Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

5 Things that do not make sense in this game

Hello all,

I have played this game more then most of you here. I have literally done it all and then some. I am ready for a new game and am hoping either Age of Conan or Warhammer is so good and draws so many subscribers from LOTRO that it literally motivates the developers to pull their heads out and work on the facets of this game which could greatily improve things for everyone involved. Here is a lost of 5 things which have boggled my mind as to why they have not been addressed appropriately.

1) CROWD CONTROL http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crowd_control_(MMORPG) :

There is so much freakin crowd control in this game it totally trivializes PvE and ruins Monster Play; Root, Stun, Mezmerize, Daze, Fear, Trap, Knockdown. Some of the aforementioned can be removed with potions or certain counter crowd control skills but there is so much freakin crowd control you can instantly be crowd controlled right after you got out of crowd control. Sure there is a stun immunity timer but there is no root immunity timer. Lets say they put a root immunity timer in for sake of arguement, this will hardly help matters as there are other forms of movement inhibitors; There are so many freakin different types of snares and slows that I would form another paragraph to include them. What is utterly inane is that they can be stacked to the point where a Mob, Player character, NPC, Monster Player can be practically rooted or moving soooo slow they might as well be rooted. The developers couldn't care freakin less about this facet of crowd control. I must not forget Lull or Distract...a Lulled mob could stay that way for hours upon hours which is totally rediculous. How about we got some sense and sensibility and balance all this freakin crowd control already?!?

One of the worst forms of crowd control is the Conjunction: Not only does it incapacite and  one cannot move nor act whatsoever and get to wait until the group decides what type of conjunction to use. One tactic in Player vs Monster Player is to not put in any conjunctions per say but to simply attack you during the entire time your incapacitated.

One of the developers named Orion wants 10second maximum on all forms of crowd control, then 5seconds on next and then total immunity to that form of crowd control attack which I think is awesome. Makes total sense to me. To all of you pansies who are crying about it affecting PvE..it should affect every facet of this easy mode game! I have alot of compassion for these poor helpless Mobs which are dispatched so easily, their lives snuffed out without even being able to shine for more then mere moments because of all this freakin crowd control!!

I hope I provided some clarification concerning all the freakin CROWD CONTROL!!!

2) SWIMMING UNDERWATER

You can jump in and splash as you dip underneath the surface of water and instantly bob back up to the surface, but you cannot swim underwater. You can look into the depths of the water even while swimming across a vast body of water (Evendim) but you cannot swim underwater. You can see the bottom of the lake, pond, river, etc...but you cannot swim underwater. Daegol swam underwater to get the ONE RING, but you cannot swim underwater. Now you can fish underwater, but you cannot swim underwater. So many MMORPGs I have played where I can swim underwater which really added to the immersiveness of the game but in Lord of the Rings Online you cannot swim underwater! It could easily be included but they want to wait and make you anticipate it...but I am tired of waiting and anticipating. This is one of the facets I really enjoyed in other MMORPGs. I still do not understand to this day why they did not include underwater swimming at launch.

For those of you who do not enjoy spending the time to read through a paragraph. YOU CANNOT SWIM UNDERWATER IN LORD OF THE RINGS ONLINE!

3) BURGLARS

I do admit I enjoy playing Creeps in Monster Play and I have really tried to fathom the Burglar class. In most other MMORPGs rogue/thief type classes are weak when exposed but strong when stealthed and behind the target, not in Lord of the Rings Online. A Burglar in Lord of the Rings Online is insanely overpowered. Burglars can fight on the front lines of any raid without even breaking a sweat. They are better front line melee fighters then Guardians (the tank class) and Champions (the dps heavy armo melee class). Burglars can riddle any humanoid in combat for 30seconds if they are not damaged or it is not removed. Can someone explain to me how anything in combat is going to be mezmerized by some riddle out of their adversaries mouth? I could literally dedicate an entire forum thread of many paragraphs as to why Burglars are overpowered but I will simply list some of the skills which allow them to be so insanely overpowered; http://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Burglar (there that was easy enough). What is worse then one Burglar? More then one Burglar cause they can stack everything and they are all insanely overpowered. Maybe someone can expand on how powerful a burglar is but I do not play one though many times I am fighting one or more. Ask any Monster Player who is the hardest to kill freep and they will all shout, "BURGLARS"!

