of every class max level including the last xpac usto pay per month I do miss the gameplay although travel sucked ass in this game.

I must say this was a great game awesome races classes and pvp I loved it.

Its a shame they did that I wouldnt play again since its wiped.

• bsmith239bsmith239 Member Posts: 108

If I download it what is the best server and are guilds recruiting?

I am a forum troll hunter. Be afraid trolls, very afraid!

• Player_420Player_420 Member Posts: 686

Originally posted by ShadowJ1

oh wow they reset all the servers... and a full wipe ..
    before wow I had one of every class max level including the last xpac usto pay per month I do miss the gameplay although travel sucked ass in this game.
    I must say this was a great game awesome races classes and pvp I loved it.
    Its a shame they did that I wouldnt play again since its wiped.

I understand how you feel, but the server wipe has been a really positive thing for the game.

Maybe try it out?

I play all ghame