Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

so gta 4

So I went out and bought GTA4 after college today.  It seems nice, but the problem is it keep freezing up after less than 10 minutes of gameplay.  Now my 360 has never had any problems before so I think it is probably just a defective copy of GTA4.  The ring didn't turn red or anything so I don't think it is the 360.  Anyone else have this trouble?

Anyway, one cool thing I saw in my few minutes of gameplay, I stole a car and the driver grabbed on to the door as I was driving off and he just hanged there.  I dragged him around for awhile then I smashed him into another car and he fell off.  I just thought it was cool he could hang onto the car.  Also, I thought the physics were a little better.

Your mind is like a parachute, it's only useful when it's open.
Don't forget, you can use the block function on trolls.

Comments

• ThriftThrift Member Posts: 1,783

I couple of people are having this problem on the xbox fourms and some are say that if you have an older xbox its about to get the RRoD because the GPU cant handle GTA4 but then again I read that it was a game problem and there working on releasing a patch to fix it. So your best bet is try to replace the copy if you can, and if there is still a problem it may be your xbox. Lurk the xbox fourms and see what you can find also.

• Par-SalianPar-Salian Member Posts: 284

I'm glad I read this post!  I was just about to go out and get GT4 (which I hope is a lot better than San Andreas) for my 360.  I think I'll wait for a little while and see if I hear some more positive comments are posted.

• Entreri28Entreri28 Member Posts: 589

My xobox is one of the newer versions supposedly.  Anyway, I returned GTA 4 and got the ps3 version and I still have the same problem.  So apparently it is also ps3 versions.

Your mind is like a parachute, it's only useful when it's open.
    Don't forget, you can use the block function on trolls.

• Rikimaru_XRikimaru_X Member UncommonPosts: 11,718

I haven't gotten such a problem yet and I've been playing for a good 3 hours or more.

-In memory of Laura "Taera" Genender. Passed away on Aug/13/08-
    |
    RISING DRAGOON ~AION US ONLINE LEGION for Elyos

• ThriftThrift Member Posts: 1,783

Ya I see ps3 are also having a freezing problem too, its working fine for me so far played about 2 hours worth. Im not sure if Rockstar made an offical word on the freezing?