Only in Lord of the Rings Online will you ever see a rogue/thief type class own better then any front line melee fighter in any MMORPG. If you want to own Monster Players in PvMP without dying simple powerlevel a burglar and pwn face!

4) LACK OF FUN FACTOR

Why was SIMs Online so popular? Cause it was immersive and had plenty of fun factor. Finally with Book 13 Turbine decides to add fishing and everyone is going nutz over it. Ok so I log into Lord of the Rings Online and I ask myself what to do. Since I have completed all the book quests (even book 13) and did all my class and virtue deeds I need to figure out what else there is to do. Raided all the major raid content which got old really quick and I have the best gear combination possible in my opinion there is nothing else to do there, so what else is there to do. I could craft but I am 3 grandmaster crafter and the best crafted gear is either already equipped or not good enough to even bother crafting so what else is there to do. I could do out and do PvMP but I have done that ad nauseum and its simply one freakin zone and with all the freakin crowd control and zerging going on it gets old fast. What to do, what to do, what to do...oh wow they added fishing and ya its fun, its really fun now that they also added audio sliders to divide ambient (nature sounds) from everything and combat sounds as well. I can fish and relax with my buddies listening to all the cool nature sounds, how relaxing. This is one hobbie (as they call it) and its been a long time coming with alot of demand for it and it took Turbine one year to release this easy to impliment immersive fun factor filled thing to do. Anyone ever watch the movies? The fireworks in this game are a freakin joke compared to the fireworks in the movie and as explained in the books. Drinking or getting drunk in this game pales in comparison to what I have experienced in other games. Lord of the Rings Online is a casual players dream game cept it is missing one essential but huge part of a casual players wetdream...lots of fun things to do.

For the unimaginative here are fun things which could EASILY be implimented: Kite making/flying kites/fighting kites, killing game animals/making food/taxidermy (some of which is implimented), more drunk effects which make you lose control/attack others/blackout/miscast,etc..., gadget making/inventions/novelties, pets for everyone, gardening/gardens at house, boatmaking/sailing, etc...

Right now they got farming (tedius) , crafting (pve lewt is always better), smoking pipeweed (hardly anyone does it), playing instruments (which is somewhat entertaining but again hardly anyone does it), some drunk effects (too few), fishing as aforementioned, and I might have overlooked something but I doubt it.

This is a casual players game make it more casual player fun!

5) INDUCTION TIMER COMMON SENSE

Over 9 years ago there was a gain released which was called EVERQUEST. In this game you could build up concentration which allowed you to attack through attacks and cast through attacks. Please impliment this in Lord of the Rings Online as we are all sick and tired of watching the induction bar constantly recycling every single time we get hit. Instead impliment induction timer interruptions on a balanced timer for each class so they can use them every once in a while. I could understand critical hits possibly affecting the induction timer but not every single freakin hit. Personally if I had it my way there would be no induction timer interruption unless it was a skill which would not always be effective. That way players could attack and counter attack, etc..smoothly without issue and be able to perform, thrive, perservere and overcome greater challenges. Instead we have Induction timers constantly recycling and getting interrupted and all the freakin crowd control which severely inhibits the enjoyment of gameplay for all involved.  If you reduce crowd control as per Orion's suggestion and impliment this for induction timers much will be balanced accordingly.

PLEASE MAKE IT SO.

I am tired and having been working on this post for quite some time now. I hope a developer gets a chance to look at this as I highly doubt the suggestion forum on their official forums really gets much notice. Either way we have some major titles coming to the forefront and certainly will take alot of subscribers from Lord of the Rings Online and other MMORPGs. You would be quite amazed at what a failing MMORPG development team will do when they see the numbers diminishing rather rapidly.

Comments

• xenogiasxenogias Member Posts: 1,926

Some of this I agree with but what I cannot agree with is asking to change things for monster play. Enjoy it or not if you are into LOTRO as you claim you would know that PvMP was thrown in at the last second and was never a major part of the game. All it is is something to keep the PvPers around untill AoC, WAR, or if its ever released darkfall. Burgs are alittle overpowered in PvE but if its PvE who really cares? LOTRO is widely known as the easiest MMO on the market right now and IMO Turbine would have to change the game completely to change that.

I was a big supporter of LOTRO and still dont have much bad to say about it even though I have since moved on. Like you I have done just about everything there is to do and I enjoyed it while it lasted. However book 12 just showed me that it wasnt going to go the direction I was hoping so I have since moved on. I would guess you may want to do the same. Minor changes will be made to improve it I'm sure but the core of the game is there and doing verry well for the core of the players so I do not see major aspects changing that would need to.

