Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for a game for me and my girlfriend

metalcoremetalcore Member Posts: 798

My girlfriend doesn't like violence much but I am looking for some sort of MMORP to play with her.

Cute and cartoony (like Nintendo stuff) are her preferences. Myself, I don't mind so long as the game isn't too simple.

Anyone got any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

Now playing: VG (after a long break from MMORPGS)
Played for more than a month: Darkfall online, Vanguard SOH, Everquest, Horizons, WoW, SWG, Everquest II, Eve

Comments

• FalstaffFalstaff Member UncommonPosts: 78

www.dofus.com/en

I have never played the game, so I cant tell you if its good or not.   But it does have the cute and cartoony that your looking for.  

• DaJoKeRDaJoKeR Member Posts: 149

Do You Like SuperHero movies?

I would say play COH/COV...why i would say COH/COV..is that my girlfriend always put me down by playing games online. so one day, i made her make a toon. befor you knew it, she was playing longer then me and even when she came home she kicked me off the comp and started playing.if we had 2 comps we would had  have a great time playing.

pros: you can make a girl toon what can kick butt. girls always love to kick butt ;)..fun to group with friends and girlfriends,making a toon is the best part. you can take hours just looking at stuff to put on your toon.skill is really fun.great people. and having a supergroup(guild) is really fun . you can even have  your own base.Look into the game for more info

cons:Missions are same,after lvl 30 feels like you don't need to lvl the toon up and start making a new one .PvP is alittle easy and if you have friends it can be fun but people talk **** alot.alittle easy to play.

hope that help.alittle

• HousamHousam Member Posts: 1,460

3feel :p lol JK

emm

Ragnarök online

• ZtyXZtyX Member UncommonPosts: 368

You should play Star Wars Galaxies with her. She will love having a house with you :) decorating it.. and you can play together. It'll be so much fun.

• XhavierXhavier Member Posts: 25

Ah I got a great game for you guys. Mabinogi a fantasy life which has an harvest moon type of feel to it you can farm and make stuff kind of like runescape with self shaded type graphics

you and you partner (g/f) can play together with music and do other thins give it a try you might really like it

Oh and if you decide you want to play it pm me and I can give you a unique cute hat only fileplanet subscribers can get and you can give it to your g/f. anyways good luck on finding a game ^.^

mabinogi.nexon.net/

• BrianshoBriansho Member UncommonPosts: 3,586

8 letters, 2 syllables

Darkfall!

Don't be terrorized! You're more likely to die of a car accident, drowning, fire, or murder! More people die every year from prescription drugs than terrorism LOL!

• vmopedvmoped Member Posts: 1,708
    Originally posted by metalcore

My girlfriend doesn't like violence much but I am looking for some sort of MMORP to play with her.
    Cute and cartoony (like Nintendo stuff) are her preferences. Myself, I don't mind so long as the game isn't too simple.
    Anyone got any suggestions?
    Thanks in advance.

Ultima Online would be another good choice. It has alot of content that you can explore and never lift a sword (or cast a spell).  It has a free trial, but be warned that it is a grandaddy (graphics) in regards to other MMOs.

MMO Vet since AOL Neverwinter Nights circa 1992. My MMO beat up your MMO. =S

• TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,125
    Originally posted by Briansho

8 letters, 2 syllables
    Darkfall!

where can you pick a copy of that game up at?

SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• CleffyIICleffyII Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 3,440

Its a good position you are taking on this.  Its not whats a game for me and my girlfriend, but whats a game my girlfriend would like that I can tag along on.  A much much smarter approach.

I have the agree on Mabinogi.  It is probably one of the better more complex mmos to come out in a while.  Also another good one is Dream of Mirror Online.

• HavynHavyn Member Posts: 1

I have to agree with the person who said SWG,  even though its kind of a ghost town now.  coh/cov is also a very solid choice. she would probably enjoy the charachter customizations and its pretty user friendly as far as game mechanics go. besides that there is always WoW or even vanguard. vanguard isn't really cartoonish but there is housing and maybe she might enjoy the diplomacy side of things if she isn't into the whole combat/questing/killing kinda stuff.

• BrianshoBriansho Member UncommonPosts: 3,586

Originally posted by tillamook

8 letters, 2 syllables
    Darkfall!

In the realm of the Twilight Zone.

Don't be terrorized! You're more likely to die of a car accident, drowning, fire, or murder! More people die every year from prescription drugs than terrorism LOL!

• KitySohmaKitySohma Member Posts: 7

Try Wonderland Online. It is still in beta phase but open to anyone. Very cute, nice pet system, not super difficult, yet not super easy either. It also has a housing system where you can build up and decorate your own home (tent) and a lot of crafting options. There is also a remote system that a lot of people seem to like. And there is an exp system when grouping where you can get more exp for bursting with a grp.

• mike470mike470 General CorrespondentMember Posts: 2,396

Originally posted by tillamook

8 letters, 2 syllables
    Darkfall!

At Imaginary Island, just make a right once you pass In Your Dreams' Lane.

@OP.  I would reccommend both Mabinogi and Elf Island.  They're anime and don't have too much violence.

• AdamantineAdamantine Member RarePosts: 5,085

Age of Conan

No, seriously, the statement "my girlfriend doesnt like violence" really makes me wonder. That kills of most games, and really all I know about.

It even kills chess.

• metalcoremetalcore Member Posts: 798

Originally posted by Adamantine
    Age of Conan image
    No, seriously, image the statement "my girlfriend doesnt like violence" really makes me wonder. That kills of most games, and really all I know about.
    It even kills chess. image

Chess, mnmn I mean Violence which is fairly realistic.

Thanks for the advice everyone, looks like I will have to keep hunting as nothing mentioned would be suitable for her or me.

Really hate 2D games, like going back 6 years.

Now playing: VG (after a long break from MMORPGS)
    Played for more than a month: Darkfall online, Vanguard SOH, Everquest, Horizons, WoW, SWG, Everquest II, Eve

• burdock2burdock2 Member UncommonPosts: 420

Buy Age of Conan. That is all.