Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

More Free MMORPG

MajesticoMajestico Member UncommonPosts: 481

Following on from the above sticky (to which you cannot reply) I thought I would help this guy to compile his list, as I thought of seeral that were not on there.

Black Moon Chronicles : A odd looking but rather stylish, cartoon MMO.  Everything in the game looks as  though it is from the pen of a comic book painter.  This adds a lot to the appeal of the game.  However, so far it is in early beta, and there are only a handful of people playing it.  Mostly the French. 

Once the game gets more backing, and more players, then it could be fun.  Almost like a Diablo2 type of ga,e.  Worth keeping your eyes on this one.

LastChaosUSA:  Rather poor Lineage 2 clone.  The game typifies the bulk of the Asian free2play scene.  Namelu spend hours upon hours just to get up in level, and then find that the pvp'rs can simply use their real cash to stock up on the finest potions, weapons, armour, etc.  The bulk of thecity is where most of the people are.  Yes...you have guessed it;

They are all seeling their products.  That many people  (most of them are not even at their compiters), cause the system to jam up, and you get the dreaded lag. 

12Sky:  Yet another game from the east.  This one is set in fuedal China, around the 11th century (I think). It is fun to play for a little while, but then the grind sets in again.  You do not even get offered a quest until you are 14th level.

You use these skill attacks on opponents which you have to accumulate by going up in level.  Once this is done, you have several points to share out amongst your key attributes (strength, inteligence, etc) and you also have some points to go about buying a skill.

As is the norm wiith these game, the community is riddled with trash talkers.  New players have a quandry in that the website provides little info, and nobody in the community was willing to help.

I would be interested in seeing what it is like at high level, but I doubt I'll ever have the time or patience to get there. 

If you are looking for some mindless fun, with very litle quests or story-lines, then give thisa try.

Shaiya: I was surprised to learn that this was free to play.  Put simply it is a Lineage 2 clone, and after trying this, I doubt I shall ever pay an L2 sub again.  Beautiful graphics and locations.  A nice map, that highlights quest givers.  For an Asian MMO, there is even a bit off story.  The character models are a blatant rip-off from L2.  It can be easy at times to get about due to the many portals dotted around the land (but which you don't get lost like I did!).  Even some of the quests or a little more detailed than simply 'fetch 6 furs' etc. Sure there are many still like that, but there is the added jeopardy of time.  As you may be given a quest that will run out after 60 minutes.

There are two opposing forces in Shaiya, and the pvp is said to be excellent.  The community is actually quite friendly, certainly the nicest I have come across on all the frree to plays.  There are many neat touches to this game. One for instance, allows you to sell bootleg gear to the opposing force.  Something that would be dealt with very strictly if any player were to catch you,

There are two modes of play when starting.  East for MMO beginners, and Normal.  Easy takes you to a max of 30 (and you get double xp), but you are limited n your skill choice. Normal takes you to around 60.  At which pont he can go no further, but now Hard setting has been unlocked.  Once you have maxed Hard, then you are offered the greatest challenge of them all; the Ultima game!

In this, if you die and do not get rez'ed within 3 minutes, then you are dead! Permadeath!

I love those kind of challenges.  Anyway, if you liked L2 then you should like this. Otherwise, stay clear.

Myth Wars:

Space Cowboy:

Pirates of the Caribbean:       Info on these games to follow

Comments

• ItzcoliuhquiItzcoliuhqui Member Posts: 94

Black Moon Chronicles? They finished that game?

I thought it never got out of beta... And this was quite a few years ago. I used to play The 4th Coming back then(Yay oldness)

Edit: Also the reason why there are so many french players on it is... Because it's a rather successful comic book series in France. At least the only books I read were in french.

The Anti Social Gamer