• Blazer6992Blazer6992 Member UncommonPosts: 642

If you don't mind grouping for every single thing you have to do, then it's a very good game. But that's not for me, I left after two months, I had to form a group just to go take a piss behind a tree, I'm not a groupie.

• FikusOfAhaziFikusOfAhazi Member Posts: 1,835

Having a rough time with your monster in the ettens?

See you in the dream..
    The Fires from heaven, now as cold as ice. A rapid ascension tolls a heavy price.

• WSIMikeWSIMike Member Posts: 5,564

I see what look like some reasonable complaints in there... Too bad the self-edifying, egotistical and condescending tone of their delivery all but completely obscures them.

Starting out with an opening statement...

I have played this game more then most of you here.

Seriously. 

It basically says "I know and am better at this game than most of you here.. so I'm right, and you're wrong if you disagree". That's a sure way to make sure everything said afterward is given less credibility.

A: You don't know how much everyone here has played.

B: No matter how much you've played... everything that comes after it in terms of your perception of it is just that.. *your personal perception* of it. Opinion. Not fact. (funny how often that comes up)

Then there's this statement:

To all of you pansies who are crying about it affecting PvE..

Pre-emptively referring to people as "pansies" before anyone's even had a chance to respond. I'd call that "Strike Two".

I'm not even going to bother with the rest of the post... other than to say that the question I kept asking myself the entire time was this...

With all that you, by your own say-so, have accomplished in the game... Why complain now? I mean.. It obviously was good enough for you to "do it all and then some", get 3 Grand Masters and on and on...  Only *now* you're finding the game so horribly flawed? I'd think that at least some of those things would have raised your ire long before now... were you really so concerned about them, that is.

What it seems to me is this... You've gotten through the game, done all this stuff and now want Turbine to change it all around for you, so you can be entertained again.

... Not gonna happen.

Maybe Warhammer or Age of Conan will "get it right" - at least until you've "done it all and then some" in either of those games and then find and post about all their terrible flaws.

"If you just step away for a sec you will clearly see all the pot holes in the road,
    and the cash shop selling asphalt..."
    - Mimzel on F2P/Cash Shops

• IllyrianIllyrian Member Posts: 300

Originally posted by Kuanshu

*long post* 

Short translation - I am a PvP player in PvE game and I don't like the fact the game shows no intentions of becoming PvP centric game and catering to PvPers first. I also have some other minor complaints.

Did I miss something?

• DonnieBrascoDonnieBrasco Member Posts: 1,757

Originally posted by Illyrian

*long post* 

Short translation - I am a PvP player in PvE game and I don't like the fact the game shows no intentions of becoming PvP centric game and catering to PvPers first. I also have some other minor complaints.

Did I miss something?

Nope, pretty much included everything the OP said. Well done :)

DB

Denial makes one look a lot dumber than he/she actually is.

• DonnieBrascoDonnieBrasco Member Posts: 1,757

"     I have played this game more then most of you here. I have literally done it all and then some."

Right now they got farming (tedius) , crafting (pve lewt is always better),

Oh well, this is the perfect "kicking of oneself in the balls".

If you really think that PVE loot (!) is always better than crafted, than I doubt you have played LOTRO *at all*. Not to mention "more than most of us out here".

Dude, you lost this, plain and simple.

DB

Denial makes one look a lot dumber than he/she actually is.

Originally posted by DonnieBrasco

"     I have played this game more then most of you here. I have literally done it all and then some."

Right now they got farming (tedius) , crafting (pve lewt is always better),

Oh well, this is the perfect "kicking of oneself in the balls".

If you really think that PVE loot (!) is always better than crafted, than I doubt you have played LOTRO *at all*. Not to mention "more than most of us out here".

Dude, you lost this, plain and simple.

DB

Well.. .he does have a point... You can't swim underwater (yet). And that being such a critical element to the game - despite there being so much to do *above* water... I guess he wins. The whole game is a farce. The haters are right. We should cancel our accounts...

:-p

Seriously...

I'll acknowledge that being able to swim underwater would be *nice*... but again... did it stop him from playing as much as he did, getting 3 GMs and all that? Apparently not. Nor has it hindered anyone else I know of... So... I guess it's just not that big a deal.

Like I said in the first post - since he's allegedly "done it all" and all that - I get the impression that he's simply played himself out on the game and, like so many others, seems to automatically feel that's proof of "something wrong with the game". He's just picked out some things that in a couple cases might have merit, but in others are just convenient things to rant about.

For example...

I have heard numerous complaints of the Burgs in PvMP. It's always for exactly the same reason - that they seem to have an endless array of "get out of Jail free" or "I Win" abilities. Someone in my kin was once in a group of 12 creeps - variously ranked - chasing down *one* Burg... The guy got almost half way across the 'moors before they could take him down. My kin-mate was laughing at how ridiculous it was. And I've heard other complaints as well... So there may very well be something to that; it may warrant some adjustments to creeps abilities to balance it out a bit. They should *not* touch Burgs, nor any class in that context, as they're set up for PvE first.

But that said.. swimming under water? It would be *nice*, but it's not game-breaking. Certainly not a big enough deal to dedicate an entire paragraph of ranting to as though it's a seriously game-breaking flaw. Hell, FFXI has been out over 5 years now and you've never been able to jump or swim under water in that game... It hasn't stopped people from playing it. That said.. You've *never* been able to go underwater in LoTRO - why is the OP only finding it to be horribly game-breaking now? Again.. along with their other complaints, the timing's highly suspect.

Yeah... odd post.

"If you just step away for a sec you will clearly see all the pot holes in the road,

• TeiraaTeiraa Member UncommonPosts: 447

3) BURGLARS
    I do admit I enjoy playing Creeps in Monster Play and I have really tried to fathom the Burglar class. In most other MMORPGs rogue/thief type classes are weak when exposed but strong when stealthed and behind the target, not in Lord of the Rings Online. A Burglar in Lord of the Rings Online is insanely overpowered. Burglars can fight on the front lines of any raid without even breaking a sweat. They are better front line melee fighters then Guardians (the tank class) and Champions (the dps heavy armo melee class). Burglars can riddle any humanoid in combat for 30seconds if they are not damaged or it is not removed. Can someone explain to me how anything in combat is going to be mezmerized by some riddle out of their adversaries mouth? I could literally dedicate an entire forum thread of many paragraphs as to why Burglars are overpowered but I will simply list some of the skills which allow them to be so insanely overpowered; http://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Burglar (there that was easy enough). What is worse then one Burglar? More then one Burglar cause they can stack everything and they are all insanely overpowered. Maybe someone can expand on how powerful a burglar is but I do not play one though many times I am fighting one or more. Ask any Monster Player who is the hardest to kill freep and they will all shout, "BURGLARS"!
    Only in Lord of the Rings Online will you ever see a rogue/thief type class own better then any front line melee fighter in any MMORPG. If you want to own Monster Players in PvMP without dying simple powerlevel a burglar and pwn face!

Hah, nonsense. It is sooo obvious that you never tried the Burglar class. I don't know much about PVP, but I have several high level toons (Minstrel, LM and Burglar), and I can safely say that the Burglar in PVE is (1) by far the weakest of them when soloing and (2) the least wanted of them in a group. Plus Burglars recently got nerfed in PVE for PVP reasons. Pretty bad if you ask me...

• EbonHawkEbonHawk Member Posts: 545

Originally posted by Teiraa

3) BURGLARS

Hah, nonsense. It is sooo obvious that you never tried the Burglar class. I don't know much about PVP, but I have several high level toons (Minstrel, LM and Burglar), and I can safely say that the Burglar in PVE is (1) by far the weakest of them when soloing and (2) the least wanted of them in a group. Plus Burglars recently got nerfed in PVE for PVP reasons. Pretty bad if you ask me...

First off let me start out by saying the OP is imo an arrogant Troll in the way he delivers his opinions in his/her post.

Secondly I have not played PvMP , so I can't speak for how hard/easy it is for the Burg character.  But I do have a level 38 Burg now and must disagree with Teiraa on how difficult it is to play a Burglar.  While it is more difficult to play a Burg from the get go, (it's definitely a thinking persons class), I found the Burg to be an excellent soloist, especially in the later levels.  Their ability to deliver a devastating first strike on their opponent then mez it for several seconds while continuing to do damage and not take any is impressive.  They can also Riddle/mez a secondary target for up to 30 seconds while taking out the first.  And if more adds come along or the battle isn't going well for the Burg.  they have the ability (albeit at a later level) to Hide in Plain Sight,  which puts the Burg in Sneak mode so he/she can walk away from the fight.  Not to mention the Burg also gets a self heal ability.  And lastly the Burglar can sneak his way through multiple creeps to get to his final goal in a specific quest, where as other classes have to fight all the way through.

Anyway just my 2 cents...

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,002

I can't speak to burglars as I've actually seen them do exceptionally well against group mobs so that my Guardian feels a little jealous. Then again, I don't know their ins and outs so perhaps it's one of those deals where they do very well but have a limited time before the sh*t hits the fan. I don't know.

I can't agree with the OP's statment that PvE equipment is better than crafted. I know this was an issue or at least a concern at the start of the game but I've been purchasing player crafted equipment which is better than the PvE stuff... though one could make their way through the game without having to purchase player crafted equipment. I actually think it's a good thing and like the situation as is.

As far as swimming, it would be nice but I don't think it's needed at all. It's not that Turbine doesn't know how to implement this... heck.. DDO has it. But if there are only a few quests that would utilize it, why have it. It's not gamebreaking.

I think what it is is that the op is a pvp player, they spend a great deal of time in game and just have exhausted the gameplay. Time to move on and perhaps come back when Moria hits.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 

Originally posted by Sovrath

I can't speak to burglars as I've actually seen them do exceptionally well against group mobs so that my Guardian feels a little jealous. Then again, I don't know their ins and outs so perhaps it's one of those deals where they do very well but have a limited time before the sh*t hits the fan. I don't know.
    I can't agree with the OP's statment that PvE equipment is better than crafted. I know this was an issue or at least a concern at the start of the game but I've been purchasing player crafted equipment which is better than the PvE stuff... though one could make their way through the game without having to purchase player crafted equipment. I actually think it's a good thing and like the situation as is.
    As far as swimming, it would be nice but I don't think it's needed at all. It's not that Turbine doesn't know how to implement this... heck.. DDO has it. But if there are only a few quests that would utilize it, why have it. It's not gamebreaking.
    I think what it is is that the op is a pvp player, they spend a great deal of time in game and just have exhausted the gameplay. Time to move on and perhaps come back when Moria hits.

Yeah... just last night I got a new bow as a quest reward for one of the book quests.. the "Cuneldor" and it replaced my critted Lebethron bow. I think that's the fourth time since I started playing that I've replaced a crafted item with a quest reward one.

• TeiraaTeiraa Member UncommonPosts: 447

Originally posted by EbonHawk

Secondly I have not played PvMP , so I can't speak for how hard/easy it is for the Burg character.  But I do have a level 38 Burg now and must disagree with Teiraa on how difficult it is to play a Burglar.  While it is more difficult to play a Burg from the get go, (it's definitely a thinking persons class), I found the Burg to be an excellent soloist, especially in the later levels. 

Yes, they can solo well, but I found Minstrels and LMs can solo better. If you get 3 even-con mobs, the Burglar has already quite some difficulties, especially if they are non-humanoid. Touch and Go helps, but it has a 5 min timer.

The LM just can mez 1 of them, and the 2nd after 15 seconds, or root them all, so everything is very straightforward.

The Minstrel can just kill slowly and keep herself healed. Not too hard.

And against elite mobs with high health, the Burglar also has problems, because there is no ability to sustain a long fight (except maybe if you use mischief and perma-riddle to get yourself healed, but doesn't work on all mobs either...).

Of course all classes have their strengths and weaknesses..

• unsane13unsane13 Member Posts: 160

ever since super mario brothers I have hated swimming in games, I actually just came back to lotro because of its total lack of swimming. besides I don't recall any massive swimming going on in the books.

The cool thing about mmos these days is that there are quite a few to choose from and if you don't like one I don't see how trolling on a message board is going to change anything. if you don't like it don't play it, plain and simple. there are plenty of games I don't personally like and even out of the ones I do I have yet to play a 100% perfect game. you should do a bit of research and find the right one for you. maybe one day there will be an aquaman online game centered on pvp just for you.

"For a wounded man shall say to his assailant, 'If I live, I will kill you. If I die, You are forgiven.' Such is the rule of honour..."

• CharlizdCharlizd Member UncommonPosts: 923

I guess what we need to ask is what does he really want from swimming under water? is it a time killer thing? does he want quest to have some involvement under water? what? if he wants the game to be Fun then how about taking of all his gear and seeing how far he can Run in the Ettenmoors whilst mooning the Creeps without getting killed, make your own fun me and my guild are gonna hold weekly Fishing meets with Prizes for biggest catch within the time limit given, have chicken races if you want it to be immersive then make it immersive being able to swim under water is not going to give such a significant difference to the game i mean it would be cool to be able to do such a thing but how long do you think it will be fun for? for the first 10 minutes till you say ok been there done that, i would much prefer to have a something of a little bit more longevity implemented  like what  they do in SRO where we could do farming crop runs between area's and have to fight of the invading orc raids e.t.c, ok not entirely original but could add a fun aspect to the game.

The rest of the post was just Meh u  seem like you are more of a hard core gamer with the way your talkng about getting through the content maybe the game is not your style of game, or maybe you are just a game GOD and we should just hail your eliteness as clearly you have played this game more than most of us

Andrew "Charlizd" Phippen | Lead World Builder | The Saga of Lucimia MMORPG
    Originally posted by charlizd

I guess what we need to ask is what does he really want from swimming under water? is it a time killer thing? does he want quest to have some involvement under water? what? if he wants the game to be Fun then how about taking of all his gear and seeing how far he can Run in the Ettenmoors whilst mooning the Creeps without getting killed, make your own fun me and my guild are gonna hold weekly Fishing meets with Prizes for biggest catch within the time limit given, have chicken races if you want it to be immersive then make it immersive being able to swim under water is not going to give such a significant difference to the game i mean it would be cool to be able to do such a thing but how long do you think it will be fun for? for the first 10 minutes till you say ok been there done that, i would much prefer to have a something of a little bit more longevity implemented  like what  they do in SRO where we could do farming crop runs between area's and have to fight of the invading orc raids e.t.c, ok not entirely original but could add a fun aspect to the game.
    They were looking to gripe about the game and "can't swim underwater" was a convenient thing to gripe about. You can't do it, and so even though it doesn't hinder the gameplay in any sense - and obviously didn't for the OP considering how much they've done by their own say-so - they figured it would be an "easy" target. I don't think there's really much thought behind it at all.
    The rest of the post was just Meh u  seem like you are more of a hard core gamer with the way your talkng about getting through the content maybe the game is not your style of game, or maybe you are just a game GOD and we should just hail your eliteness as clearly you have played this game more than most of us
    I think they just burned out on the game and need to put it down for a while and then come back when more has been added.. Or... just move on to another game. They're another in an endless line of people who seem to feel that "I'm no longer enjoying the game" = "OMG the game is screwed up and the devs suck!". I mean, again, obviously none of the things they're ranting about with so much fervor was enough of a problem to keep them from playing as much as they did up 'til now. So... complaining about it all now as though it's all game-breaking is just a bit transparent to me.

• IllyrianIllyrian Member Posts: 300

Actually I revised my opinion OP after reading some of his previous drivel and my personal opinion is that he is simply full of cr**.

http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/140614

http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/153266

Ladies and gentleman, professional LOTRO basher and possible fanboi/fanbot of another MMO (I would bet on EQ but I could be wrong).

Enjoy!

PS

I suspect he will be back in another 3 - 4 months, repeating the same post yet again.

• carlosjuerocarlosjuero Member Posts: 7

For the unimaginative here are fun things which could EASILY be implimented: Kite making/flying kites/fighting kites, killing game animals/making food/taxidermy (some of which is implimented), more drunk effects which make you lose control/attack others/blackout/miscast,etc..., gadget making/inventions/novelties, pets for everyone, gardening/gardens at house, boatmaking/sailing, etc...
    Right now they got farming (tedius) , crafting (pve lewt is always better), smoking pipeweed (hardly anyone does it), playing instruments (which is somewhat entertaining but again hardly anyone does it), some drunk effects (too few), fishing as aforementioned, and I might have overlooked something but I doubt it.
    This is a casual players game make it more casual player fun! 

You are, of course, a Turbine Developer and thus entitled to say that it is 'Easy' to impliment some things right? Right? Oh... wait... you aren't. Listen up bub - you have no idea how 'easy' something is unless you personally are working on the code base; so take that particular ideal and shove it in your gollum gollum.

Hardly anyone plays instruments? Are you frikkin mad? [as in insane/crazy/out of your mind - I define it because I don't think you know what it means] - Have you heard of the Hobbiton Philharmonic? Or any number of other music based Kinships? Geesh.

I have seen some gems of posts, some real gems, but you my good troll take the bait. Talking like you are somebody 'special'.. wow.

I bow before your almighty knowledge...

(Or maybe its the stink of Troll)

• EbonHawkEbonHawk Member Posts: 545

Actually I revised my opinion OP after reading some of his previous drivel and my personal opinion is that he is simply full of cr**.
    Ladies and gentleman, professional LOTRO basher and possible fanboi/fanbot of another MMO (I would bet on EQ but I could be wrong).
    Enjoy!
    PS
    I suspect he will be back in another 3 - 4 months, repeating the same post yet again.

Good catch Illyrian

Yeah his/her credibility with me was not that great from how they stated their opinion in this post.  Now after checking out their other one's, it's completely shot in the ass.

What I don't get is why people feel the need to expend that amount of effort to bash something.  And believe me the OP is not the only here doing so.  I mean even if you don't like a particular game, go ahead and state your comments/opinions and move on.  Why all this time spent bashing something when it could be better spent doing something you enjoy.  But hey whatever floats your boat...

Enjoy!
    PS

You know it's funny... I read my reply to the first of those threads and noted the date I posted it... I was pretty harsh on the community aspect of it (and at the time, as I remember, I believed that very much). If nothing else it's funny how that's an example of how MMOs and, indeed, their communities can develop and/or change over time.

With the way I see the community now, I can honestly say that LoTRO's community has definitely "coalesced" and emerged as - at least in my experience - something that's very untypical in other so-called casual-friendly and/or solo-able MMOs I've played where the communities are still pretty weak.

That said... Yeah... 3 somewhat similar and equally verbose posts - all talking down LoTRO to varying degrees over the span of about 9 months... Still hasn't moved on. You'd almost think the guy had an agenda.

• McrobrewerMcrobrewer Member Posts: 36

Can I have yer stuff....

No really.

• apocalanceapocalance Member UncommonPosts: 1,073

The only complaints I have are superficial at this point.

Why do they let you play as an elf? The elves were preparing to leave middle-earth were they not? In the hobbit, the elves of Mirkwood stayed in Mirkwood, right? So why are they all over the place doing errands for townsfolk?

It's just the little things like that which bother me. I've never read the Silmarillion, so maybe some of this was addressed, but I felt the elves were no longer part of the world except a very rare few who stayed in contact with key men.

On to the OP's points. I have no problem with not being able to swim under water, it's a technicality that comes off as immature for the game engine, but it's not a game breaker.

Someone mentioned it as a solution to the perceived burglar issue. Balance should be done to the creeps to make them competitive with the freeps, not the other way around.

As for fights being easy mode, the encounters need to be adjusted, not the overall ability of the classes. It's much easier and doesn't tend to ruffle the feathers of the gamers so much. You also don't completely alter the mechanics of a class this way. The class may become less effective in certain situations, but that's something to deal with on a case-by-case basis.

The fun factor -- every game isn't fun for every person. If you don't like what you're experiencing, you may not be in the scope of their game. Then again, if you canceled your account, they may find they need to include you in their scope.

so...

• brostynbrostyn Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 3,092

Sims online was popular? You pretty much just proved anything out of your mouth is going be out of left field.

• xpowderxxpowderx Member UncommonPosts: 2,078

I am amused.. Im a new player to LOTR, not bored at all. Love the crafting. Love the quests and storylines.

I thought it funny how the O.P talked about "overpowered" Burglars. Burglars, the LOTR stealther class. Well OP, this is for you. Most MMOs have a "overpowered" stealth class. In WOW for the longest time Rogues were very nasty. In Dark Age of Camelot, ever been hit by infiltrators before they were nerfed? Or Axed by a Shadowblade? I find it amusing that you are so naive concerning this.

You should have posted "I am burnt out". Instead of trying to flame a game I know you actually like.You would not be so far advanced in the game if you did not like the game. Everybody who plays a game long enough gets burnt out. Why there are so many other games out there to alleviate that feeling.

I hope for the future you consider the feeling you are going thru instead of trying to bash a game because you were bored.

As for me, Ill enjoy my LOTR experience! For A LONG TIME TO COME!

Dwemer

• Daffid011Daffid011 Member UncommonPosts: 7,945

Originally posted by brostyn

Sims online was popular? You pretty much just proved anything out of your mouth is going be out of left field.
    LOL! 

Didn't EA just announce they are shutting down Sims Online in august?